LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

Question: Can I leave the mound and return later, and still have the killcount as I had when I left?

Example: I kill 4 brothers. Decide to go to the nature altar to recharge my prayer, and the go back to kill the final 2 brothers. Will my killcount still be 4 when i return to the barrows?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Can I leave the mound and return later, and still have the killcount as I had when I left?

Example: I kill 4 brothers. Decide to go to the nature altar to recharge my prayer, and the go back to kill the final 2 brothers. Will my killcount still be 4 when i return to the barrows?

Yes, it will stay.

And leetster.. the guide is very good.. outdone yourself indeed 100/10 ;)

dkhunteruserbarnf4.gif

DK Drop list : Dragon axe : 2 Bezerker ring's : 4 Warrior ring's : 5

Seers rings : 1

Yes, it will remember your kill count, which brothers you've killed, and which one was your tunnel mound. Whether you die, log, or switch worlds, the memory stays until you open the chest.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Hi leester, I love your guide much, thank you, you helped me alot :wink: .

Now, back to what i want to ask you. Recently, my friend is using veracs to do barrows, but he didnt tell me if it is good. And in my recent trips to barrows, i got various veracs parts, I am thinking if i should buy the other parts and try to do barrows or do u suggest me just sell the parts?

Hi leester, I love your guide much, thank you, you helped me alot :wink: .

Now, back to what i want to ask you. Recently, my friend is using veracs to do barrows, but he didnt tell me if it is good. And in my recent trips to barrows, i got various veracs parts, I am thinking if i should buy the other parts and try to do barrows or do u suggest me just sell the parts?

Verac is a cool set. Its awesome just for the prayer bonus alone. And I've heard its effective against the brothers, since they have all that armor on and have 99's. Never tried it.

Its a great set to have. Good for KQ, fight pits, and prayer training.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

leester, i comment... why do you need to list the bonuses of the barows items in this guide. its already all there on the tip.it and it makes your guide about 4 pages longer without adding anything useful. dont you think that part is redundant? the rest of your guide is totally excellent, but when i print it out i usually throw away the last few pages

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Leesters, great guide!

I have one question... why do you have 10 Earth Runes and 10 Law Runes? Is that for a Lumby Teleport. You didn't really say anything where you had "What to take" listed.

Thanks,

Dantoine

Leesters, great guide!

I have one question... why do you have 10 Earth Runes and 10 Law Runes? Is that for a Lumby Teleport. You didn't really say anything where you had "What to take" listed.

Thanks,

Dantoine

Yeah, thats for Tele Lumby. It skips by the tele options pretty early on. Also offered are Camelot, Lleyta and Ardy.

I use lumby because its closest to an altar, and I do my banking in Cannifis on the way back.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Did they change coding so that people get less barrows items/armor?

I am about to do barrows again (made 15 mil last time :D)

I think they tweaked it to make it better, actually.

I don't think they've ever tweaked the chest before, but there are so many reports of double/triple chest rewards, and for the first time ever there are are reports of the same brother dropping two items. Even happened to me.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

leester, i comment... why do you need to list the bonuses of the barows items in this guide. its already all there on the tip.it and it makes your guide about 4 pages longer without adding anything useful. dont you think that part is redundant? the rest of your guide is totally excellent, but when i print it out i usually throw away the last few pages

This guide was up before the Tip It one. People screamed for the stats. It made the guide complete, at the time. Now, you're right, its just redundant. But... I own stock in a paper company, so.... Print away. :twisted:

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

hey thanks a lot for the great guide, it inspired me to try it, and it paid off early.

my 3rd run got torags helm!

Cool, I could use that, too. Was with someone today that got torag plate. Could have used that, too. Then I go and get Torags legs. Already had that. lol.

It was Torag Day today. :P So in order to make sure he was fully covered, I sold the duplicate legs and bought the hammers. :D

4 more pieces left to re-complete set.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

If a double brother pops up and I kill both of them, does it give me an increased chance of an item(armor/weapon)?

I think so, but its not really confirmed, but very close.

Once when Ahrim had a twin in the tunnels, I got 6 drops (2 blood drops, 2 bolt rack drops, torag legs, 1 blood drop) + coins from that. So, did the rats drop the coins? I don't think so, but can't confirm.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

If a double brother pops up and I kill both of them, does it give me an increased chance of an item(armor/weapon)?

2toragsonme8wq.png

but didnt get anything good from the chest.. :s

i tried 3 veracs, still no

i tried 2 dhorak (my heart was beating fast, i dont know why :P). but still nothing..

EDIT: 2 guthan, STILL NO BARROWS ITEM

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

2toragsonme8wq.png

but didnt get anything good from the chest.. :s

i tried 3 veracs, still no

i tried 2 dhorak (my heart was beating fast, i dont know why :P). but still nothing..

EDIT: 2 guthan, STILL NO BARROWS ITEM

Try four Dharoks... :) I have a pic of that somewhere.

I'm do apologize if this question has already been asked (my first time reading this and i've only been to the barrows like 4 times)... but does the ring of wealth increase your odds of getting something good?

No, it has no effect on the chest drops. Definately advisable to use ring of life instead.

r u sure? i sent in a query asking if ring of wealth or crumbling tome increaces ur chances of somethin good, and Mod Mark H answered that a ring of wealth would. I would give a screenie, but idk how to post them here. Here is the Quote at least.

Dear Skaajned,

Thank you for contacting RuneScape Customer Support.

A ring of wealth when worn will help increase the chance of getting an item of worth from the barrows chest.

A crumbling tome however will not help increase your chance.

Making sure to kill all of the brothers first is also a good way to make sure you get a good item.

I hope that this helps resolve your problem.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Mark H

RuneScape Customer Support

On 23rd November 2005, you sent us the following:

I was wondering, does an equipped ring of wealth, or a carried crumbling tome affect the chances of getting a barrows item from the barrows chest? Thank you in advance.

Thats the first time they've said anything other than a definate no. Either this is made up, or that guy is new, or they changed things.

Time to test that.... Who wants to submit some additional querries and post pics if its news. :)

jaxexbarrow5xv.png Hope it helps :D

dkhunteruserbarnf4.gif

jaxexbarrow5xv.png Hope it helps :D

That sounds nice :D

Why havent this been stickyfied?? :evil:

Sticky sticky we want sticky!!

dkhunteruserbarnf4.gif