LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

I don't know if this was changed from a previous update but you CAN use a cannon in the tunnels. I used about 10k c balls while I was down there.

Really? I wonder how long thats been available. lol. Hidden updates suck.

Also, twin brothers don't multi attack you now. So if you have two brothers (twin or not) only one will attack you at a time.

If a rat is attacking you, the brother will wait. If a brother is attacking you, the rats will not attack anymore. The semi-multi attack mode is gone at the Barrows.

I'll test the cannon myself. Thats a biggie, wanna see it first hand.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a great guide, However...I only took two things from you guide...

I used to use dragon armor for my setup, Now I use verac. Thanks for that.

And, I used to use a dose or two of a prayer pot. Now, Super restores :D

Someday, I'll make my own barrows guide...I use Ancient magic...And...Very little food...I can usually stay down at barrows for around 6 trips...Without bones to peaches OR guthan......OR blood spells, now that I think about it....

But, to stay down there indefinitely, I'm gonna get the guthan plate I still haven't managed to get down at barrows...

But, as I said Earlier...Great guide.

I'll have to see you down there sometime...I am always on W9 as well, but...Lately, I've been RCing and various other activities...Next week, I'll get back into barrows

I don't know if this was changed from a previous update but you CAN use a cannon in the tunnels. I used about 10k c balls while I was down there.

Really? I wonder how long thats been available. lol. Hidden updates suck.

Also, twin brothers don't multi attack you now. So if you have two brothers (twin or not) only one will attack you at a time.

If a rat is attacking you, the brother will wait. If a brother is attacking you, the rats will not attack anymore. The semi-multi attack mode is gone at the Barrows.

I'll test the cannon myself. Thats a biggie, wanna see it first hand.

Feel free to check the cannon out but you can scan this for a couple screenies of it in action. :)

Edit: Here is what I forgot to post http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=388784&start=0 :oops:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Scan what?

Okay, I'll believe you. I have exactly 1 cannon ball at the moment. lol

So, some questions:

Can you set up the cannon in the room, then open an adjoining door?

This would be cool, because...

1) if no rats are attacking you, the cannon will multi fire on all monsters in the room.

2) great way to generate a pinkie in the room, then sidestep it through the door, and let the cannon do its work.

3) would allow you to open the door over and over again to generate more monsters.

Thinking about all this makes me wanna get some cannonballs. lol

Does the cannon have to be in one of the big rooms? Can you set it up in the hallways and corridors?

Does it block anything? I don't think the cannon impedes or makes monsters walk around it, does it? Nah, nevermind, I don't think it does.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

w00t nice guide, I'm glad its back up, but too bad I quit barrows, too much of my life wasted (56 trips of bs in a row still nothing) :x

I had 95 trips of nothing,and then I got 2 guthan spears in the same trip,keep trying.

as much as i like your guide and all, and appreciate the work put into it, i simply cannot use it to benefit me really, ive done like i have no idea, 100+ runs with 2 drops. :(

was nice seein ya tho, good luck again

and ive done like 20 runs, with 20ish killcount. and loop half was the best thing i got with some good amount of runs and bolt racks

sadly this just isnt my thing

I will just edit in my answers to prevent any confusion:

Scan what?

This: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=388784&start=0 For some reason it decided to not paste or I forgot to do so, lol.

Okay, I'll believe you. I have exactly 1 cannon ball at the moment. lol

So, some questions:

Can you set up the cannon in the room, then open an adjoining door?

Yes, you can. I had to several times because I would have 4 people camping in my room calling me a cannon noob and eating up all my worms. -.-

This would be cool, because...

1) if no rats are attacking you, the cannon will multi fire on all monsters in the room.

If you kill the one that spawns you can clear out the other room with ease. It is pretty expensive though.

2) great way to generate a pinkie in the room, then sidestep it through the door, and let the cannon do its work.

You would probably have to go back in to refill your cannon which runs the chance of spawing twins (or triplets) but this is another alternative as well.

3) would allow you to open the door over and over again to generate more monsters.

With only me, my cannon, and on a world with less than 500 people playing (spawn rate was pretty sad), I would finish the last one moments before the first kill respawned so cannon fodder wasn't really much of an issue.

Thinking about all this makes me wanna get some cannonballs. lol

Does the cannon have to be in one of the big rooms? Can you set it up in the hallways and corridors?

If there is space I would assume that you could. I never tried and I don't think that there is room.

Does it block anything? I don't think the cannon impedes or makes monsters walk around it, does it? Nah, nevermind, I don't think it does.

It has no effect on their movement but if you stand in the center of the cannon you can reload quickly, get better melee xp (per kill), and most importantly waste fewer c balls per kill (usually 1, occasionally 2)

All good questions, though. I don't think that it is worth the weight or space to haul a cannon around but it would greatly speed up brothers' kills and kill count and/or greatly assist a lower leveled player to kill them.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

omg.. i think i love this guide.

i've been doing barrows for ages and always used up a ton of prayer pots. i use half the ammount now :D

not to mention, i got a guthan helm today (first barrow item) only a few trips after reading this guide :shock: . you must have made the guide a lucky one too :lol:

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

• 3 weeks later...
do you think i should do barrows i have done it like 10 times lol ( no drops) and i use magic dart and pray on all of them do you think its worth my time? ( my stats are below)

If you keep doing it, you might get a drop

• 2 weeks later...

nice guide yeah ya yeah...(lol)

OFF TOPIC: I SAW YOU AT SEERS YESTERDAY! WOOT THEN AGAIN AT EDGE

EVEN MORE OFF TOPIC: the mod who locked your thread about the birds nest thing..(i got 6 if u wanna buy) said "this thread was made a year ago so its 'probaly' against the rules" WTF probably i saw nothing wrong with that

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

"this thread was made a year ago so its 'probaly' against the rules" * probably i saw nothing wrong with that

Some threads are an exception to that rule. This is definately one of them. This is in the Archive of Wisdom, and those guides need to be bumped occasionally to stay alive.

Its for the good of the forum. Mods, please dont lock this. lol

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

3 ) Defend against these guys the right way. They're offense is potent. You must bring two outfits. Good Melee/range defense, and good mage defense. More on this later.

Just a little note. Thought you might want to change it.

Nice guide, the update really improves it.

Em the twin brothers in the tunnels now hit at same time just like in multi combat zone.

multi.jpg

for those who need pic for proof :)

two ahrims and both hitting me at same time, and no it's not lag, have few more if needed

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

ive acctually noticed torag seems to be hitting me harder than guthan because i mage them both with rune armour equiped and guthan some times gets in a rare 20 or so but when i faced torag the other day(and on a few other trips i had similar results) he hit 3 20s on me and i have 82 def :?

kirby-sig.gif

Anybody notice Guthan being tougher in the last few days? Seems to me, he's healing himself a lot more than before.

Yep I've noticed this.. I usually face him in his armour with slayer dart and he used to hit about one 20 on me before I killed him - if he was lucky. Now he's regularly hitting two or three 20's in the same time - I've had to use prayer on him a couple of times now to finish him off in safety.

Mordendravid.png

Em the twin brothers in the tunnels now hit at same time just like in multi combat zone.

multi.jpg

two ahrims and both hitting me at same time, and no it's not lag, have few more if needed

Its true, they are doing it again.

There was a bug fix that fixed this, but now its reverted back.

I've been meaning to send in a bug report, but never get around to it.

Just be careful down there when there are two brothers in the same room, the WILL attack you multi-style again.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

multi.jpg

Its true, they are doing it again.

There was a bug fix that fixed this, but now its reverted back.

I've been meaning to send in a bug report, but never get around to it.

Just be careful down there when there are two brothers in the same room, the WILL attack you multi-style again.

I haven't barrowed in a few days, but when I got two brothers, they both attacked me buy one always hit zeros, is that what you mean?

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

That sucks, first theres a bug in the barrows. Then Jagex decide to fix to bug by letting both brother attack at the same time. I too havn't barrowed for a few days, so I'll have to pray not to get a twin when i go.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

bloodvell they hit 0's becaus ei had mage protect prayer, if u don't have prayer they will hit more than 0's :) imagine get hit 20-20-18-and hello lumby/fally

Prayer is good for herbs

I meant one always hit zeros on me, when I wasn't praying :roll:

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I meant one always hit zeros on me, when I wasn't praying :roll:

oh, well i don't know about that but last time i was teled to fally i had 2 ahrims in each side of the doors.

well opened one doors ahrim poped up, hit 20, i imediatly jumped back thru doors and another poped up also hitting 20 and next cast 18, while i was drinking prayer.

so i rather won't risk trying figure out if they hit or not at same time :)

Prayer is good for herbs