LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

Hmmm... Seems to be some confusion here... let me clarify a little.

When the Barrows started, if two brothers generated in the same room, they would "multi-attack" you at the same time.

A bug fix was posted on the main site where "twins" were being generated.

This was "fixed" by changing the multi status of the brothers, and they would then "take turns" on you if they were in the same room.

This update lasted about a week, lol, and after the very next update the brothers reverted back to multi-attack style, which is where it stands now.

So, yes. They will both hit you at the same time. If you have three in the same room, they will all hit you at the same time.

I had to ecto once when I generated a Karil, went back through the door, generated another, went back through the door again (decided to fight the one that had damage already), #3, went back again (didn't feel like fighting two in the same room), #4, and went back again, (flat out panic) #5. (Now facing 3 in the same room.)

So, when I had 3 Karils in the same room, and 2 waiting on the other side, that was it for me. PANIC BUTTON! Good news, I survived.. Bad News, long walk back while revisiting that "noob feeling" again.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to ecto once when I generated a Karil, went back through the door, generated another, went back through the door again (decided to fight the one that had damage already), #3, went back again (didn't feel like fighting two in the same room), #4, and went back again, (flat out panic) #5. (Now facing 3 in the same room.)

I had something like that too but with 3 Dharrock's ... :oops:

I think i left with 2 or 3 Hp

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Darkarno. Combat 105+, mage 85+, str 90+ ...

• 1 month later...

I hate to bump it up, but could you post a "What to bring" screen for lower levels? Your guide kinda confused me. You said if we were using Magic Dart we could mage in rune, but you tell us to bring wizard robes.. Same thing with Verac.

but what about me on kc ive done roughly somewhere around 100 runs and yet to see a drop and i always have kc between 15-25 usually around 20

You're so right, because 100 runs without controls is such a massive sample size that, like, it completely proves that 20 kc doesn't work.

You're the man, man. Totally.

Wyvern, check out Satenza's guide to lower level barrowing:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=418468

but what about me on kc ive done roughly somewhere around 100 runs and yet to see a drop and i always have kc between 15-25 usually around 20

You're so right, because 100 runs without controls is such a massive sample size that, like, it completely proves that 20 kc doesn't work.

You're the man, man. Totally.

Wyvern, check out Satenza's guide to lower level barrowing:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=418468

What he said without sounding like a valley girl :roll: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• 1 month later...

Updates include:

- Fairy ring technique for faster shortcut to barrows.

- Verac technique for staying for multiple trips to the barrows.

- Verac hits through prayer now, but not too hard.

- "Barrows bank" south of the barrows is still not mentioned, as I don't really see any benefit to it thats better than shortcuts or using noted supples.

Anyway, its been updated.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

Updates include:

- Fairy ring technique for faster shortcut to barrows.

- Verac technique for staying for multiple trips to the barrows.

- Verac hits through prayer now, but not too hard.

- "Barrows bank" south of the barrows is still not mentioned, as I don't really see any benefit to it thats better than shortcuts or using noted supples.

Anyway, its been updated.

the beinifit is that no newbs can steal your stuff plus theres a way to deposite your loot and get right back in there without leaving the general area

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Barrows seems much harder now with the Verac update, all the bros are hitting me harder :(

(Off topic, your sig says 6PM "GST", should be 6PM GMT)

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

the beinifit is that no newbs can steal your stuff plus theres a way to deposite your loot and get right back in there without leaving the general area

LK1

Actually, its a shorter walk to tele to the pub in Cannifis, bank, and use the boat than working yourself through the maze, back up the ladder, walking around the fence, walking through Mort'ton, jumping the fence, going down to the bank, and then retracing your steps all the way back.

In short... Bleah.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

LK1

Actually, its a shorter walk to tele to the pub in Cannifis, bank, and use the boat than working yourself through the maze, back up the ladder, walking around the fence, walking through Mort'ton, jumping the fence, going down to the bank, and then retracing your steps all the way back.

In short... Bleah.

you have a point, but i was refering to comparing the burge de rot bank with the mort'ton general store swaping note method( oh also you dont have to worry about the respawn rate causing you to lose pots :-P thats happened to me a lot lol :\)

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

You promised I'd be rich if I did this 100 times... =(

I've gone 108 times and I'm still dirt poor.

The Zebera is getting faster! The road to 99 Agility

Previous 99s (in order)

Fishing, November 23rd, 2009.

Attack, November 23rd, 2009 (got it about 10 minutes after Fishing)

Hitpoints (well, it was back then), December 28th, 2009

Defence, February 27, 2010

So out-dated #-o

Guess you're right, this is kind of old, and there have been many, many new items that needed to be added. Hey, instead of whining like a baby, why don't you do something about it? Like, idk, list certain things in the guide that can be updated?

Or you could just sit there whining your a** off, you're choice.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If you wish you can use the last section of my new guide, on POH and barrows, and add it in. Save you the work of writing it out if you choose to update.

Link in sig.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Just a quick point. For your third(?) method of travel using Fairy rings you say you need a Fairy Tale pt2. You only actually need to have partially completed the quest (you can access the rings without the herblore/farming requirement). IDK if you think its worth mentioning or not. Nice guide though, I might give this a shot at some point.

df

iratebadger.png

• 4 weeks later...

PANIC BUTTON - Always remember... mentally remind yourself... "Okay, if i get in serious trouble, just click the ecto vial, just click the green ecto vial" Its saved my wagon many times. (Once I had Ahrim and Karil in the same hallway. I paniced a little when I thought of what outfit to wear, lol, and froze. By the time I realized I really shouldn't try this, I saw three red splashes with 2 of them in the 20's and I was down to 8 hitpoints. CLICK VIAL!!! I stood there heart racing, gobbling lobbies. I would have lost millions.)

well maybe its just because i'm a pretty big and maybe you have a ring you really like but wouldn't ring of life be better? true you can use ecto whenever you want so maybe bring both would also be a good idea. but something else you might want to think about (and this has happened to me) i fighting ahrim everthing was going fine (i'm a low lvl so if i run out of prayer i'm dead) my prayer was at i think 20 or so when suddenly everthing freezes. :shock: lost connection.... then the opening screen came up. i quickly. type my name and pass getting pretty freaked when i get back on... falador. but wait!! i still have everthing! so ring of life is also a lag safe gaurd. so i just thought maybe you should add that or something. (also i didn't read the entire guide just until i got to that part, so if you already have a post about ring of life then... well i just gave another reason to use it) so just i would say this. :thumbsup:

oh and great guide to!

nversaydie13.png

20i9enb.jpg

trapped1yn6.png

PKERS CAN ALL BE DAMNED TO HELL!

If youre using ecto and lumby altar to do it, how about this:

after youre done, tele to edge with youre glory. deposit ALL the armour and weapons, grab air staf, 1 earth and law rune.

tele to lumby recharge pray, use ecto and run back to canifis, grab all youre gear fast as possible, wear on every place random stuff (so you use the least time to get ready). restore hp and food, then walk through the shortcut (here you you can rearrange youre gear :P)

even with only 49 agility and still down by kharil, I can easily run all the way through the swamp and i dont waste much time by walking all the way to canifis :)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• 2 weeks later...