LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad that jagex mods cant spell whether or weather...

makes me wonder why there are so many bugs..

Haha diden't noticed that yet :D

dkhunteruserbarnf4.gif

DK Drop list : Dragon axe : 2 Bezerker ring's : 4 Warrior ring's : 5

Seers rings : 1

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to thank u mate for a great guide. Helped a lot. Btw in around 200 runs or so i got a

guthans spear and helm

ahrims hood and staff

torags plate, legs and helm

dharok helm and plate

veracs brassard 2x and skirt

karils coif and x bow

so thx for all tht.

Seems like some people thought my query which i put there is a fake. Well i don't mind really if you think that, but trust me its not, i mean what point would there be for me to make a fake thing like that, i just sent in a query and got an answer. To be honest i don't know whats up with these answers but its happened more that once that two different querys got two different answers, but from both of the previous ones we can derive at least one thing, wearing a ring of wealth DOES PAY OFF, whether it be for barrows items OR the other stuff (at least one of them for sure, i think).

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

The Lumby walk from tele spot to altar is so close you can see it on the mini map. Definately my tele spot of choice. I hate walking. lol

what about if you tele to vorrock and use the alter next to canifis? thats what works for me

Does mag atk bonus actually help at all?

because I have been using full verac since I got it as my armour I use while I mage and I don't seem to hit that much less than wen I used mage robes..?

"If ignorance is bliss...then knock the smile off my face!"

Rage Against The Machine

Zack De La Rocha

Does mag atk bonus actually help at all?

because I have been using full verac since I got it as my armour I use while I mage and I don't seem to hit that much less than wen I used mage robes..?

I don't think mage attack matters that much. Wearing Veracs may make you have one more odd splash here or there, but it isn't that much overall. Mage attack really matters the most when you are pking or fighting some high level creature that isn't as weak as these brothers are to magic.

Swordwiz2000 - 110 Combat

88 Ranged - 95 Magic - 92 HP - 99 Fletching

Barrows Log (300+ Trips)

[url=http://forum.tip

• 2 weeks later...

I did a quick search and no one seems to have posted this "bug" before.

You can open the reward chest without killing the 6th brother and get an armor drop. I did and got t hammers.

Opening the chest before killing the 6th brother might drastically reduce your chances of getting any armor at all, but in this one case it worked for me.

EDIT: Removed some stuff that was wrong.

Anybody else beside me use range to kill all the barrow brother? Cbow/Karil's x-bow + between 108 and 102 ranged works very well for me, I'm a tad slower than mages with high spell, but I waste less cash per shot and I'm still as fast as mages with, say, fire bolt.

ranger4life995ut.gif

Seems like some people thought my query which i put there is a fake. Well i don't mind really if you think that, but trust me its not, i mean what point would there be for me to make a fake thing like that, i just sent in a query and got an answer. To be honest i don't know whats up with these answers but its happened more that once that two different querys got two different answers, but from both of the previous ones we can derive at least one thing, wearing a ring of wealth DOES PAY OFF, whether it be for barrows items OR the other stuff (at least one of them for sure, i think).

Its common thats customer support gives different answers. Keep in mind, these folks are NOT mods. They are minimum wage cust serv reps that don't know everything. The only thing that concerns me about this reply is that it is not the normal form letter used for the thousands of Barrows inquiries they get.

I don't think its a fake, but I don't trust the answer. Hehe.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

I did a quick search and no one seems to have posted this "bug" before.

You can open the reward chest without killing the 6th brother and get an armor drop. I did and got t hammers.

Opening the chest before killing the 6th brother might drastically reduce your chances of getting any armor at all, but in this one case it worked for me.

EDIT: Removed some stuff that was wrong.

Actually, you can kill one and get an item. Its just a better chance if you kill all six, so they say. If it wasn't for this, I'd skip Karil altogether.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

if i want ahrim's.. do i need 70 def as well? or only 70 mage?

I think so.. But in that chase it would be really stupid..

Yep, you need 70 mage and 70 def to wear Ahrim's

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

• 1 month later...

Guide is updated to show the new kill count data.

Kill count does matter, but only slightly.

You could argue thats its better to go faster, and kill less.

You could argue to go higher kill count, and take less trips.

Unfotunately, I did not track the "time" taken when doing 10-20 kill count, vs 20-30 kill count. They probably provide around the same amount of drops "per hour". Hehe.

Also, using Verac is cool. The armor helps your pray bonus greatly, and with the special, you might even be tempted to bash the melee brothers. REVENGE! 8) Replace your rune or dragon or Torags with Verac if you have it.

Annnnnd... the super restore pot is a great addition, because if you're maging Karil the ranger, he is going to wipe away your agility levels. After one fight with him, I've been taken down to 18/70 agillity. And since this routine takes alot of running, this is not good. Super Restore Potions restore prayer (1 better than pray pot), agility levels, and any damage Ahrim did to your combat stats.

Thanks for bearing with seeing this on the front page again. It needed an update and a bump. We're losing some guides on the Archive due to inactivity. :(

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

dnt know if your still updatin this guide, but dharok definately hit a 59 on me, but you say his max is 58, lost 1.6m :(

It used to be 58. I'm gonna need someone to verify this. No offense, but with 2 post count, I gotta have more ppl telling me they got hit for 58+

There was a rumor that he can hit up to 72, but I've never seen it confirmed.

Has anyone gotten hit for more than 58 from the real Dharok?

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

I don't know if this was changed from a previous update but you CAN use a cannon in the tunnels. I used about 10k c balls while I was down there.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!