LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you barrow with guthan Leeters1? what do you have with you in inventory? Tell all items (Thoos you wear 2)

Nah, Barrowing with Guthan is too chaotic for me. I do it just the way the guide has it. I can go faster that way.

Lately I've been bringing supersets which makes it a little funner. Karil gets majorly owned. 8) Other than that, my inventory is in the middle of the guide.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

So do you barrow with guthan Leeters1? what do you have with you in inventory? Tell all items (Thoos you wear 2)

Nah, Barrowing with Guthan is too chaotic for me. I do it just the way the guide has it. I can go faster that way.

Lately I've been bringing supersets which makes it a little funner. Karil gets majorly owned. 8) Other than that, my inventory is in the middle of the guide.

sounds like what i do m8, and question y do u have leesters1 as ur tip it name when ur real runescape name is ******** <-- incase u dont want ppl knowing

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

and question y do u have leesters1 as ur tip it name when ur real runescape name is ******** <-- incase u dont want ppl knowing

I lost my password and email address to the Leesters account. :( So I had to make a new one. Wish I could change it.

does the ceiling fall down on you or what, i never opened the chest, verac got me in the tunnels 1 day and i havent bothered to go back

Yeah, when you open the chest the room starts shaking and every 20 seconds or so the ceiling falls on you. Max hit from the ceiling is 4. If the ceiling isn't shaking, you haven't searched the chest yet.

hey leesters can u get some screenshots of the barrows especially ur inventory and what u wear down there

I don't have a pic account yet. When I do get around to setting one up, I'll also add the range spots. If someone would like to upload pics for me, that would be great also. :)

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

and question y do u have leesters1 as ur tip it name when ur real runescape name is ******** <-- incase u dont want ppl knowing

I lost my password and email address to the Leesters account. :( So I had to make a new one. Wish I could change it.

does the ceiling fall down on you or what, i never opened the chest, verac got me in the tunnels 1 day and i havent bothered to go back

Yeah, when you open the chest the room starts shaking and every 20 seconds or so the ceiling falls on you. Max hit from the ceiling is 4. If the ceiling isn't shaking, you haven't searched the chest yet.

hey leesters can u get some screenshots of the barrows especially ur inventory and what u wear down there

I don't have a pic account yet. When I do get around to setting one up, I'll also add the range spots. If someone would like to upload pics for me, that would be great also. :)

email them to me and ill upload them (and crop if u need it)

Ok so i dont got the greatest combat stats :( ( so dont laugh at me),

81 combat

67 attack

65 strength

63 defence

67 hitpoints

63 range

62 magic

51 prayer :oops:

Would I be able to last in the barrows?

you DEFINITELY would

Is there a certain kind of barrow monster you need to kill to get certain runes? I need to get more death runes than I am from these guys, I think I'm not killing the right monsters. I would love to know which monsters add which runes if that is how it works.

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

Is there a certain kind of barrow monster you need to kill to get certain runes? I need to get more death runes than I am from these guys, I think I'm not killing the right monsters. I would love to know which monsters add which runes if that is how it works.

I don't think it remembers what kind of monster you've killed. It remembers which six brothers you've killed and kill count.

Each brother drops something. The kill count number is part of the formula of that drop table. But I believe its completely random what the brothers will drop. They will drop one of the following:

100-2000 Coins

40ish bloods

80ish deaths

120ish choas

300ish minds

38ish bolt racks

And the good stuff

But its completely random. Bloodworms do NOT produce blood runes :)

I do seem to get more Deaths with a kill count of 20.

Good luck!

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Question - if I am under 70 atk/def/str, will I still get barrows drops?

In other words, will they drop for people who can't equip them?

Yes.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Here's an interesting question for you, leesters:

I'm planning on getting 90+ attack, 80 strength and 90 defense. However, I have absolutely NO prayer at all. It's level 1.

Do you think barrows would be something I could do once I get p2p?

Without any protection prayer, I'm guessing high mage and/or range would be needed.

Care to help me out?

I'm the ultimate prayer noob.

I'm planning on getting 90+ attack, 80 strength and 90 defense. However, I have absolutely NO prayer at all. It's level 1.

Without any protection prayer, I'm guessing high mage and/or range would be needed.

Care to help me out?

Sheeeesh. Barrows with NO prayer.. hmm.. You would need lots of food. And you would have to learn the safe spots and the side step spots or Verac and Dharok will kill you for sure. The ranger too.

Yeah, you could do it. You would have to be very disciplined, though. :)

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Care to help me out?

Sheeeesh. Barrows with NO prayer.. hmm.. You would need lots of food. And you would have to learn the safe spots and the side step spots or Verac and Dharok will kill you for sure. The ranger too.

Yeah, you could do it. You would have to be very disciplined, though. :)

Hope I won't get lag... :lol:

I'll let you know how it turns out, thanks for helping.

I'm the ultimate prayer noob.

Cool guide, got you to thank for getting me to try barrows and being a good few mil richer.

Well that and some pretty sweet luck (3 guthan helms, verac's flail and guthan's body in under 35 trips)

Thanks for the guide :) - should be on the main site I think.

I hate you

with the new update (the fact that the last brother appears when you open the chest instead of you having to open doors all the time to find the last brother) how does it work? If you open the chest and then the brother appears do you still get him into your kill count? or do you just kill him, but it doesn't count since you have already opened the chest. hmm could some1 tell me 8)

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

with the new update (the fact that the last brother appears when you open the chest instead of you having to open doors all the time to find the last brother) how does it work? If you open the chest and then the brother appears do you still get him into your kill count? or do you just kill him, but it doesn't count since you have already opened the chest. hmm could some1 tell me 8)

"instead of" should be changed to "in addition to". You can still get him at the doors, so be careful down there. :P

If you open the chest, he'll pop up... supposedly.... if its already open just wait for it to close. lol. (You have to open AND search, remember?)

If its open and you click on it, you'll get a search, you'll be done, and you'll have missed the 6th guy.

But remember, if you get a hard guy for the tunnels (Verac and Dharok) you can still get him at the ranging spots with the doors. :)

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

If you open the chest, he'll pop up... supposedly.... if its already open just wait for it to close. lol. (You have to open AND search, remember?)

What about closing it yourself?

Lol. Can you do that? Is there a "close" option?

Leesters.png

Leesters.png