LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and accualy jagex said in a pm that kill count does matter and killing the brothers does help, nice guide :lol:

Yeah, I saw that screenie of the response from Cust Support.

He asked an off the wall question, and the support guy said KC increases chances for a rare drop.

They've been wrong before, so lets ask again.

Someone send in a querry.."Does Kill Count increase odds of getting a rare item?"

Or..."Can you get a rare item from a high kill count alone?"

Those are the things we all would like to know. :D

You can't ask just once... You gotta ask a few of em, see what they all say. :)

Send in those queries. :!:

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

I guess this is the best way for me.

Full mystic

Rune plate and legs

Granite shield

Slayer staff

10 Prayer pots

Shovel

8 Swordies

I normaly can do 3 rounds with that supplies at 90 combat (73 magic)

I guess it was luck, i started barrows again last thrusday after i had died to Dharok using ancients with no pray....(i know thats dumb).....well i came back and cleaned up after myself and got my normal gp with chaos. 3 trips later i was in fally selling my Torag Plate :lol: . I assume it was luck, but i havent gotten anything in ...115 prayer pots i think (that many vials in my bank :)) But, But i was able to afford the pots because i had gotten i think 6-7k chaos and 300 bloods that i sold and invested in future trips. So i assume its just a draught for me. I'll be heading to bed soon and be up in 8hrs trying my luck again.

To get to my question, is it true that 6kc is as good as higher? I got my plate on 6kc, but i didnt know if my drought was caused by not doing more.

its a good guide, but this is what i do

grab everything i need, spade etc

go there with full prayer, kill melle brothers, then range, then mage all with prayer pots. get reward, come back out, kill melle brothers, then range then mage, all with prayer pots. get reward come out go general store, 200 prayer pots and 500 lobs can last 5 days and make a lot of cash. i figured its a lot easier just prayeing on all brothers, makes it a lot quicker, also verac doesnt hurt u wen u pray on him.

kill the 6 ppl with prayer! use lobs for the tunnel

99wcsigpk9.jpg

Started new account: flipflop v2

Ok, HOLD THE * * * * * * * * phone..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: can you say guthans helm on 2nd trip with ring of wealth? I almost * myself when i saw it....Wealth4Life

Edit: Just got another guthans helm (2hrs after first post)

Ring of Wealth hlped me a wholeeeeeeeeeeeee lot.

Barrows drops from past days:

Thursday: Torag plate from 30 prayer pots(4)

Friday: Nothing from 50(4) prayer pots

With Ring of wealth:

Saturday: Guthan Helmx2 from 80 prayer pots(4) (within 3 trips of each other on same server :))

Sunday: Ahrim Bottom and Verac Flail from only 50 prayer pots(4)

According to 3 different Jagex mods, they all say that the Ring of Wealth does not affect the chest at the Barrows.

Also, they've hinted that kill count DOES improve chances of getting an item from the chest.

Why is kill count there, anyway? Hmm...

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

hmm....got all my armour on 6kc, and from my before topic, most were with my ring of wealth....i just dont know.

Hey, I hear ya... whatever works... Mods have been wrong before, I usually wear mine, too.

Just thought I had to mention that as people read the ROW posts. Lots of ppl think it helps, mods say they don't, now you're on your own. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Leesters, I was the guy that said "Leesters RS2 Mayor :p", see you alot when u are at barrows.

Update: (with wealth)

Monday: Nothing because i was getting 70 def to show off my armour...

Tuesday: Veracs brassard...

I think its all basically luck, but i like my 6 kc luck :)

Leesters, I was the guy that said "Leesters RS2 Mayor :p", see you alot when u are at barrows.

Update: (with wealth)

Monday: Nothing because i was getting 70 def to show off my armour...

Tuesday: Veracs brassard...

I think its all basically luck, but i like my 6 kc luck :)

Lol. Its kinda weird going down there on a busy server. Thats not even the weirdest thing ppl shout at me. Pretty close, though. lol. Player Mayors is a cool idea. :P

On the six kill count, do yourself a favor. Try a set of runs with upping that to 10. Tell me if you don't see a huge difference in rune/bolt rack drops vs gp drops. If you give this a serious look (at least 10 trips to chest) you'll thank me later. :)

Buying Jesus Crackers!

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Ok, last friday without my wealth i was doing kc 10+ but without having the shades of morton quest done i was very limited in how many times i could go. I do have 300+ bolt racks in my bank (FOR SALE) from that day, and atleast 400-500 bloods that i had sold. There is a major advantage in the rune/bolt rack catagorie with getting 10+, but causes me to do slower runs. I think i only have like 20 pots on me atm, so i should be able to do 8-9 runs with 10kc and i will try it out tonight.

(will post how it affects if i get a chance)

Ok, last friday without my wealth i was doing kc 10+ but without having the shades of morton quest done i was very limited in how many times i could go. I do have 300+ bolt racks in my bank (FOR SALE) from that day, and atleast 400-500 bloods that i had sold. There is a major advantage in the rune/bolt rack catagorie with getting 10+, but causes me to do slower runs. I think i only have like 20 pots on me atm, so i should be able to do 8-9 runs with 10kc and i will try it out tonight.

(will post how it affects if i get a chance)

Oh, so you have already seen the difference, and you prefer the speed runs. Hey, thats cool. Whatever works. Remind me not to race you down there. lol.

Good luck, and may your next drop be Guthans.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Nice guide Leesters. I personally use the "Pray for all" method, and so far i've got 10.3 mil in drops (Guthans Spear and Helm).

I'm willing to do some research, so if theres anything you need, stats and stuff, let me know. RSN: Roglord

I got out early, so im gonna re-stock on items and do runs and will try to post them here.

63 (4) prayer pots

1600 deaths

6400 mind

Lees, I will do 10 kc and update after each one.

5 trips with 10 kc

1456 deaths

45 prayer pots

6681 minds

83 bloods

36 bolt racks

262 chaos

4 trips with 6kc

1389 death

39 prayer pots

6978 mind

83 bloods

36 bolt racks

633 chaos

(Torags plate...)

I think i like my 6kc (2nd torags plate btw)

Gaaah!

Getting Ring of Lifed by Karil earlier made me mad, so I basically Barrowed all day with no drops :(

Anyway, this time I decided to try a big kill count. I got 76, and then opened the chest.....

Bugger..

258 Chaos (Metal drags look out)

83 Bloods

38 Bolt Racks

620 GP.

Mental Note.... kill count sucks.

Nice guide Leesters. I personally use the "Pray for all" method, and so far i've got 10.3 mil in drops (Guthans Spear and Helm).

I'm willing to do some research, so if theres anything you need, stats and stuff, let me know. RSN: Roglord

Gaaah!

Getting Ring of Lifed by Karil earlier made me mad, so I basically Barrowed all day with no drops

Anyway, this time I decided to try a big kill count. I got 76, and then opened the chest.....

Bugger..

83 Bloods

38 Bolt Racks

620 GP.

Hehehe.

Post 1 says you'll offer research.

Post 2 curses kill count.

Guess what we need research on? :lol:

The only thing we need to know is how the kill count affects the chest drops. So we could compare LOTS of chest data with high KC and compare it with what I have compiled over 500 trips to chest with KC 10-20.

No one wants to do it. I completely understand, I surely don't.

Your drops are normal.

Blood drop is normally 40ish.

Bolt rack drop is normally 38ish

Choas drop is normally 120ish

Death drop is normally 80ish

So, you only got one GP drop out of six brothers.

Its my theory (for now) that higher KC increases your chance of getting a better drop than coins.

We have seen that 6 KC gets more gp drops from the brothers than 10-20 KC. The higher kill count gets us more rune/bolt rack drops.

Last time I glanced at it, the GP drop was about 35% of the drops with a 10-20 KC.

Would be nice to have some big numbers to see how that compares with different KC's.

They put that kill count for a reason. We've all done fine without knowing, but I've been curious ever since the beginning. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Gaaah!

Getting Ring of Lifed by Karil earlier made me mad, so I basically Barrowed all day with no drops

Bugger..

83 Bloods

38 Bolt Racks

620 GP.

Hehehe.

Post 1 says you'll offer research.

Post 2 curses kill count.

Guess what we need research on? :lol:

The only thing we need to know is how the kill count affects the chest drops. So we could compare LOTS of chest data with high KC and compare it with what I have compiled over 500 trips to chest with KC 10-20.

No one wants to do it. I completely understand, I surely don't.

Your drops are normal.

Blood drop is normally 40ish.

Bolt rack drop is normally 38ish

Choas drop is normally 120ish

Death drop is normally 80ish

So, you only got one GP drop out of six brothers.

Its my theory (for now) that higher KC increases your chance of getting a better drop than coins.

We have seen that 6 KC gets more gp drops from the brothers than 10-20 KC. The higher kill count gets us more rune/bolt rack drops.

Last time I glanced at it, the GP drop was about 35% of the drops with a 10-20 KC.

Would be nice to have some big numbers to see how that compares with different KC's.

They put that kill count for a reason. We've all done fine without knowing, but I've been curious ever since the beginning. :P

*blink* Hey Leesters! Why don't you just ask them??

Lets send in the querries..."How does the kill count affect the chest drops" Ask the question directly like that, and lets send a few of them from different players.

For everyone that posts a screenie from RS support answering that question, I'll give 1k choas runes.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png