LEESTERS BARROWS GUIDE - edit 12 Jul 2006 (AOW discussion)

Leesters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 ) "Ghosts Ahoy" is required if you aren't using pray pots. You have to make many trips to the chest to be successful. And you won't be able to make that many if you're walking back from Varrock. Ghosts Ahoy gives you a tele device close to Cannifis, or "Barrows Bank"

Not true. Using ancient magiks you can teleport to canafis bank can't you.

I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare call me drunk if i was sober!

8 ) "Ghosts Ahoy" is required if you aren't using pray pots. You have to make many trips to the chest to be successful. And you won't be able to make that many if you're walking back from Varrock. Ghosts Ahoy gives you a tele device close to Cannifis, or "Barrows Bank"

Not true. Using ancient magiks you can teleport to canafis bank can't you.

Yes. The green ecto vial you get from Ghosts ahoy is farther away, out by the farming patches. Without ancient magick, its closer than walking from Varrock.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

If you can't use slayer dart or ancient magicks, do what I do.

Take about 150 deaths and a staff of air. Use Wind Blast to kill the brothers except for Ahrim. Ahrim I range with rapid attack style and addy arrows.

All of them for me require at least 1-2 doses of prayer pot.

1 dose is 85% of the time, 2 dose 15% of the time.

As for the last brother, find him in the tunnels THEN use a prayer pot dose and turn on the appropriate protection skill. then go back and use your prayer pots to fully restore your prayer.

i spent all my cash on barrows supplies and havnt gotten anything since tuesday now i'm completly broke :x

Thats why you need to follow the no-cost routine. You follow the guide, and you'll only have to provide food.

Why you guys insist on spending money down here? Hehe.

Take your time, so you can do it many times.

Kill dharok and Karil on prayer (no pray pots, just recharged)

Mage Guthan and Torag with melee defense

Range outfit against Ahrim

Chicken out on Verac and get him behind a rock downstairs.

If you wanna chicken out on all the melee brothers to save food, go ahead. Get ready for a high kill count and a long stay and use an empty server.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

Great guide...but the term is Ancient Magicks, not Antique Magics...mentioned many times but you might want to change that.

Also, get some pictures of the safe spots in the tunnels.

But overall great guide!

RSN: Jettrider

jettridergg2.png

hunter13371337expdx2.png

barrows is fun!!! and i got a really good idea how to do it with ancient magicks.. :D im just gonna post...u may copy if u want.

if ur gonna do barrows with help of ancient magicks u should use ice burst. (im using that one to safe death runes)when ur using ice rush ur gonna meet a lots of 0's and not many "high attacked hits" but when u use ice burst u can kill them kinda fast! but thats also gonan cost u some chaos and water runes. and always take a kharyll teleport with u...just in case and also if u got a good mage bonus u can maybe freeze the brothers..but thats pretty hard as theyre gonna move kinda fast to u again!

i hope that can help u guys...

barrows is fun... they just cost kinda a lot of prayer pots when ur low lvl player :cry:

Join my MB Pk Team. Its called Short Operation, drop by at #sojoin for more information, and reqs ar e105+ with 82 mage...

3 things:

I have been reading your posts and have enjoyed them alot especially the diary about loosing the dragon chain and stuff. It just made me go :shock: !

Im guessing but lemme know do you loose stuff in barrows?

Finally what levels in combat range and mage would you sugest for me...

I am 68 combat

48 mage

and umm.. uhh..9 :oops:

dragonmansiglq0.png

3 things:

I have been reading your posts and have enjoyed them alot especially the diary about loosing the dragon chain and stuff. It just made me go :shock: !

I am 68 combat

48 mage

i might get over rulled on this but with no blocking id say you need around 90+ combat and magic needs to be higher too, and if your range is only 9 you might as well skip the mage cuz youd get owned unless you used mass prey pots

just my 2 cents

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

3 things:

I am 68 combat

48 mage

i might get over rulled on this but with no blocking id say you need around 90+ combat and magic needs to be higher too, and if your range is only 9 you might as well skip the mage cuz youd get owned unless you used mass prey pots

just my 2 cents

LK1

It is perfectly doable when combat is in the low 80s, although it'll just be more dangerous. As long as you have enough health to take a few hits (especially enough to survive Dharok's 58), you'll be fine providing you can kill them fast enough, in which case 60 magic/60 range would be recommended.

3 things:

I am 68 combat

48 mage

Yes, if you die, you lose your stuff.

With pray pots you can do it. At your level, one mistake will kill you. :P

Do you have 43 prayer?

I'm guessing no, so without protection prayers, these mounds will wait for you, Grasshopper. :P

My two cents also says you need to wait. But if you give a try, we'd love to hear a 68 vs Barrows story. :)

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

ahem u said do it 100 times and i will get rich garenteed...at 90 trips thwere 90 chests opened i have gotten no drop what so ever i always kill 6 bros whats the prob with runescape does it hate me?

You're just very very very unlucky. For most people, after about 50~100 runs would have probably gotten at least 1 barrow drop.

The tunnel goes from canifis bars to the hollows in morytania swamp. You then take the boat down to Mor'ton, and take a short walk from there to the barrows. This way you save time and energy because the other route would be to go through the swamps and risk the ghasts rotting your food.

Nice guide! I've used to to do around 50 runs with no pots. I haven't gotten a drop though. Oh and I noticed two mistkae sin yoru guide, 1 is you need 59 hp to not get 1 hit by dharok, and its ancient magicks, not antique. Pretty minor but maybe worth mentioning. Another thing i liek to do is bring a prayer pot just incase I get karil as tunnel, (liek I have past 4 runs :cry: )

Lagatag.png

Nice guide! I've used to to do around 50 runs with no pots. I haven't gotten a drop though. Oh and I noticed two mistkae sin yoru guide, 1 is you need 59 hp to not get 1 hit by dharok, and its ancient magicks, not antique. Pretty minor but maybe worth mentioning. Another thing i liek to do is bring a prayer pot just incase I get karil as tunnel, (liek I have past 4 runs :cry: )

I think I'll always call them ancient magick. I don't know whats up with that. lol. They misnamed 'em! Bug report! :D

Yeah, I'd be bummed if someone told me they died with a 58 from Dharok when my guide told them it was enough. Eek. Thanks. I hope ppl aren't trying him without prayer or a safe spot. Even with the sidestep, one lag can kill ya.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

I actually did barrows 5 times with my multi cannon and got guthan's warspear (no joke) but sold for 500k.... i can't believe i did it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge