Maging abyssal demons Q's

sumondskull6

I was thinking about maging them for 99 mage, but I want to gear up properly. I will be using fire wave, a bunyip to heal, and either SGS specs or EE specs to heal.

My current setup is as follows:

Ahrim's hood

Ahrim's robetop

Ahrim's robebotom

Mystic lava staff

Blessed spirit shield

Barrows gloves

Infinity boots

God cloak

Amulet of Fury

Onyx ring (i)

That setup gives me the following bonuses:

Stab defense +189

Slash defense +172

Crush defense +224

Mage attack +105

For more defense bonus I could switch out the Ahrim's hood and God Cloak for a Neitiznot and trimmed Skillcape (or fire cape.) That would give me:

Stab defense +213 (215)

Slash defense +196 (198)

Crush defense +249 (251)

Mage attack + 89 (90)

(###) indicates bonuses with a fire cape.

I'm not sure if that's the best setup, but that's what I've got so far. All CC is welcome, I need all the help I can get. ::'

Sumondskull6.png

I've never tried killing abyssal demons with magic, but I do know that people usually have too much defense.

Since your going to kill them with magic, a pretty expensive option, I would say try to get the best magic attack bonuses you can, and don't worry about your defensive bonuses.

I say that because with a SGS, which I have, I rarely have to heal, and with little more I have left to heal, a bunyip will take care of nicely.

Anyways, good luck, and I hope you get whips so pay for the runes.

S2buxtG.png

I've never tried killing abyssal demons with magic, but I do know that people usually have too much defense.

Since your going to kill them with magic, a pretty expensive option, I would say try to get the best magic attack bonuses you can, and don't worry about your defensive bonuses.

I say that because with a SGS, which I have, I rarely have to heal, and with little more I have left to heal, a bunyip will take care of nicely.

Anyways, good luck, and I hope you get whips so pay for the runes.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as far as healing, I just wasn't sure. I know that my friend always profits because 10k casts costs him 2m or so, but with the increase of blood price I think it's over 3.5k, and he gets at lest one whip drop in that time. I don't care much about profiting, I'm just there for the exp.

And thanks :)

Sumondskull6.png

Farseer helm is better (or equal, I forgot) magic attack than Ahrim's hood, so the hood is pointless because you have to repair it too.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?i ... it=Compare

It has better defence, plus barrows cost like nothing to repair, it works out at about 4k per hour. It also wont give negative slash when using SGS

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

there are almost certainly safespots in the ALR realm, and probably some in the slayer tower, which would eliminate the need for SGS/Bunyip. However I've never safespotted abbies before so I don't know how they'd behave in terms of teleporting around - try it out - but if you can find safespots, use them as it will save you cash in bunyip pouches etc.

there are almost certainly safespots in the ALR realm, and probably some in the slayer tower, which would eliminate the need for SGS/Bunyip. However I've never safespotted abbies before so I don't know how they'd behave in terms of teleporting around - try it out - but if you can find safespots, use them as it will save you cash in bunyip pouches etc.

They would teleport straight to you.

2Xeo5.png

Farseer helm is better (or equal, I forgot) magic attack than Ahrim's hood, so the hood is pointless because you have to repair it too.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?i ... it=Compare

It has better defence, plus barrows cost like nothing to repair, it works out at about 4k per hour. It also wont give negative slash when using SGS

What king said, It gives more defense bonus, the cost to repair is to small to matter in the slightest, and I don't loose accuracy using sgs spec's.

Sumondskull6.png

Aren't demons weak to mage?

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

Usally, but I'm not sure about Abyssal ones.

Yes, and so are abyssals.

Abyssal Demons are similar to rex and barrows brothers in that you are able to tank mage them in melee gear. You don't need much defence though really, maybe a verac helm and dragonfire shield and bunyips should be good enough. I'd recommend changing the ring to a wealth though. :P

Maybe claws of guthix would be the better spell to use but it'd be more expensive.

imagangster.png

Usally, but I'm not sure about Abyssal ones.

Yes, and so are abyssals.

Abyssal Demons are similar to rex and barrows brothers in that you are able to tank mage them in melee gear. You don't need much defence though really, maybe a verac helm and dragonfire shield and bunyips should be good enough. I'd recommend changing the ring to a wealth though. :P

Maybe claws of guthix would be the better spell to use but it'd be more expensive.

Why would I ever use a ring of wealth? It doesn't work on abyssals. I'm using mage gear because I want to miss less. Yes I will still hit a lot using rune/bandos, but I'd hit even more with mage gear.

Sumondskull6.png

Be the pioneer. Try it out and let us know your results. Sometimes I wish more people would do that instead of waiting around for someone to confirm it's efficient.

(never hurts to ask, in case it has been tried out and failed miserably)

w4M8t.png

There is always the option of using Void Mage, Master Wand/Lava Staff/Slayer Staff, Fire Cape, Infinity Boots, Fury, Unholy/Mages Book and Slayer Dart/Fire Wave/Iban Blast. Those are of the 3 best spells i know (when it comes to price vs. efficiency). This will offer you a decent defence aswell as a decent attack. Ive used this particular setup on Rock Lobsters (Changing the Slayer Dart to Ice Burst) and i did it with much success. I have also tanked with that outfit at Aviansies, Ankou, Greater Demons and Black Demons. I only ever had trouble with the Black Demons, but even with a good Melee Setup they can give you hell if you try and tank. Void Mage really isn't as useless as everyone makes it out.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I've spent a lot of time slaying abyssal demons and I have to tell you that hardly anyone mages them. Less than 1% of the people there use mage. In fact, I've only really seen 1 player use mage there in all the years that I've played. I don't know why but people have always meleed on them. For sure there is a very good reason why mage isn't used on abyssal more often. I've never tried maging them so I can't offer any explanation.

If you're doing this to train mage, you might as well just train on the rock lobs on waterbirth and stock up on those crimson charms.

Good luck.

aglipoy.png