Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

Earth to space fighters? How the hell does that work? The amount of fuel required to break the atmosphere wouldn't fit in a small fighter.

But a combination of innertial dampeners and the use of other thrusters than rocket could do that very easily with little fuel usage.

Innertial dampener could be a gyroskope used in combination with magnetic devices which would be partially integrated into the fighters main system making the dampener itself the size of a normal "black box".

Other possible thrusters are for example EM-thrusters like I use(I researched them while making Atlantis).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Well, whatever then.

I might need more ships.

12 Cataclysm ships dispatched to Earth, as well as 5 more Rhadamanthus ships and 10 more carriers, bringing a total of 15 million more Icarus drones to Earth.

This is Srs Business.

2Xeo5.png

The Russian Army was under my control, so I'm not exactly sure how you managed to gain control of it...

It wasn't under your control Walka said definatively:

the military has been unable to mobilies and defend itself, leaving it open to invasion by any who feel so inclined.

Thus me taking control of a section of it was made possible by having a popular support basis, which I am allowed to do under Changes 3rd of November (which no one objected to), which led to legitimacy in the civilian world because they appealed to the patriotic cause which lead to the army being swept into its being, which then followed as a military coup detat, and thus allowed Sere to take control of that whole thing by an Oath of Fealty.

Any questions?

And, 'I attacked a power which had been invited in'? What does that mean? Me attacking Britain? We were already at war.

Still you attacked another power.

Shouting matches aside...I think that fighting a war needs to be done by a set of rules which we all agree to...So Armour/Speed(to Dodge) stats and Weapon Stats and so on and so forth. I shall work on a system if no one has a problem with that, since I have no vested interest except a smoothish transition of power and a stable balance of power afterwards.

Like I said, Walka seems to have forgotten that he gave me control of the Russian military before all of this, so it's really a moot point you're bringing up.

Also, how exactly did you gain control of all of Russia (including the support of all its people) and then somehow convince the Russian citizens to swear the oath of fealty to an enemy country. Doesn't really make sense to me, don't you agree?

Russia is under my control. This isn't really debatable. There's no point that anyone can really bring up that would make any sense for why Russia would join anyone but the Terran Federation, their closest ally, trade partner, culture, etc.

Russia is under my control. This isn't really debatable.

Sigh, if that was the case then Walka would have said that.

I mean we could say that the American forces stationed(in the real world) in Europe are under European Control if they lose contact with Washington for some reason, but we all know that if the President of the USA was blown up along with Congress and the Pentagon and whatever else, this paper promise doesn't mean anything...

I will admit that you might have more sway over troops than anyone else, except of course for the Russian Generals, which basically decided to make a power play... This is a roleplay for god sakes, its not 'Agree to give me all your stuff'....Just because someone is leaving doesn't mean that their empire immediately passes to their neighbour... especially when they said that that didn't happen...

so it's really a moot point you're bringing up.

See above, it moots your point because your point is unrealistic. 'The army, which was in complete disarray instantly followed the Terran Federation and all the panic and such that had existed was suddenly removed and there was sunshine and roses'

Sigh...

There's no point that anyone can really bring up that would make any sense for why Russia would join anyone but the Terran Federation, their closest ally, trade partner, culture, etc.

Yup, except that you are a democracy and a democracy would not mean a dictatorship for the army that handed a nation over... Therefore your point is null and void.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Sigh, if that was the case then Walka would have said that.

No, it was so Sere (as is easily to predict what he would do) would move his troops away from Britain into Russia (which he did), leaving it open to attack.

I mean we could say that the American forces stationed(in the real world) in Europe are under European Control if they lose contact with Washington for some reason, but we all know that if the President of the USA was blown up along with Congress and the Pentagon and whatever else, this paper promise doesn't mean anything...

I will admit that you might have more sway over troops than anyone else, except of course for the Russian Generals, which basically decided to make a power play... This is a roleplay for god sakes, its not 'Agree to give me all your stuff'....Just because someone is leaving doesn't mean that their empire immediately passes to their neighbour... especially when they said that that didn't happen...

Ha! That's exactly what has happened nearly every single time someone quits. But now that it's me getting the land, oh dear, we must stop evil Dusty!

See above, it moots your point because your point is unrealistic. 'The army, which was in complete disarray instantly followed the Terran Federation and all the panic and such that had existed was suddenly removed and there was sunshine and roses'

'The army, which already had a chain of command in place that traced back to the Terran Federation, stayed together since it's officers knew who to report to for orders, and the chain of command remained unbroken, even through the disarray that inevitably followed the transfer of power.' And there was war and bloodshed. Yadayadayada.

Yup, except that you are a democracy and a democracy would not mean a dictatorship for the army that handed a nation over... Therefore your point is null and void.

That sentence doesn't even make sense.

I still don't understand how you think a bunch of pacifists could manage to gain control of one of the most militaristic militarys in the world.

No, it was so Sere (as is easily to predict what he would do) would move his troops away from Britain into Russia (which he did), leaving it open to attack.

Then things went very badly awry.

Ha! That's exactly what has happened nearly every single time someone quits. But now that it's me getting the land, oh dear, we must stop evil Dusty!

This isn't about you, this is about stuff that happened when you were not around....By someone who frankly doesn't care what happened before because at the moment things are going this way. Its like saying 'Germany won all its battles before 1942, so it was always going to win battles' It is narrow and unrealistic.

'The army, which already had a chain of command in place that traced back to the Terran Federation, stayed together since it's officers knew who to report to for orders, and the chain of command remained unbroken, even through the disarray that inevitably followed the transfer of power.' And there was war and bloodshed. Yadayadayada.

Fair enough, then the Field Marshal broke those orders and declared himself dictator. You can have a few armies in the heartland of Russia.

That sentence doesn't even make sense.

Ok... You are a Democracy. Britannia is, as far as I can see, Monarchical. A democracy would take the public will into consideration. A Monarchy would take whoever had power's will into consideration. Therefore the Field Marshall gets a MUCH better sell under joining Britannia than he does under joining Terra.

I will take the Erikio system on the Receis Decimus system.. because it is close to Earth. :)

Dear Leader of the Free Worlds,

You strike a hard bargain, the Queen supports those who drive hard bargains. However, the Queen, reigning for thousands of years, is no fool. Though we are in a position of weakness at the moment, our support is an asset which could be used to anyone's advantage... as well as our own. Our lack of currency is compounded by the fact that we have no idea what a gold standard is. However, if you'd agree to it, we shall trade our deep chemical drilling technology for your 15 warp enabled transports and a supply of your water fruit product.

Signed,

The Magistrate of Commerce

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Then things went very badly awry.

No, it went fine. The problem is just that everyone seems to have unlimited money, food, soldiers, whatever to throw around.

This isn't about you, this is about stuff that happened when you were not around....By someone who frankly doesn't care what happened before because at the moment things are going this way. Its like saying 'Germany won all its battles before 1942, so it was always going to win battles' It is narrow and unrealistic.

Well, that's the way we've been doing things.

Fair enough, then the Field Marshal broke those orders and declared himself dictator. You can have a few armies in the heartland of Russia.

They'll be mopped up soon enough.

Ok... You are a Democracy. Britannia is, as far as I can see, Monarchical. A democracy would take the public will into consideration. A Monarchy would take whoever had power's will into consideration. Therefore the Field Marshall gets a MUCH better sell under joining Britannia than he does under joining Terra.

Who is this magical Field Marshall that can decide the fate of an entire country, and who for some reason owes his allegiance to a bunch of pacifists despite being a military general???

+ The Britannian Empire doesn't really have all that much to offer. It's military might is a lot smaller than the Federation's, it just has more allies. And, the citizens and soldiers wouldn't get access to the plethora of genetic and biological enhancements that the Federation has, so, idk, it's a pretty even race for the two, even without factoring in the geographical, cultural, and political factors, which all lean heavily towards me.

Dusty, I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to have somebody say that a country is free for the taking as a distraction, invade the person who takes it then declare that the country was yours all along.

Sorry, should I have stuck in the box? Didn't realize we were in the habit of penalizing people for doing stuff we hadn't thought of before.

No, that was never said. Troops were moved from the Asian continent, not from Britain.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Quick question: Since my race is aquatic, can I claim oceans on Earth? :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

No, that was never said. Troops were moved from the Asian continent, not from Britain.

Right, so he thought he could take over Russia with a handful of troops? Hm, I doubt that. Either way, it seems that Sere didn't expect an attack of Britain at all, so I have a huge advantage there, whenever he gets around to acknowledging that I did in fact invade him.

Also, Retech, why is it that your only posts on Tipit are on this thread? No offense and all, but that's a little suspect.

We all expected an attack from you at any time, so that point is null.

One of the Ares prototypes has been ordered to follow the previously dispatched fleet, and they are towing around 150 Helios orbs to be scattered around Earth

2Xeo5.png

For the Attention of The Magistrate of Commerce

We apologize for not explaining ourselves. The Gold Standard is a unit of currency, which is equal to all other units of currency(by some strange rule). We ourselves are new to the universe and we need to form good relations and so we will accept your deal, on the understanding that only ten warp capable transports are sold. We shall also provide you with five Giga Tonnes of Water fruit(which is non-wheat) as a show of good faith. If you do so enjoy them then we shall be happy to send you more at very low rates, at least until you can afford the full rate.

We look forward to a long and productive relationship.

Ernest Winthrope, Leader of the System of Free Worlds and Anti-War League.

For the Leader of the System of Free Worlds,

A productive exchange will be beneficial for both of us. We accept. However, please address further messages to the Queen. I am simply writing for her.

On a further note, since you are part of the "Anti War League", does that mean that you object to any invasion plans we might have in mind? :)

Signed,

The Magistrate of Commerce

Okay, Dusty, how about rather than trying to argue your point, you read the thread first.

To back up Dungeonal's post, the Britannian Empire is also going to take New Zealand, as well as Russia's Antarctic territory.

Is Sere's ONLY post about moving the military away from it's fortifications, as he is saying backing up MY post, then we are safe to assume the soldiers are moving from the Asian peninsula.

whenever he gets around to acknowledging that I did in fact invade him.

Fact is, you still need to fight through the Navy in the English channel/surrounding waters.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Also, how many troops can the Warp Transport carry?

In other news...

Our scientists have detected a powerful amount of energy coming from the Sega-Res star system. It has been theorised that the energy is coming off of a very, very pissed off individual. Simply astounding!

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

No, it went fine. The problem is just that everyone seems to have unlimited money, food, soldiers, whatever to throw around.

Not really, I am sure the Russian people are being fed by Britannia...either that or getting forced to work by the army...one or the other. Besides it seems that everyone has unlimited money, food and soldiers anyway....

Well, that's the way we've been doing things.

Said the British Envoy to The American Colony in 1775

They'll be mopped up soon enough.

Good then we agree Russian Troops loyal to Terran Federation have been mopped up.

Who is this magical Field Marshall that can decide the fate of an entire country, and who for some reason owes his allegiance to a bunch of pacifists despite being a military general???

+ The Britannian Empire doesn't really have all that much to offer. It's military might is a lot smaller than the Federation's, it just has more allies. And, the citizens and soldiers wouldn't get access to the plethora of genetic and biological enhancements that the Federation has, so, idk, it's a pretty even race for the two, even without factoring in the geographical, cultural, and political factors, which all lean heavily towards me.

Thats like saying who is Lenin in 1919.

Geographically there is a long exposed boarder with Britannia and Britannia controlled territory. With Terran there are the Urals and the fact that since they are 'such good friends' you would not have stationed troops on that boarder in any massive amount. Therefore you would be slower to react.

Sorry, should I have stuck in the box? Didn't realize we were in the habit of penalizing people for doing stuff we hadn't thought of before.

So you didn't think of something at the time which you later relied on... That is self defeating. Like saying 'Yeah I put a bomb in the car, yeah I know I didn't do it at the time but I hadn't thought of it, now that I have I did.'

I give up, this game is pointless to play. Hopefully the Kingdom thread will be better, and we won't have some super-mega whiny alliance that can't see reason at all.

To prevent the inevitable grab for my lands that Sere will put forth, every single part of the Federation (including Russia) will go to Indy.

Dear Humans of Earth,

The Humans of Earth, a warlike and fractious people... much like the Lichtes before my triumphant victory over the rebels... We do not wish harm, but we will soon be present in most of your oceans.

Good day

No, you must stay! You might need to find a crafty way of attacking Britannia though. :)

Isn't the holder of this thread the war judge?

Queen of the Lichtes

We apologize again for our diplomatic mistake.

We are against War in all forms, but we recognize that you are a sovereign nation and so will not attempt to stop you.

Our transports can carry 150,000 people each.

Ernest Winthrope, Leader of the System of Free Worlds and Anti-War League.

To Dusty,

I've been in Tip.it for quite a while; I've read the Tip.it times for at least 2 years running. I just didn't feel like joining Tip.it until I saw this fun game. :)

Also, I am sending 2 transports each to Capiah 1 and Capiah 2. The following provisions are on board for each planet:

100k soldiers

50k settlers

100 tons of sea kelp

1 ton of kelp starter kits

Various technologies

The transport shall take approximately 1 day.