Tip.it Times: 2 August 2009

Mirror

Sure these forgotten "updates" are useful. But they're not really "updates" at all- just patch notes. Last year, this year's front page material would never make it beyond the RSOF- overall, they're just insignificant. Furthermore, things like Random Removal were promised halfway through LAST year and didn't resurface until THIS year.

The first article just reiterated an old fact: MMORPGs get easier as time progresses. At least, in terms of leveling. Although I find it ironic that it referred to a level 78 slayer monster as "high-leveled" when most scapers consider eighties and beyond as high leveled. Stop using Jagex's standards!

Though, the DYK was very good this week.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Most scapers? How could you possibly know what most scapers consider a high level? Only 10% of all members (around there) have 75+ slayer. based on the assumption that there are at least 1 million members. 10% of 1 million is 100k, and the person with 100k rank on slayer has 75 slayer. Something that requires a level that 90% of RS players do not have (not including free players for this either) means it is logically a high level update.

Also, 78 slayer is not that far from 80.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Most scapers? How could you possibly know what most scapers consider a high level? Only 10% of all members (around there) have 75+ slayer. based on the assumption that there are at least 1 million members. 10% of 1 million is 100k, and the person with 100k rank on slayer has 75 slayer. Something that requires a level that 90% of RS players do not have (not including free players for this either) means it is logically a high level update.

Also, 78 slayer is not that far from 80.

There was a poll, done by Jagex, on what most Runescape players thought was high leveled. I'm just too lazy to find it.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

There was a poll, done by Jagex, on what most Runescape players thought was high leveled. I'm just too lazy to find it.

I'm not.

What would you consider to be a high level in Slayer?

70-80 26% (25411 votes)

60-70 24% (23894 votes)

80-90 17% (17094 votes)

50-60 16% (15672 votes)

40-50 8% (8210 votes)

90-99 7% (6938 votes)

Under 40 2% (1646 votes)

http://poll.runescape.com/c=H5i*3iojoFM/results.ws?id=177

Looks like half the votes fell between 60-80 slayer. 78 falls right in this range as high level as far as players are concerned.

rssig2.png

yea i agree ive played for a very long time...my acoutn was created around 2002 febuary and it is most definitly easyer to play....

but i cant agree whole heartedly though...take fletching for example string x made it part time afk able mabye to read 1 or 2 posts at a time on forums...but it slowed down xp from stringing about50% before the update i could string around 3600bows max an hour....fast clicking and concentration i assure u..no what 1800..2k? max slowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down

as well as herblore and some other "x" skillz........

yes u got sc equipment now but it doesn take time getting those as well and in reality the time spent getting them u could have earned the same or more xp (for more money of course)

but it has to become faster leveling as year progress and more skills are added or it would be to hard to train all the skillz....and get up into quests or end game material...

if you look at wow they PLEAD fast xp as the game doesnt truly get fun until endgame which is not until the last 8 level 70-80 range

in rs some of the best money making methods are gwd high leveld bosses for high leveld players (aka end game)

as more and more high level stuff is released we will need a higher population of high level players to contribute towards the events/tasks

thus some things must be sped up...as for a increase in max level idk if we r there yet other than mabye hp.....but even hp is doable at this point...

James_scholl.gif

Eh, I prefer to think of the game as nearing mid-late life cycle, and that the ride, while bumpy but perhaps fun of some sort, is gearing down as the game nears some sort of climax. But that's not close yet....relatively speaking.

In the meanwhile I think for the most part it's time to take a rest if you're searching for new content, and perhaps round out areas that you may be lacking in with the existing activities. There's so much content that if you've truly played everything in the game, I would have expected you to be somewhat tired of the whole thing.

8f14270694.jpg

you still have to realize that these new items that supposedly make things "easier" come with a huge price tag, as with many rs items...

i personally think that the amulet is hugely overpriced at its current 3m -- while this may change, we wont be seeing many 'average' rangers wearing it for some time

.: every beginning must have an end :.

zymase

.: ~viper~ for life :.

designed for higher-level slayers

You call 79 slay high?

I do call lvl 78 slay high

i do call it mediocre.

and a level nobody was asking for.

There is a lvl 75, 80, 83, 85 and now a 78........yet from lvl 90 to lvl 99 (about 60% of total xp) there is still nothing