Tip.it Times: 2 August 2009

Mirror

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

Enjoy the articles!

P.S. Also if you notice any kind of grammar/spelling mistakes, please PM me instead of posting on here. Thanks!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

good reading, just a small spell check, its spelled Aquanite.

Mod edit: Thanks! Got it. ~Mirror~

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

The forgotten updates was a good read. I think I find myself overlooking small updates, but I've realized how useful some of them have been.

That being said, I can't wait for upgrade year to be done. I hope next year is "high level content year" :thumbup:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

the forgotten updates i found to be horribly one sided. they failed to mention how much that jagex has done in former years compared to this year. They failed to mention the numerous weeks without updates(there were onl 2 last year and that was for summoning and hd). They also failed to mention the numerous bugs and poor quality of most updates(one time they even broke half of runescape, monster didn't attack etc. etc.) This year has not been what you hype it up to be.

Y_Z.png

hehe stormveritas's article quite good imo... but that may just be me being biased as i helped him with the idea... was on his deadline to get it submited and needed an idea... so i gave him like 10 to write about... and THATS why its nice to be... in TDM... hehe that was a parady of the gene simons line "and thats why its nice to be... me"

dj_phox.png

Easier? Really?: I agree with the article's sentiments. To quote Novalyfe in an interview in 2006:

Tip.It: You've achieved these levels much faster than anybody else in the game. Many RSC players say RS2 is far easier. Do you receive much criticism for the speed in which you've achieved your rank? If so what do you think of this criticism?

N0valyfe: I think the criticism stems from the fact that it IS easier to level up faster, but the mistake is letting that go to their heads. Remember, this game changes constantly, and part of playing RuneScape is to keep up with this change.

The game isn't static. It's been constantly evolving, and that plays a huge role in keeping a loyal fanbase interested. However, there are some valid points in reference to combat. With the strength of weapons today, and only needing a level 75 to wield, are we hitting the ceiling with 99 hp? We could expand the variety of weapons outward even further, but how far can we keep going up?

Another point that can be made, and this sort of ties into the next article is this: Did we really need a whole year off to upgrade the game? The fun, new content has slowed down dramatically this year, which is what has kept my interest over the years.

Forgotten Updates: To answer the final question posed in this article, it all really depends. Vinesweeper and Sorceress's Garden, for example, are updates that I'm sure many have forgotten, but I certainly would classify them as "better" than others, because few people play them. I would say a greater factor on the strength of an update is how well it improves the game for players. Many of the updates we've seen I wouldn't classify as front page material. They are more of patchwork updates. Looking over the last two months of front page updates, I see a lot about either new ways to buy membership, or more PVP tweaks. So, just because an update is forgotten over time doesn't make it good, and just because it's remembered doesn't make it bad. I probably feel like many fans do; it's great they are making some needed changes to the game, but now I can't wait for this year to be over with so we can hopefully get back to making some new content.

the forgotten updates i found to be horribly one sided. they failed to mention how much that jagex has done in former years compared to this year. They failed to mention the numerous weeks without updates(there were onl 2 last year and that was for summoning and hd). They also failed to mention the numerous bugs and poor quality of most updates(one time they even broke half of runescape, monster didn't attack etc. etc.) This year has not been what you hype it up to be.

If things work out right, you may see an article discussing some of these points later this month, but it might not be as much as you are hoping. If you think previous years have been perfect, then I would disagree. For example, I remember Construction being promised before the end of 2005. Instead, it was delayed roughly five months into 2006, full of bugs, and hit its climax with the Falador Massacre.

rssig2.png

I didn't know the DYK, but how long is the timer?

The articles were good, but i wouldn't have minded the forgotten updates to have been a bit longer and containing more upates, i like history lessons ::'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Both articles this week were very well written. I liked that they stuck to their chosen topic and did not jump around. :thumbup:

In response to the question at the end of the second article: As a F2p player, I prefer the updates that blend into the game. For example, the addition of mini games in F2p would be considered a rather large update, but I appreciate the route finder update, an update that most easily forget, much more. I don't play mini games that often, but I run all the time while going about my business in Runescape. Being a perfectionist and an impatient person, I used to get rather frustrated while running, but now I can enjoy the task at hand much more because I am not being side tracked.

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

I didn't know the DYK, but how long is the timer?

The articles were good, but i wouldn't have minded the forgotten updates to have been a bit longer and containing more upates, i like history lessons ::'

The timer is 1 minutes and 10 seconds.

Good article guys. :thumbup:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

good articles, but DYK seems very usefull for me (a tormented demons killer :twisted: ).

2nd article: you forgot some huge-small important updates that helps me in everyday rutine:

1) gnome can note all your farming harvests + gnomes no longer walks far from farming patches - save lots of time while farming

2) price checker - when i stuck at monster, full inventory, no idea what worth less and should be dropped...no more need to open new tab for ge database \'

3) gravestones improvement - +1 minute for every kind of grave is useful for any of us who dies and may lose something valuable, but way more important even on crappy comps where theres lag your grave will still stay instead of disapear

4) "wilderness volcano" new monsters - although they did it to cover they fail over bounty hunter, still very good place to train on some monsters, specially greaters if you're below 127 combat ;)

5) zaff sells noted battlestaffs - save 2 minutes everyday, adds up after awhile

and so on...

all important small fixes really can't be describes in 1 tip.it times, but you did reminded us about very important ones :)

want_a_box.png

Good reads :)

One spelling error in the first one:

"There are more skills players feel an natural responsibility to train."

Should be a not an.

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Great articles, I particularly enjoyed the "Forgotten Updates" one as I agree whole heartedly with it.

Many people just don't realize how useful many of these small updates and how they have impacted everyone on their day to day scaping. The bank all feature is something that saves me a few seconds here and there but when added all up turns into hours of extra play time for me to do the things I enjoy.

Another person above me has mentioned the helpfulness of the leprechaun's noting ability, it has made farming so much better and easier to harvest crops and herbs. Now I can spend less time banking, and more time playing.

These little updates are slowly taking out some of the tedious parts of the game and overall are making things much more enjoyable. ::'

As for "Easier? Really?" I really agree with the last statement. Enjoy the game and have fun, don't go wasting your time on sulking over things that are no longer. Instead look towards what might become and how that can make the game better for you now.

I really think that the small updates like the leprechaun being closer and the running updates, are great they add fluidity to the game so it isn't as choppy. I really enjoy the additions of things like that, like the recent tweening and new animation pack.

tintdawg.png

Easier? Really? Feels like a repeat article. Although I agree with it, this isn't the first time I've read something about the game changing and getting easier for us.

Forgotten updates is a nice one too....One interesting thing about update year though, is that because they're updated old quest storylines, it's one of the years with the best updates for me. Oh, and construction wasn't delayed from 05 to 06....Jagex had been planning to release that skill since RSC I think.

Also, if there isn't one already, someone should make a thread about listing all of these forgotten but useful updates. (Have a date limit though. Only this year.) If there is one, which I get the feeling there is, it would be nice if someone were to put a link to it.

Noted herbs would've been amazing when I was planting avantoes after WGS came out to train herblore...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

designed for higher-level slayers

You call 79 slay high?

I do call lvl 78 slay high

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Oh, and construction wasn't delayed from 05 to 06....Jagex had been planning to release that skill since RSC I think.

You're right, it was on the list of big promises with RS2: Ancient Magicks, Summoning, player-owned houses...

I remember some old school players telling me it was brought up practically from the beginning, like they were going to auction off houses to players, until the game exploded in population and that was no longer feasible.

However, the issue was brought up again with the release of Farming. It was originally supposed to be under Carpentry.

We have separated Farming from Player-Owned Houses in order to bring it to you sooner. Player Owned Houses are still being worked on along with the Carpentry skill for release towards the end of this year - Honestly! :-)

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=435

rssig2.png

After reading the second article I wondered what was he doing? I have never found randoms annoying and never had a ent eat my axe or a smoking rock explode in my face. I enjoyed most of the randoms and the ones I did not it was no biggy, wait, relax and look out the window till it went away.

After reading the second article I wondered what was he doing? I have never found randoms annoying and never had a ent eat my axe or a smoking rock explode in my face. I enjoyed most of the randoms and the ones I did not it was no biggy, wait, relax and look out the window till it went away.

She, actually :)

I think most people, including myself, find it difficult to woodcut for long periods of time without occupying their mind with a bit more than 'chop chop chop bank chop' ect, so they read, listen to music or watch TV while playing. I used to find that if I didn't have my eye glued to the tree I would end up with a broken axe, and there was nothing more frustrating.

Some randoms I found okay, but some were honestly annoying, the ent for example. It wasn't even like the smoking rock, you had to go out of your way to Lumbridge to get it fixed and it cost you money.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

After reading the second article I wondered what was he She doing? I have never found randoms annoying and never had a ent eat my axe or a smoking rock explode in my face. I enjoyed most of the randoms and the ones I did not it was no biggy, wait, relax and look out the window till it went away.

It's good to see that people actually enjoyed randoms. I personally hated them, and I still do. Nothing more annoying than being tele'd away by some old man just to answer a few questions that even my small cousin can answer!

edit: Racheya stop being so fast!

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum