The Future of Gielnor (Spoilerz)

NotoriousPSC

I just finished While Guthix Sleeps, and got my quest cape. It was an epic quest, and is now my new favorite, having replaced Underground Pass and Darkness of Hallowvale. I created this thread to discuss the future of Gielnor, and where the story may go, what may happen, and suggestions, thoughts, anything in general.

I ran past Mazchna (Canifis Slayer master, Mazchna and Harrallack from the Warriors Guild were the only two to survive the fight with Lucien) after the quest, and suddenly I decided to run around to where everyone else was before the fight. Turael, the Slayer Master of Burthorpe, had his job taken over by his daughter (I learned this by examining her).Duradel also died, someone else took over him, but I am not sure how they are related. There is no one in Hazelmere's hut, and there is a new guard outside the Warrior's Guild, in place of Ghommal. There is no one new in Sloane's spot, he was outside the shotput arena in the Warrior's Guild. And When I tried to talk to Cyrisus over the Lunar NPC Talk spell, his face was gray and my character took a moment of silence for him. When I talked to Harrallack in the Warrior's Guild, he gave me a peptalk about keeping my spirits up and how he would be up for a fight again, but I couldn't bring it up with anyone else I recuited for the party, nor the two who the dead Slayer masters. After I thought about this, I began to wonder why didn't we talk to Vannaka about this? He's the greatest Swordsman in RuneScape! He coulda helped! Thats just what I noticed after the quest.

What I relly wanted to talk about was where RS may be going, storywise. It seems like we are getting closer and closer to the second God Wars, and I am very interested in seeing how Jagex does this. One idea that popped into my head was the ability to go back and forward in time, like Meeting History, only better and bigger. At the some point during a new quest, the God Wars start. You have the new ability of playing in this world, and dealing with the battles and struggles going on here. During this, your character walks around like he/she does in many cutscenes, where you walk around an area, but you don't see other players because of story changes to the area at the time. (Like when the zombies invaded Varrock Castle during Defender of Varrock. This could be RuneScape, but apart from the players who hadn't progressed far enough in quests to get there. Or maybe other player can in fact get there, I don't know. I'm just wondering and tossing out my thoughts. There is also the possibility that there is a giant update to RS, and everything changes because of the new war, but I don't see this happening This idea would be an incredibly massive update, and these are all my thoughts at the moment.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

hello wall of text.

I read the first chunk then saw the rest :-#

The point about Vanakka is interesting though, he raelly shoulda helped

To be honest, I would have picked him over Turael and Mazchna.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

hello wall of text.

I read the first chunk then saw the rest :-#

The point about Vanakka is interesting though, he raelly shoulda helped

Thats not really a wall of text, he used some punctuation and sentence structure...

[hide=may contain spoilers]I'm not really into following quests real close, I just drag through em, but I do wonder where we are heading. I thought it was cool that the quest actually effected the characters of the game permanently. The fight was kinda lame though, (if I remember right) they just kinda got pwnt.[/hide]

I really enjoyed doing WGS.

Also, you might want to put the spoilers in the hide thing, just in case someone clicks here.

Here is a spoiler like pic, cuz I thought it was cool!

[hide=Spoiler like pic]army.png[/hide]

35b9enp.jpg

I think there may be a 2nd massive god wars battle :thumbsup:

And i also think we'll have a major part in that Mahjarrats ritual *Only mentioned this because of Lucien and what happens during WGS, Hopefulyl he shows up at teh ritual and tries to roflpwn soem other mahjarrats but then you help them to kill him, save glienor and be back in time for the bbq*

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

How would a second godwar be incorperated?

Unless Jagex were to come up with some kind of method to travel through time, back to when runescape was normal at any point, leaving the second godwars as a kind of worldwide dungeon.

Oh wait, we can already travel through time.

Yeah...

2Xeo5.png

I always had the idea that Vannaka was just chilling on a lounger while the battle was going on, then would be like "Okay, Time to rock!". He would then pick up some FF7 style sword and dropkick Lucien into the Abyss. Also, there will be cake./joke

Honestly, a 2nd godwar would make little sense unless Jagex makes a quest where the player finds out how the Edicts of Guthix are able to become bypassed (for long periods of time).

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Untrimmed strength skillcape + no skillcapes, let a real hero do the job :D

I'm eagerly anticipating another grandmaster quest always wondered where the door will go in godwars though hope that mystery is unveiled somepoint in the next umm... decade hehe

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Honestly, a 2nd godwar would make little sense unless Jagex makes a quest where the player finds out how the Edicts of Guthix are able to become bypassed (for long periods of time).

Some Zamorakians and Saradominists are trying to do that in the Myreque storyline.

priest_wiz.png

Some Zamorakians and Saradominists are trying to do that in the Myreque storyline.

Agrith Naar has apprantley found a way around these editcs according to Juna the snake.

behold_lies.png

I notice that that Turael, Ghommal, Cyrisus, Hazelmere, and Hallarack are all wearing the same type of unidentifed armour. I wonder if it's ever going to feature in a new item update.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

QUESTION HERE. I'm thinking about everything I posted in the original post, and now I am wondering who has the strength cape, since Sloane has passed on.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Agrith Naar has apprantley found a way around these editcs according to Juna the snake.

More around a banishment from Guthix, than around the Edicts themselves.

priest_wiz.png