noobs >.>

Abc1230

As you may know, I'm getting 99 fishing by heavy rod fishing. The exp is amazing and the extra agility and strength exp is awesome, but there is one problem. It's those idiots doing barbarian training >.> They ask the most rediculous questions "du u hav a hatchit i can boro"... why would I have a hatchet while I'm fishing? "can i hav ur bow"... I'm fishing... "where can i find otto".. you're standing right next to him. "wot do u use as bait" "can i hav bait" "ware are mith dragons"... I didn't mind answering questions at first but it's just rediculous. I've tried turning public to friends and put it back to public when nobody is there just to find out that someone has apparently reported me for being a bot. Sure, some players know how to use a GUIDE, but the vast majority of them are just [bleep]ing idiots. [/rant]

I know the feeling, I have a lot of the same questions about the same things, from a lot of different people. It does get annoying answering the same questions over and over again. But they are from different people. There are a lot of ignorante and misinformed people in RS. Maybe you could try suggesting a fan site if you can manage that without getting reported for advertising... :wall:

35b9enp.jpg

Just continue to ignore them by permanently switching public chat to "off" or "friends" or whatever.

I don't think Jagex will be so idiotic to ban someone who's clearly not botting for botting. So don't worry about getting banned.

A while back I asked Jagex via the messageing system about this. I confess to being very bored at all this as well so I turn all messengers off. According to them, it's fine to turn messengers off as that is what the buttons are for. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Agreed. I felt like killing myself after a noob attached himself (or was it a guy?) to me for 2 hours. I even logged into another world, and he FOLLOWED me. He asked some really dumb questions, even after I answered around 4 questions, and told him to do some research instead of wasting more of my time. Here are the ones I remember:

weres teh plac were i can catch white things

how i catch stuf

and so on. By the 5th question I was about to explode. :oops: :evil:

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

Yeah, altough I don't get many question on RuneScape, I'm a staff member of a certain top 20 RSPS and get about the same question 10 times a day. "wer can i get claws" or "how do i get fast monies" and the common "are the exp rates fast?". It gets incredibly annoying but meh, it's a big server and a lot people play it so naturally instead of reading the forums which is required to download the server(they need to register for chances to get far into the game) and looking at guides, they just ask the nearest game staff.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Yeah, altough I don't get many question on RuneScape, I'm a staff member of a certain top 20 RSPS and get about the same question 10 times a day. "wer can i get claws" or "how do i get fast monies" and the common "are the exp rates fast?". It gets incredibly annoying but meh, it's a big server and a lot people play it so naturally instead of reading the forums which is required to download the server(they need to register for chances to get far into the game) and looking at guides, they just ask the nearest game staff.

RSPS Fail :shame:

OT: I get them every once in a while, I'm not usually venturing in FTP where the big noobs are.

Just today someone asked me for help on monkey madness, he could not understand the concept of waiting until the Monkey guard passes (in the jail).

I just tele'd out :lol:

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

Agreed. I felt like killing myself after a noob attached himself (or was it a guy?) to me for 2 hours. I even logged into another world, and he FOLLOWED me. He asked some really dumb questions, even after I answered around 4 questions, and told him to do some research instead of wasting more of my time. Here are the ones I remember:

how i catch stuf

They're known as "teleports". The higher the better.

Best anti-noob follower tool ever! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

how i catch stuf

bahh, no need to be so mean, most of the time they're just little kids that don't know any better. If you shun them, you're being a negative influence.

how i catch stuf

bahh, no need to be so mean, most of the time they're just little kids that don't know any better. If you shun them, you're being a negative influence.

Little kids shouldn't even be playing. Doesn't it say "13+"? If they are playing, they should be using quick-chat.

It's their own fault for faking their age.

how i catch stuf

Little kids shouldn't even be playing. Doesn't it say "13+"? If they are playing, they should be using quick-chat.

and you weren't playing RS when ou were under 13? I'm sure a lot of us were, includeing me.

how i catch stuf

and you weren't playing RS when ou were under 13? I'm sure a lot of us were, includeing me.

Well, I couldn't care less about what other people said. And I never followed people around like a noob.

Honestly, that is basic common sense not to follow people around and all that.

They do get awful annoying.

The worse thing is when they don't listen then moan you wouldn't help them.

I spend about 2 hours at DK's with a noobie team (luckily I was maging). There were 2 newbie guys and refused to listen to my advise. They each died twice and had to tele about 3 times.

How hard is it to;

• Go up the ladder if I tell them to (killing sup then primes spawns with rex getting one of them stood on his spawn....)

Stand the north west side when killing supreme

Put magic protect prayer on when prime is about to spawn next to them

Not stand in Rex's spawn location 2 seconds after I say hes about to spawn

Keep your prayer active (somehow one of them managed to use up all there p pots in 2 minutes?!?!)

I find the more you help people the more they want. I still offer a free tele to lumby for lunars/ancienters when they need it as well as offer things, but quests/miniquests and general locations (ie taking them there) are a no-no for me now.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

i am not trying to offend anybody but if your just standing there for countless hours they should be a option to see if they have their chat off or and such and for mods to check they should have to know (gold mods only) what you were doing if you have been doing the same exact thing for about 3 hours you ar either 1 of 2 things a bot of completely addicted so i wish that you couldjust do that and about the questions don't be rude hold a pickit sign that says stop bothering me

oversized.jpg[/bads]

how i catch stuf

Well, I couldn't care less about what other people said. And I never followed people around like a noob.

Honestly, that is basic common sense not to follow people around and all that.

Sure, I played before I was 13. Still do. (I'm 12, thank you very much.) If I ask a question, I ask it once, and only if the guides I know, like Tip.It, Runewiki, and RuneHQ, don't make sense. (like happens sometimes.) And it is basic common sense that following someone and endlessly asking questions, after you're told that you're not going to get any more answers, is wrong.

I was disinformed when I started members, but I explored, died a few times when I wandered somewhere silly, (Dungeons anyone?) and found out about things myself. The people who always ask before thinking are being selfish by acting so childishly, even if they ARE kids.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

you cant bot barbarian fishing. therefore you should not be scared. i get reported for saying crap, i dont rant about it. ranting about noobs is sad, do it when you find an MMO WITHOUT 'noobs'.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.