Crystal Bow, Rune X Bow or Bronze Knives?

Ulysses

Greetings all,

I am currently at 70 ranging, planning to get ~85. I am currently using bronze knives fighting orges. I am just wondering whether crystal bow or rune xbow with broad bolts will work better than knives; and what sort of creatures should I be training on. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

I heard Steel Darts (same speed as rune knifes) have the same stats as an Iron Knife yet are cheaper. They might be good for powertraining.

And no. The Crystal Bow would break too many times from 70-85 range, the cost may start to lower but it will still add up in the long run. Rune X Bow is ok but too slow for fast training. Stick with Darts/Knifes.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Unless your bow is 180k per charge, dont bother. The only reason I use it is because my cost is 180k, and its the ONLY range weapon I use (Unless Im versing dragons) because of the consistant moderate hits it deals.

Popoto.~<3

Unless your bow is 180k per charge, dont bother. The only reason I use it is because my cost is 180k, and its the ONLY range weapon I use (Unless Im versing dragons) because of the consistant moderate hits it deals.

Problem is there is really no point to (if not 180k per charge) degrade it that much so it is 180k per charge.

Also.. Question. If its 180k per charge. Why not get 10 seeds, 1.8M, get 10 Crystal Bows, then sell for med. :?

AnthonyWL.png

Problem is there is really no point to (if not 180k per charge) degrade it that much so it is 180k per charge.

Also.. Question. If its 180k per charge. Why not get 10 seeds, 1.8M, get 10 Crystal Bows, then sell for med. :?

There might be a limit on how many seeds you can get. But you can go and buy a new one for 900k Islwyn, and most people can usually get it recharged cheaper then buying a new one.

I'm not that sure as i never done the quests, buts im sure Jagex thought of this and made a way to prevent it from happening.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Sell the Crystal Bows? You can't :wall: seeds are the only part thats tradeable.

Umm.. I thought that you can at Full Charge and Seeds.

AnthonyWL.png

Sell the Crystal Bows? You can't :wall: seeds are the only part thats tradeable.

Umm.. I thought that you can at Full Charge and Seeds.

Ya i edited my post.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

There might be a limit on how many seeds you can get. But you can go and buy a new one for 900k Islwyn, and most people can usually get it recharged cheaper then buying a new one.

I'm not that sure as i never done the quests, buts im sure Jagex thought of this and made a way to prevent it from happening.

basically there are 2 crystal bows, "new" and "full"

you can trade the "new", which is the version bought from the elf, and "full" is a used bow that is on 10/10 charges, and that cant be traded

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Bronze knives work extremely well with void, if you dont have void, most monsters you should use a rune cbow and mith/broad bolts on.

Now.. You have a decent defence as well as 70+ range.. Have you tried tank ranging green dragons? ;) ;) ;)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Either a Rune X-bow with broad bolts or bronze knives. I feel both are similar experience. I might get more xp/hr with the Rune X-bow now that I think about it, but thats at 99 range. I'll have to test it out once my modem is fixed. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I heard Steel Darts (same speed as rune knifes) have the same stats as an Iron Knife yet are cheaper. They might be good for powertraining.

Got a question here, if I am training on a 50hp monster (yaks/bandits), what should i use?

bronze knife: 14gp each +4att +3str

steel dart: 31gp ea +5att +4str (2x the price of bronze knife)

broad-tipped bolt: 64gp ea +90att +100str (2x the price of steel dart)

broad-tipped seems to be a bit over kill.. but what about bronze knifes and steel darts, which is more cost efficient?

Got a question here, if I am training on a 50hp monster (yaks/bandits), what should i use?

bronze knife: 14gp each +4att +3str

steel dart: 31gp ea +5att +4str (2x the price of bronze knife)

broad-tipped bolt: 64gp ea +90att +100str (2x the price of steel dart)

broad-tipped seems to be a bit over kill.. but what about bronze knifes and steel darts, which is more cost efficient?

Bronze knives.

But yaks suck, and are very very overrated.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Bronze knives are the fast+cheap exp method although I prefer Soul Wars and Cannonballs over that.

Crystal bow is only for dueling type pvp settings when a farcasting mage attacks you. Rune xbow pretty much outclasses this weapon except for distance attacks.

Rune xbow+ broadbolts are for casual pvp settings (like soul wars or castle wars) and facing against tough non-boss monsters.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX