FoG Hiders

Sir_Squab

my point is yoiur obviously maxed and fighting lower lvs if your the lower lv you can't play like that

I am NOT maxed. It's just that the opponents I get are all very low level, and I easily win.

Besides, those low levels only play for magic exp. They don't care about tokens.

If you really want to win, why don't you stop being lazy and actually get your god damn stats higher?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FoG is purely a game of strategy and this means that when you're being hunted, avoiding your hunter is what you're supposed to do.

It kills me when people say that hiding is stupid and waste of time and that standing in the center is smarter. NO. If you know how to hide properly and avoid having your hunter even get close to you - you can get thousands of charges; whereas he'll sit in the middle and get barely over 1,000 (if he's lucky).

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

FoG is purely a game of strategy and this means that when you're being hunted, avoiding your hunter is what you're supposed to do.

It kills me when people say that hiding is stupid and waste of time and that standing in the center is smarter. NO. If you know how to hide properly and avoid having your hunter even get close to you - you can get thousands of charges; whereas he'll sit in the middle and get barely over 1,000 (if he's lucky).

This. Hiding always gets you more xp because you get free charges without getting hit and you can get free time in the center if you tele when your hunter finds you close to the edge and hiding is probably the only way someone can win when they are 30 lvls below their opponent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiding is completely legal. Any 10 year-old with their brother's account can whine about how you're such a noob for hiding, or how you cheated by hiding, or house hugging, or rock hugging, or...

They're all part of the game. If Jagex had not intended for this to happen, they would have removed the houses and shrink the arena down to a 10X10 square. But, that would be really boring :shame:

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

I haven't lost a game of FoG yet with tanking. Although I haven't actually tried running, from my experience with other people, it aways fails. Even against higher-leveled players, I tank, yet I always win because they try to run around too much.

for me, i wonder why people dont hide. the game is made for runners, running = win (mostly), its more fun then tanking ect...

you could say that tanking gets more rewards faster but imo at least, 1 tough 15 minit game with 15 or so tokens as a reward, is more rewarding then 3 5minit games and 50 or so tokens in the same time.

not all rewards have a numertical value!

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Although I prefer tanking, I like it when my opponent runs. It is so fun to hunt them down and destroy them....MUAHAHA!

running around getting destroyed...not so much fun unsure.gif

Personally, I find people who run or hide themselves from the Hutner in FoG annoying, but I feel that they are perfectly allowed to do so.

To begin my reasoning, I'd like to say FoG is a minigame where the Hunter and the Hunted square off against each other, using any method they can to ensure their victory.

With that being said, strategies are formed, methods are in place, and the world of FoG begins.

Running and hiding are sometimes part or key strategies and complex methods to snag a win from your opponent. To say that it is "nooby" to run/hide, or to say runners/hiders are nothing but pathetic people who cannot win in a legit way proves your stupidity in this field.

If you wanted a 1v1 fight that is just plain fighting, you would be better off in the Duel Arena.

Generia.png

I don't see why something that Jagex made a main part of a mini-game should not be allowed. This is a similar to the many people who rant "NO CAMPING" in first person shooters such as Halo. Yes, it can be annoying when someone does it to you, yet it is also effective when you execute it. If the game developers have done nothing to discourage it and offer situations to do it (and in the case of Fist of Guthix, seem to promote the activity), I don't see why it should be disallowed. I have a hunch that most people who think that hiding should not be allowed are more frustrated at their lack of success in the minigame due to the hiding of their opponent, much like the people who hate anyone who camps in Halo.

Excellent analogy wink.gif. If you compare FoG to Halo again, there's another similarity. In Halo, it is very easy to kill a camper, though they can also be incredibly damaging at the same time; whereas the typical run 'n' gun players have a bit of a balance between difficulty to kill and potency of killing. Same with FoG. Although runners may seem cheap and difficult to beat, they're easy to counter(bind spells, ice spells). And once you do catch them, they're easy to kill(they also stay away from the fist, meaning they get much less charges). Tanks on the other hand, seem to always get between 1k-2k charges, while runners may vary from 500-5k. It just depends on luck and skill.

first off i want to say that F2P FOG > P2P FOG because f2p fog has more noobs and it's quicker points.

I don't mind hiders in FOG, because i find them easily, if i don't find them i use an explorers ring charge xD

In FOG the main thing is to survive the most you can until you die, so you expect people to run around like headless chickens and hug around barriers/walls as it's the MAIN part of the game.If you don't hide, run, and hug the barriers/walls, there is nearly no chance of winning unless it's a lvl 50 noob.

RETIRED

If you don't hide, run, and hug the barriers/walls, there is nearly no chance of winning unless it's a lvl 50 noob.

Except that in F2P FOG, just about every single opponent I face is a "lvl 50 noob". Therefore, center-tanking is more effective there.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

If you don't hide, run, and hug the barriers/walls, there is nearly no chance of winning unless it's a lvl 50 noob.

Except that in F2P FOG, just about every single opponent I face is a "lvl 50 noob". Therefore, center-tanking is more effective there.

Yea, people tend to play f2p more because they get eaten by d clawz or dark bow.

I don't see why something that Jagex made a main part of a mini-game should not be allowed. This is a similar to the many people who rant "NO CAMPING" in first person shooters such as Halo. Yes, it can be annoying when someone does it to you, yet it is also effective when you execute it. If the game developers have done nothing to discourage it and offer situations to do it (and in the case of Fist of Guthix, seem to promote the activity), I don't see why it should be disallowed. I have a hunch that most people who think that hiding should not be allowed are more frustrated at their lack of success in the minigame due to the hiding of their opponent, much like the people who hate anyone who camps in Halo.

If you've ever played any of the 4 Halo FPS's, you'd know that Camping is a grossly ineffective tactic. A good nade or even melee combo can take out a camper, and there's no real OHKO you can execute from a crouching position in a corner. You wouldn't even get many kills on a F4A game. Strategic positioning, a trigger finger, good nade placement, control of power weapons, teamwork etc etc... is what makes a good Halo player (Sorry I get worked up whenever I see people talking about Halo like it's CS)

On topic though hiding is a perfectly viable strategy in FoG. In fact it was built into the game design that it's exactly what you're SUPPOSED to do. If you don't hid then it's just like duel arena where the players take turns hitting eachother and see who dies faster. If someone complains about hiding, then they don't know how to play FoG

Sarineka.png

~Less QQ, Moar Pew Pew~

I don't know how anyone would have thought to make a seagull launcher out of a shirt and an accordion for Rocking Out though... That just seems too out there

If a level 136 with ags and ahrims runs towards me, i rather hide and get called a noob or "play right" and lose.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.