FoG Hiders

Sir_Squab

Well, I tried looking for a thread about this but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if a thread like this already exists.

What is your opinion on people in FoG who hide?

Personally I think hiding is allowed. Hunter and Hunted, with the hunted running and hiding was the main point of the game. That is what the houses were made for. Also, (at least to me) the game is much more fun when you are attacking a good hider, and vice versa, when you need to hide from your opponent. I find it very poor sport to leave a game because the person is hiding, which has happened to me on at least one memorable occasion. And please excuse me; I was lvl 116 at most, against a lvl 130+ with 3a robe bottom and dragon claws, and I am expected to tank in the center!?

And furthermore, I see no reason against hiding, except to not irritate hunters who are looking for quick easy wins instead of a more challenging opponent.

I hope someone comes up with a good reason though :)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm in china right now, and I lag like hell in crowded areas, so I hate it when people hide, but there's still nothing wrong.

Personally, I don't hide, I hug the rocks and that angers them hunters even more :D

Staurolite.png

In P2P FoG, hiding is the only thing that delays or denies the meeting of a level 65 with some level 129's Godsword. It's a valid tactic, since FoG wasn't really made to be linear in the sense that you always slash at them/always die to them.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

How is this a debate? It is part of the game. Whether you like it or not is not relevant.

You'd be surprised at some of the people I've run into. Most lvl 130+ with barrage and d claws seem to think it's their RIGHT to win because they have ancients and d claws, and will often lead because you don't hide in the center. I had an argument with a barrager about hiding, him thinking it's wrong, my argument consisting of "hey, I won didn't I?"

Wonder if I should've put this in rants lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

How is this a debate? It is part of the game. Whether you like it or not is not relevant.

Then lets delete the whole Debate Club forum and never debate about runescape - because everything in RuneScape is just part of the game. ;)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Then lets delete the whole Debate Club forum and never debate about runescape - because everything in RuneScape is just part of the game. ;)

Good point.

But honestly, the debate club has about 1-2 threads in 20 that is a DEBATABLE topic, not a SUGGESTION...

I understand the point of the debate, and it can be debateable, but since Jagex made those houses, they're clearly meant to be used.

Plus the docking of 20 charges per use, means it has it's own down sides.

It's a tactic, and a particularly effective one if you ask me.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

If you have barrage, and your opponent doesnt, and you still lose...

You'd be surprised - most barragers don't use much, if any strategy at all; I've beaten more then one barrager before (I know have ice blitz, but I've done this in my bursting days too) and caused others to leave the game because I don't try to tank at center and horribly, epically fail.

I've also gotten beaten by lower level rangers then me, because I don't try when I'm being hunted, whereas they end up being very good hiders.

There's more to FoG then stats. Or d claws.

Going offtopic, but if you teleport or enter a house and time it right, you can waste a persons claw specs.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I personally can't stand hiders. But im guessing if I were to go against someone 40 levels higher than me, I'd do anything to avoid them (except house hugging :shame: ).

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

I personally can't stand hiders. But im guessing if I were to go against someone 40 levels higher than me, I'd do anything to avoid them (except house hugging :shame: ).

If you can't stand hiders you shouldn't be playing FoG because the whole game revolves around running and hiding.

Is it really that OP? They're taking relatively fast damage and can't reenter after X amount of time. It takes skill to time it just right. Are you saying skill is OP in FoG?

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

as some people said, hiding is a point of the game. i do it all the time because im 1 defence, and i probably win over 90% of rounds i play. the times when i dont win seem to be against another hiders who use these tactics rather than standing in the middle with protection prayers expecting to win, which tend to be the higher level players. its fun surprising people like that :thumbsup:

I don't see why something that Jagex made a main part of a mini-game should not be allowed. This is a similar to the many people who rant "NO CAMPING" in first person shooters such as Halo. Yes, it can be annoying when someone does it to you, yet it is also effective when you execute it. If the game developers have done nothing to discourage it and offer situations to do it (and in the case of Fist of Guthix, seem to promote the activity), I don't see why it should be disallowed. I have a hunch that most people who think that hiding should not be allowed are more frustrated at their lack of success in the minigame due to the hiding of their opponent, much like the people who hate anyone who camps in Halo.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I think it's funny that people get so worked up about it. If someone is a higher combat level than I am, why would I stand in the center and let them kill me? It's better to run and hide, you'll stay alive longer, and most likely get more charges in the process, allowing you to win, which is the point of all minigames, isn't it?

Twibb.png

You're actually supposed to hide if you don't have fantastic defence. Otherwise you would be destroyed before you can get enough points. Combat is only one half of the game, tactics is the other.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

and to the higher level noobs running from the level 30s, i have 1 thing to say: u rock [:

who cares if they're lower level. First of all you can last longer...

Second of all, it's not as if you're going to have an easy, low level opponent all the time, so you might as well practice new tricks and hiding and running anyways.

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hiding is most certainly allowed, in fact you need to do this if you are the hunted and want to survive against high levels.

However, since I usually get noob players, I just camp in the center, activate prayers, and gather charges very quickly. When they are the hunted, they usually also stand in the center, so I kill them with my highest level magic combat spell to get a free win.

Why? It's because noobs have very low defense, while the higher levels have high defense. Also noobs never use prayer.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention