FoG Hiders

Sir_Squab

Hiding is most certainly allowed, in fact you need to do this if you are the hunted and want to survive against high levels.

However, since I usually get noob players, I just camp in the center, activate prayers, and gather charges very quickly. When they are the hunted, they usually also stand in the center, so I kill them with my highest level magic combat spell to get a free win.

Why? It's because noobs have very low defense, while the higher levels have high defense. Also noobs never use prayer.

Anyone who is a lower level than you is a noob.

Anyone who is a higher level than you is a nerd.

:twss:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiding is most certainly allowed, in fact you need to do this if you are the hunted and want to survive against high levels.

However, since I usually get noob players, I just camp in the center, activate prayers, and gather charges very quickly. When they are the hunted, they usually also stand in the center, so I kill them with my highest level magic combat spell to get a free win.

Why? It's because noobs have very low defense, while the higher levels have high defense. Also noobs never use prayer.

Anyone who is a lower level than you is a noob.

Anyone who is a higher level than you is a nerd.

:twss:

Now that's just mean. :lol:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

and to the higher level noobs running from the level 30s, i have 1 thing to say: u rock [:

who cares if they're lower level. First of all you can last longer...

Second of all, it's not as if you're going to have an easy, low level opponent all the time, so you might as well practice new tricks and hiding and running anyways.

Certainly, but the game wouldn't take so long for the same number of tokens if you stay closer to the centre. It's reasonable to hide less if you have better defence, but you have to remember the stat drain. You just have to choose wisely.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

and to the higher level noobs running from the level 30s, i have 1 thing to say: u rock [:

Second of all, it's not as if you're going to have an easy, low level opponent all the time, so you might as well practice new tricks and hiding and running anyways.

Certainly, but the game wouldn't take so long for the same number of tokens if you stay closer to the centre. It's reasonable to hide less if you have better defence, but you have to remember the stat drain. You just have to choose wisely.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 1 month later...

Actually, tanking in the center is proven to give you better charges than if you continue to run around. Since the opponents are low leveled, then it takes a ton for the opponent to kill them.

I had someone wear full steel and a mith weapon and he just used wind strike on me. I just stood in the center with prayer on and I got 3817 charges in that round. I could have lasted longer if I didn't waste my prayer, but oh well. I'll get 5000 charges someday. :)

By the way, just about every opponent that I had is a low leveled noob, so I have little to no difficulty of winning each match with 1000+ charges.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I hate it how my opponent comes to me after the match and insults me for hiding. Their idea of trying not to be killed is to stand in the middle and try to last as long as i can. If someone with d claws comes towards me, i sure as hell run and hide.

Am i noob? Well you`re not very good player either, as you havent figured out my simple tactic yet (which is: run north, when he comes, i run to the center, once he finds me from the crowd, i enter the house and tele, wait till he goes away, exit and repeat).

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I could eat F2Pers for breakfast, yet I still hide.

Play how the game is supposed to be played, folks.

Except that you are not going to get a lot of charges and games that way.

Pair up with a low level noob + camp in the center + high hp/pray = free 5000 Charges or free/quick win.

My pray isn't high enough for me to last for 5000 charges though. :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I was playing FOG (to get the music) on P2P and kept getting called a "noob" for running around rocks and hiding. My opponent wanted "free xp" and after he was thoroughly trounced (4000 or so to 100) I was faced with a barrage of abuse back in the entrance because I was a "hiding noob who doesnt know how to play the game properly". I responded saying that it wasn't designed for the xp, and got told "yes it was you noob".

I no longer go there.

asrhasrh.jpg

I was playing FOG (to get the music) on P2P and kept getting called a "noob" for running around rocks and hiding. My opponent wanted "free xp" and after he was thoroughly trounced (4000 or so to 100) I was faced with a barrage of abuse back in the entrance because I was a "hiding noob who doesnt know how to play the game properly". I responded saying that it wasn't designed for the xp, and got told "yes it was you noob".

I no longer go there.

That's weird, I don't see anybody saying this in F2P... oh well I guess your situation is P2P only I guess.

Try turning public off, or play FOG on a F2P world. Easy wins there, as many people are low leveled.

Oh, and they say it was designed for free exp, because the runes are free, and the rewards also give extra exp. But, it's all about charges and strategy, right?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I think its completely acceptable. It is annoying, but its definitely a legitimate tactic. I don't do it personally, I prefer to practice hugging around rocks.

When I used to play it I found it was quite easy to catch hiders at any rate, you just run to the middle and can see when they come out. As for the abuse, well, thats pretty much a staple of the game now so it doesn't surprise me.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• 2 weeks later...

It's part of the game. It's very frustrating for the hunter, but it is a legitimate tactic.

It's frustrating to the hunted as well, just so you know.

The minigame lags a lot so trying to run/hide would just raise my chances of losing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Hiding is actually a disadvantage for the hider, because they receives less charges during the time they hide. I have never lost to a hider on my level 46 (I Tb U Tele - 7278 rating - check me in highscores), and less on my level 108. I just hug around the center, I may last around 2-4 minutes, but I get around 1000 charges, while the opponent lasts 5-6 minutes, and gets like 600-800 charges. So, in the end I win.

I am against hiding, not because it frustrates me, but because it wastes everyone's time, the opponent just wasted 6 minutes of his life (if he loses). I do not like to waste time, EVER!

If you're a high level, you're a fool to do FoG in P2P worlds in the first place. Do it on F2P worlds, where 90% of the people you encounter are below level 85 combat, and most of them are either clueless about what to do or they are mages who are only there to gain free exp. With my 99 ranged and addy arrows, I can get tokens very quickly in F2P.

td2sig.jpg

I used to hide and win all the time, then I realized if I stood in the fist, I would win and not waste time :thumbsup:

FOG isn't free exp to those noob mages.

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

I used to hide and win all the time, then I realized if I stood in the fist, I would win and not waste time :thumbsup:

FOG isn't free exp to those noob mages.

I use Fire Blast to kill my opponents, and I win nearly every single round. So, remove that statement about noob mages.

Agreed with the center tanking. That's how I got my 4000+ charges in one round. :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Center tanking is FTW indeed, haha. Why bother running around the area, getting very little charges and taking damage everytime you're hiding in one of those houses, when you can simply stand in the center with some dragonhide and protection prayers on and gain the same amount of charges in 1/2 of the time. It makes the games go quicker, and thus meaning more tokens for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Think if possible hiding should be taking out..just makes it more annoying/boring to hunt and kill them.

136 Combat :: Jjozzie :: 2000 Total

99 Slayer - 99 Summoning - 92 Herblore - 82 Prayer

64m Attack - 25m Strength - 17m Defence - 20m Range - 44m Hp - 20m Magic

:: Bandos ::

*Solo* - 3 Hilts - 2 Chestplates - 2 Tassets - 1 Boots - 6 Shards

*Duo - 8 Hilts - 6 Chestplates - 6 Tassets - 4 Boots - 14 Shards

Think if possible hiding should be taking out..just makes it more annoying/boring to hunt and kill them.

Or just remove those god damn houses. They damage you more often than in any other place, they use up 20 charges in your stone, and most of all, your opponent can see where you are when you exit if he stands in the Fist of Guthix.

Though, hiding isn't that much of a problem since just about every opponent I get tanks in the center.

I help as well by center-tanking, and so should everybody else.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Center tanking is FTW indeed, haha. Why bother running around the area, getting very little charges and taking damage everytime you're hiding in one of those houses, when you can simply stand in the center with some dragonhide and protection prayers on and gain the same amount of charges in 1/2 of the time. It makes the games go quicker, and thus meaning more tokens for you.

no coz you will lose half of your games thus slowing down tokens gained

I have center-tanked my last 50 games and won ALL of them. Your point?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

my point is yoiur obviously maxed and fighting lower lvs if your the lower lv you can't play like that

my point is yoiur obviously maxed and fighting lower lvs if your the lower lv you can't play like that

I don't think class 4 stats are maxxed. Just follow the link under the name to hgihscores and you'll see a clearly not max player.