86-99 mage, how?

sumondskull6

I want to get 99 mage, currently 86, but I don't know many good methods to training mage. I don't want to spend a huge amount of cash. I was thinking about the classic high alchemy method, but I don't know what to alch. I know there are a few methods in the lunar spellbook, but I hear they are very costly. I just want some figures on how much it would cost using different methods, why I should use that method, and If I'll keep my sanity using it. >.>

Sumondskull6.png

Training magic at a profit or break even point is not feasible unless you get lucky with monster drops, get a good deal on alchables, or PC it. At least, that's what I've come across in my travels.

You may be able to make some money if you can catch prices at the right times for superheating or alching, or plank making and glass making.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Training magic at a profit or break even point is not feasible unless you get lucky with monster drops, get a good deal on alchables, or PC it. At least, that's what I've come across in my travels.

You may be able to make some money if you can catch prices at the right times for superheating or alching, or plank making and glass making.

I didn't say I wanted to make money, I just don't want to spend a lot. How would I make money from superheating/plank make/glass make?

Sumondskull6.png

well if money is your tight point, then try superglass make on the lunar spellbook, I heard you make a lot of money. (though it is really slow)

EDIT: Also by the time you hit 99 magic, you will have already gotten 99 crafting \'

You get crafting exp for super-glass make?

Sumondskull6.png

well if money is your tight point, then try superglass make on the lunar spellbook, I heard you make a lot of money. (though it is really slow)

EDIT: Also by the time you hit 99 magic, you will have already gotten 99 crafting \'

yep, and you get a significant amount more crafting xp than magic xp, but whatever, if you want both to 99 and want to profit/break even then superglass make is the way to go.

goro_fujita.png

yep, and you get a significant amount more crafting xp than magic xp, but whatever, if you want both to 99 and want to profit/break even then superglass make is the way to go.

Yeah, I'm liking that idea. It would take me 116,911 casts to get to 99. Wikipedia says that you make 1229 gp/cast (Thats most likely wrong, but whatever, I'll use it because I don't feel like calcing the profit/spell.), that means I would make 143,683,619gp.

That's ridiculous, does molten glass sell, is that the catch?

Sumondskull6.png

glass make = u make tons of money, its slow, it gives great craft exp, needs high focus, something like 30-40k mage exp/h i believe

superheat (i havent tried) = atleast u make money from mith bars i think, im guessing its pretty slow, u get smith exp

alch = easiest way, 1200 alchs/hour = around 70-80k exp/h, u lose tons, very boring. Cost me about 10m from 86--> 94 with yew longs :x

doing barrows with ancients = slow exp, u might get lucky with loots, u normally get your money back + make abit profit, FUN, around 5k exp per trip, possible to do around 7-11 trips per hour. RISKY

mage training area = i hear u make some money or +- with infinity boots, i have no idea about exp

glass make = u make tons of money, its slow, it gives great craft exp, needs high focus, something like 30-40k mage exp/h i believe

superheat (i havent tried) = atleast u make money from mith bars i think, im guessing its pretty slow, u get smith exp

alch = easiest way, 1200 alchs/hour = around 70-80k exp/h, u lose tons, very boring. Cost me about 10m from 86--> 94 with yew longs :x

doing barrows with ancients = slow exp, u might get lucky with loots, u normally get your money back + make abit profit, FUN, around 5k exp per trip, possible to do around 7-11 trips per hour. RISKY

mage training area = i hear u make some money or +- with infinity boots, i have no idea about exp

I use to do barrows with slayer dart + guthans, easily got 10-15 chests/trip, even more if I got lucky. I'm not sure how fast the exp was, but it was very enjoyable, and I did always profit. But 9.2m exp is a LOT to get doing barrows. Plus I like the idea of profiting from 99 mage + crafting, and getting them at the same time. ::'

Sumondskull6.png

String Ammy 130-140k xp/hr.

86-99 is 25-30m.

I said I didn't want to spend too much =/

You could use superglass make to raise money for ammy stringing.

I may use superglass make to get to 99 crafting, then either burst or string ammy for the rest. This way I profit, and get charms if I burst?

Sumondskull6.png

HOW do you make money with superglass make?

Sand - 226gp

Soda Ash - 308gp

Glass- 454gp

??

One cast does all the raw materials in your inv, and you get up to 13 extra, so you can get up to 26 glass from one cast.

Staurolite.png

HOW do you make money with superglass make?

Sand - 226gp

Soda Ash - 308gp

Glass- 454gp

??

One cast does all the raw materials in your inv, and you get up to 13 extra, so you can get up to 26 glass from one cast.

I have never gotten 26 from one cast. I think the most I have recieved is 19-20ish.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Plank_Make

130-140k an hour, lose like 3 gp per exp, so around 30m.

String amulet has become more expensive, and will cost around 50m if you do it.

Bursting is a good 100k an hour, but you lose money. (charms and hp exp are nice though).

Never alch its really dumb.

Fire waving aviansies or iron dragons will break even.

You can do enchant lvl 6 jewerly in mta, I don't know how fast that is but its 100 exp per cast.