Training Attack or strength

Robert_R

Ok so I finally got 90 att/str but now I don't know which one to train. Right now it's between one of these 3 choices:

1) get 95 att/str then go from there

2) Get 99 strength first

3) Get 99 attack first

Which one should I do?

Also for training strength should I just use a dragon scimmy or go ahead and buy a ss?

No matter which one I do I will be training doing slayer if that makes any difference in what I should do, just pointing that out.

Any help would be appreciated :D

It depends, did you like going to 99 def?

If so I'd recommend just picking one (Maybe attack as you can train with whip but it's up to you) and just sticking with it.

Personally, I'd get both of them to 95 first (or even 98) and then training one of them as you *should* get faster xp.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

That's really a personal preference.. some say strength because the harder you hit, the faster you train while others say attack, since you're more accurate you train faster. Personally, I'd go for 99 Attack first. But that's just me.

I'd stick with a Dragon Scimitar + Rune Defender. If you want, you can get the SS and sell it back when you're finished.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

It's entirely up to you, personal preference really but im doing the same as you wanting my str and attack to 99 but im going for attack simply cause you can use whip for attack so pretty quick to lvl also as ppl have said will increase ur accuracy so in the long run will be easier to train str and if you have the money i'd use SS for the str training

gl on 99 attack and strength tho :P

blade_1030.png

blade_1030.png

Blade_1030.png

blade_1030.png

blade_1030.png

It's entirely up to you, personal preference really but im doing the same as you wanting my str and attack to 99 but im going for attack simply cause you can use whip for attack so pretty quick to lvl also as ppl have said will increase ur accuracy so in the long run will be easier to train str and if you have the money i'd use SS for the str training

gl on 99 attack and strength tho :P

Welcome to TIF, I guess.

I mean no offense in any way but would it be possible to tidy up your typing? A few fullstops, new lines and commas will do the trick.. Sorry for nagging :lol:

As for me, I would go 99 attack first. Just because.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

If you like the whip and your not sure which to get first, why not train controlled with the whip? It's the best of both world's.

Probably quicker training both to 99 at a slower rate than one 99 followed by another and your still using the whip.

Could save you money on food or prayer potions aswell.

Just my 2p :lol:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

If you like the whip and your not sure which to get first, why not train controlled with the whip? It's the best of both world's.

Probably quicker training both to 99 at a slower rate than one 99 followed by another and your still using the whip.

Could save you money on food or prayer potions aswell.

Just my 2p :lol:

and get ~7m extra defense exp? That just seems like a waste. Now if they were all the same i would say controlled, but since thats not the case i would just get eith 95 att/str or just straight 90-99 att.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Do NOT train controlled... You have 99 defence so there is no point at all.. It'll just be a waste as others have said.

Personally I would go for 95/95 but if you're eager to get another 99 in a melee skill, I'd probably say attack...

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

I'm just gonna go with what some people are saying and train attack to 99 first. I don't see how training on controlled would save me money or time btw. It would save time if I was 90 defence but since it trains all 3 equally meaning it trains attack and strength slower then it would to just train them seperatly, because it is only 2 skills that I need to train not 3.

So wasting money is better than a bit of wasted exp?

Of course it is lmao. 7mil extra defence xp which is virtually useless to him will take him hundreds of hours. It will take him A LOT longer to go from 90 att/str to 99 training controlled; time he could use to make even more money..

He can buy an SS or stick with a scim/defender... in the end, he can sell back the SS, and there you go - no loss of money.. plus he'll even profit as that extra time for 7mil defence xp will be wiped out and he can focus on actually making money with other skills.

I'm sorry but suggesting training on controlled has go to be the stupidest thing I've read on these forums yet.. and I've seen some pretty stupid things. It is completely economically inefficient. It is MORE costly for him to train on controlled than to buy an SS and train attack and strength separately.

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

Id personnaly train attack to 99, then str

Str isnt as important, most damage comes from str boosting gear, super potions, prayers, weapons and such. Those 9 levels might only add 2 damage to your max in the long run, proper gear will boost exp rates alot more.

And more accuracy will provide faster exp with an ss

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Well what about the quests he has yet to do which give defence exp that exp is going to waste, as is alot of exp when people get 99's before they finish all there quests.

So it isn't 1 of the stupidest things you have read, some body asking what is JAGEX is more stupid.

perfetc_666.png

Well what about the quests he has yet to do which give defence exp that exp is going to waste, as is alot of exp when people get 99's before they finish all there quests.

So it isn't 1 of the stupidest things you have read, some body asking what is JAGEX is more stupid.

You offering an example of something that is more stupid, well that's a bit stupid. You'd get your point across just by clarifying out what you meant.

2eprbpj.png

You offering an example of something that is more stupid, well that's a bit stupid. You'd get your point across just by clarifying out what you meant.

I thought what I said was clear enough, apparently not.

There saying it would be wasted exp but if you get a 99 before you have completed all the quest arn't you wasting that exp aswell?

I was showing that it wasn't the most stupid thing, which is wasn't. Not knowing who JAGEX is more stupid than what I said.

This is besides the point though cos he has chosen what he is going to do so this is just spam so can we stop now or does any body else feel like carrying on this pointless debate?

perfetc_666.png

There saying it would be wasted exp but if you get a 99 before you have completed all the quest arn't you wasting that exp aswell?

I was showing that it wasn't the most stupid thing, which is wasn't. Not knowing who JAGEX is more stupid than what I said.

This is besides the point though cos he has chosen what he is going to do so this is just spam so can we stop now or does any body else feel like carrying on this pointless debate?

No offence, but your arguments suck. There are other reasons why one would do quests other than the miniscule defence xp they'll get (probably less than 200k for completing all the quests)... I personally do quests to either get access to new areas, for new armor/weapons, or as a prereq for another quest which gives me greater rewards. I never look at the xp awards.. When it comes to training a specific combat skill like defence, there are no other reasons as to why one would do it besides xp in that skill (e.g. defence).

But you're right about one thing - he's made up his mind, and is thankfully [for him] not using the inefficient controlled method of training, so there's no more point in bumping this thread.

No offence, but your arguments suck. There are other reasons why one would do quests other than the miniscule defence xp they'll get (probably less than 200k for completing all the quests)... I personally do quests to either get access to new areas, for new armor/weapons, or as a prereq for another quest which gives me greater rewards. I never look at the xp awards.. When it comes to training a specific combat skill like defence, there are no other reasons as to why one would do it besides xp in that skill (e.g. defence).

But you're right about one thing - he's made up his mind, and is thankfully [for him] not using the inefficient controlled method of training, so there's no more point in bumping this thread.

So why the hell did you bump it then! :wall:

In a recent poll I am pretty sure more people cared more about the exp rewards than anything else.

I gave my view he didn't choose to use it end of topic, all you have done is bump a dead topic and insult me so well done. =D>

perfetc_666.png

Getting both to 90+ then working you way up from there will help in the long run. If you have high attack, your training for both will be easier than it is with low attack. If you have lower strength when training attack, you won't hit as much.

Signature_FFVIIAC_Cloud.png

Toxicity02.png__