06-Aug-09 RuneScape Q&A � Mark Gerhard

Toad

Gratz on getting you question answer smellysocks, though the answer was only one sentence :wall:. qfc: 13,14,674,59348769,goto,13

I expect username changes to be released next week, or the week after that, Can't wait. ::'

I bet my money on Rag and Boneman 2 really soon, he totally avoided my questions, worth a try though, not even a little spoiler in there, was hoping he'd name a few skills content was planned for, just the skill name no specifics :cry:

I can't find that forum :?

Can you write your question and answer here?

It's on the Runescape Official Forums. Tip.It is only a fansite, questions here won't be answered, they have to go in the RSOF thread.

he meant smellysocks' question and answer posted here because he can't find it

Q) Smellysocks

Hey Mark,

Been a long time player, seen the community and the game grow like wildfire, some great additions added such as; skills all bring an extra dimension to RuneScape the next one is expected to be huge any spoilers?

I think it's great the quests are open ended that way you can take it in multiple directions can we expect another Grandmaster soon will Prifddinnas finally be opening its crystal gates? as for high level content, looking forward to seeing that in the coming months, possible to name the skills this is planned for?

The way runescape 2 has evolved has been nothing short of spectacular, The Museum boat (Near the souls bane rift) has been under construction for over a year now, any idea when the builders will finish?

(obviously getting paid by the hour not on commission).

---------------------

A) Hey Smellysocks,

We are working on a new skill as well as high level content but I cant give any spoilers as the RuneScape team will burn down my house :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gratz on getting you question answer smellysocks, though the answer was only one sentence :wall:. qfc: 13,14,674,59348769,goto,13

I expect username changes to be released next week, or the week after that, Can't wait. ::'

I bet my money on Rag and Boneman 2 really soon, he totally avoided my questions, worth a try though, not even a little spoiler in there, was hoping he'd name a few skills content was planned for, just the skill name no specifics :cry:

That's basically what I asked him - we'll see if he answers me.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Whenever you ask about future content, he turns into a mannequin.

Yeah :? I just hope the content team's QA isn't 10 pages of them skirting around questions. Solid confirmations of various updates and changes at the least would be nice

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

A) Hi Kaoru

I was only joking around about sailing, maybe there will be sailing maybe there won't be?

My heart stopped beating for 5 seconds. :ohnoes:

Then the actual sailing release could kill you :lol:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

06-Aug-2009 22:01:05

Q) Mage Dark39

will there be f2p skillcapes?

--------------------------------------

A) No having looked into this more I'm not so sure it's the good idea I first thought it was, the big reason is there is not so much variety for free players at the really high levels and as a result I don't think its the best possible experience for our players to grind away repetitively at the same content for weeks on end.

Naturally members have far more granular progression at high levels so I think this offers the best possible player experience and most importantly its more fun due to all the choice at the high levels.

We are looking at other ways of recognizing our RuneScape Hero's both Free and Members alike, I expect this will be far more popular but its still in the early stages of development at the moment :)

Well, at least he cleared that up :thumbup:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

A) Hi Kaoru

I was only joking around about sailing, maybe there will be sailing maybe there won't be?

Does he think all those lame jokes people do about Sailing, bring it up at every moment are clever and funny? Why is he doing this to us? #-o

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

A) Hi Renderer,

If we could make one thing that was perfect/flawless, it would be a clone of Mod Timbo ;)

What a dodge...

[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/sig.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/GrilledCat1.png[/img]
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/siggygangsterpiano.jpg[/img]

Try not to have a heart attack about the Sailing thing. We have *no* idea what's going to happen with it. We don't know if he was yanking our chain or what.

The actual release though might make those that are unreceptive to change "RAGE QUIT", but chill - we just don't know anything about it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

A) Hi Kaoru

It probably will...

I'll leave my mourners adress somewhere on the computer, so my relatives can post it here.

But honestly, what cabbage is this Q&A? No sorry, I can't tell that, joke joke, harhar, we're working on that, who might know, I'll pass it on...

I'm hoping that the name changing feature comes soon. I've been wanting to change my username (display name) for a while.

The latest scam, Name Changing Scam! or you get hacked and you get your name change to something very unappropriate and can't get your old name back.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

...But honestly, what cabbage is this Q&A? No sorry, I can't tell that, joke joke, harhar, we're working on that, who might know, I'll pass it on...

What the heck good do spoilers do for us? All it does is build up a hype over perceived, assumed notions of something new, then when those fake notions aren't met, the community (read: the ones that didn't take the update at face value) feels let down and tries to tear Jagex a new one on the forums. Besides, he really can't reveal them - Jagex Content Development team would probably flay him alive anyway.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I hope the recycling of Banned usernames will never happen :?

Means you can forgot about appealing.

And even worse: Player hunting and getting them banned so you can 'steal' their name.

And fights over who gets the name first.

A new skill for F2P sounds nice.

But no need to celibrate.

Skill Capes were going to be F2P aswell, afterall :lol:

So far, there have been some interesting answers.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]