06-Aug-09 RuneScape Q&A � Mark Gerhard

Toad

Smellysocks, sorry if this is a stupid question.

But, how do I get on the chat and ask him some questions I have myself?

Basically, you get it typed out ready to be pasted, go to that quickfind code, it's locked because there's 10 pages of questions in under a second, wait until he's answered the last one, get ready to paste and hit enter and hope lol :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Live Q&A is beginning, MMG already answered one question:

Mod Mmg

Jagex Mod

06-Aug-2009 20:18:07

Q) Jeffb87

Thanks for having this Live Q&A.

In the interview with MMOHub you mentioned that you will put "magic effects" into RuneScape like particle effects and specula lighting. Can you tell us something more about that? I don't quite understand what it means for the graphics in RuneScape. And will we see this coming this year?

Another question about those "magic effects" is that I'd like to know when we see those fantastic looking lighting effects from the Abyssal Whip and Zanaris concept art, actually ingame?

------------------

A) Hey Jeff,

Yes we have done a ton of graphical upgrades to the RuneScape game engine that we are now starting to implement, these will improve many things from the ways spells look through to just making the game much more atmospheric, other improvements like speed will also come to the software 3D engine.

Oh joy. More changes to the magic GRAPHICS but not to the skill itself. Fantastic.

It's cause graphics are Upgrayedds. :wall:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Live Q&A is beginning, MMG already answered one question:

Mod Mmg

Jagex Mod

06-Aug-2009 20:18:07

Q) Jeffb87

Thanks for having this Live Q&A.

In the interview with MMOHub you mentioned that you will put "magic effects" into RuneScape like particle effects and specula lighting. Can you tell us something more about that? I don't quite understand what it means for the graphics in RuneScape. And will we see this coming this year?

Another question about those "magic effects" is that I'd like to know when we see those fantastic looking lighting effects from the Abyssal Whip and Zanaris concept art, actually ingame?

------------------

A) Hey Jeff,

Yes we have done a ton of graphical upgrades to the RuneScape game engine that we are now starting to implement, these will improve many things from the ways spells look through to just making the game much more atmospheric, other improvements like speed will also come to the software 3D engine.

Oh joy. More changes to the magic GRAPHICS but not to the skill itself. Fantastic.

I agree,

A new spellbook would be nice ::'

I think, magic above all other combat skills, is lacking in armor.

I'd appreciate something new to wear in the 10m - 20m range.

:)

"God must be asleep."

Q) Guneet52

Is name changing ever going to happen? How will it work if it is done?

-------------

A) Hi Guneet,

Name changing is so close it actually hurts!

Well this sucks, they scrapped the idea for the RSC Cape.

While I'm disappointed at this decision too, it's really not a big deal. It'd just be one more thing to add to the old school 'elitism' clique anyway. Not that I'm calling any RSC players elitist, but it can definitely lead down that road.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Nothing extremely new really, still quite interesting though.

I did want to slap that guy who remarked 'I am just concerned as to whether a person whose account is only in the level 60-80 range would be making the best decisions for what is to be done for the game in the future.'

-.-

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Nothing extremely new really, still quite interesting though.

I did want to slap that guy who remarked 'I am just concerned as to whether a person whose account is only in the level 60-80 range would be making the best decisions for what is to be done for the game in the future.'

-.-

Yeah, I kinda wanted to oust him, too. But hey, what can you expect? They only understand what they're told, and they were told that some level 90 was the CEO. Guess he didn't take into account the other 399 people working there, many of which are not only high levels (I'm sure there are some high levels wandering around there), and that their accounts can instantly go to "max" if they wanted to, anyway. -.-

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Where did they mention the RSC cape being removed? :?

Q) Hi Hamtaro

Will the RSC cape/other item for RSC players in RS2 be available with the release of the cheat servers in a few months, or has the idea been scrapped? If so, will it have a unique emote like a skill cape or a quest point cape?

------------------

A)Hi Hi Hamtaro!

The idea has been scrapped in favour of bringing back the RSC servers.

Gratz on getting you question answer smellysocks, though the answer was only one sentence :wall:. qfc: 13,14,674,59348769,goto,13

I expect username changes to be released next week, or the week after that, Can't wait. ::'

Gratz on getting you question answer smellysocks, though the answer was only one sentence :wall:. qfc: 13,14,674,59348769,goto,13

I expect username changes to be released next week, or the week after that, Can't wait. ::'

I bet my money on Rag and Boneman 2 really soon, he totally avoided my questions, worth a try though, not even a little spoiler in there, was hoping he'd name a few skills content was planned for, just the skill name no specifics :cry:

I bet my money on Rag and Boneman 2 really soon, he totally avoided my questions, worth a try though, not even a little spoiler in there, was hoping he'd name a few skills content was planned for, just the skill name no specifics :cry:

I can't find that forum :?

Can you write your question and answer here?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I can't find that forum :?

Can you write your question and answer here?

It's on the Runescape Official Forums. Tip.It is only a fansite, questions here won't be answered, they have to go in the RSOF thread.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].