Raising Stat Caps

NotoriousPSC

They have loads of content for level 60-99s. That stuff is getting old. High level content is still desperately needed.

Really? The highest requirement for melee armor and weapons is 78, with pvp stuff.

78 is the highest armor in the game. Get 78 and you can wear the best of the best. Why should they skip 78-99 then?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

They have loads of content for level 60-99s. That stuff is getting old. High level content is still desperately needed.

Really? The highest requirement for melee armor and weapons is 78, with pvp stuff.

78 is the highest armor in the game. Get 78 and you can wear the best of the best. Why should they skip 78-99 then?

Because when you said 99-126, I thought you were talking about combat levels, not specific skill levels of attack, defense, strength, mage, range, etc. My bad. :oops:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Still, there are very, VERY few skills that have things at 70+ that people work for.

Many skills have things high up, but they are useless. Like fletching, smithing, agility, ect

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Still, there are very, VERY few skills that have things at 70+ that people work for.

Many skills have things high up, but they are useless. Like fletching, smithing, agility, ect

Oh believe me, I know. All my skills are level 70 plus and they are very boring to train with nothing really to look forward too.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I have stated my idea before... What Jagex can do is, once you hit level 99 a new formula kicks in it doesnt follow the same trajectory as 1-99. it levels out much much more so the xp to get from one level to the next isn't an exponentially larger amount. But to counter this each level gained past level 99 gives you less and less xp as your level increases. So lets you need 1.8mil to go from lv 99 to lv 100 but since your past level 99 now you get 10% xp per everything you do in the skill and at lv 100 you get 13% less xp and so no and so forth. Now you can still get levels and still you have the 200mil xp cap but you can make 200mil xp much harder to get to and you can increase the levels beyond 126. Jagex could apply the mathematics to those players that already has 200m xp and lower their xp to the appropriate level. This i doubt would ever happen but its a fairly straight forward way to add more levels into the game and make it so the levels arent insanely hard to reach becuase the amounts of xp needed to go from one level to the next arnt raising as fast as they would in the 1-99 slop.

I believe the problem with that and the whole 200 mill exp thing has to do with the limit on Java coding.

Nah, they're just greedy bastards. :P

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Long.html :thumbup:

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I guess they're planning on doing it as soon as they get so far in the questlines that we could access stuff that was that advanced. Like maybe in some quest we may even get to be "friends" with the dragonkin and that could do so that with over 100 smithing/mining we could start making our own dragon stuff(not fix it like the platebody).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I think 99 is high enough. It takes enough to get all skills that high.

Yeah, I agree. And changing it to over 99 would mean that Jagex had to change almost the whole game. It would be to much work for to little reward.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Raising hitpoints to like 105-110 wouldnt hurt, as it would give them the ability to release some new spiffy gear as you cant 1 hit pplz anymore then

You know, that makes me think. Each character starts with level 1 on all skills but HP, why not raise the cap (only on HP) to 109? (ofcourse there are cape problems, but other than that?)

Raising hitpoints to like 105-110 wouldnt hurt, as it would give them the ability to release some new spiffy gear as you cant 1 hit pplz anymore then

You know, that makes me think. Each character starts with level 1 on all skills but HP, why not raise the cap (only on HP) to 109? (ofcourse there are cape problems, but other than that?)

not really, just make it so that hp levels a lil faster (a hp point and a bit each level) so by the time you are 13,034,431 exp, you are say, 115 hp or so

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

not really, just make it so that hp levels a lil faster (a hp point and a bit each level) so by the time you are 13,034,431 exp, you are say, 115 hp or so

No, because you DO start with HP exp automaticly...

Jagex needs to suck it up, realize they are going to anger some people, and just change the way smithing and hp (and maybe defense) work. Then they should fill in all the empty levels that skills have with content AND THEN they should address raising the level cap. There is simply no need at this point.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one