Raising Stat Caps

NotoriousPSC

This is something I have been thinkin about for awhile now. How would raising the stat caps affect the game? Jagex could release more high level content, and it would give players who had effectively finished the game something to do. As more time passes, more people are getting to higher combat levels. I know that raising caps would come with a ton of problems, and I'm not endorsing it, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of raising the stat caps.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Well I believe the combat trainer on Tutorial Island was lvl 147 or something like that, and in a certain quest I believe Duradel and a few others are lvl 197, so that could make room for more combat skills. It's definitely a long ways away, but eventually we might get at least another combat level raise. It'd be tough to do without proper resource and production skills balancing it though. ;)

I would hope they never raise the caps above 99, it's been such a perfect number.

Like Skillz said, the number 99 is looks good and they can only go up to 126.

Well I believe the combat trainer on Tutorial Island was lvl 147 or something like that, and in a certain quest I believe Duradel and a few others are lvl 197, so that could make room for more combat skills. It's definitely a long ways away, but eventually we might get at least another combat level raise. It'd be tough to do without proper resource and production skills balancing it though. ;)

Yes, raising CB would work.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I could not see Jagex ever changing the level cap, Although yes, there are numerous people with 200million xp in 1 skill, which i guess you could call "level 126", the average player would not have half of that xp in their entire account. Let alone in 1 skill. Your average player pushes their limits for 13mill xp in 1 skill(lvl99)

Jagex needs to accomodate for the "part time" players as much as the "fulltimers"

Not to mention, Jagex struggle to accomodate for the high level content as it is, imagine adding another 27 levels on top of your combat stats.

I would prefer that they do not raise the level cap above level 99. It would look odd and even the easier skills take many hours to max out. To ask people to hit for example 200 million exp is crazy in my opinion. On top of that there is the issue than many skills end around level 85 or so.

Not every skill has gaps, though. For example, smithing is stuffed to the gills with no openings below 99.

But if you add in new things above 100, then that calls into question skill mastery capes at 99. And if you move the capes to 126, you piss off a lot of cape owners.

I imagine if the folks at Planet Jagex had it all to do over again, the capes would be at 126. But now... inertia is a powerful force.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Not every skill has gaps, though. For example, smithing is stuffed to the gills with no openings below 99.

But if you add in new things above 100, then that calls into question skill mastery capes at 99. And if you move the capes to 126, you piss off a lot of cape owners.

I imagine if the folks at Planet Jagex had it all to do over again, the capes would be at 126. But now... inertia is a powerful force.

making the capes a real achievement again

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

making the capes a real achievement again

Why not just make it an upgraded cape that costs 126k?

Nah, I think the game is too set in stone to be changed that much. That update would really only appeal to a small hardcore group of people....13m xp is hard enough for most people to get. There's not even content for most levels 80+ in any skill so no reason for there to be conent beyond 99. Who would want to grind that much anyway? If you want to grind 99 cooking 20 times over just to cook a whale or something be my guest. ::'

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

If Duradel is lvl 197, how can he have an untrimmed slayer cape?

OT: Not that I'm for it, but why is lvl 126 the max? Is it because of the 200m xp limit now? Whats keeping that from getting higher besides a new xp and highscores system?

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

If Duradel is lvl 197, how can he have an untrimmed slayer cape?

OT: Not that I'm for it, but why is lvl 126 the max? Is it because of the 200m xp limit now? Whats keeping that from getting higher besides a new xp and highscores system?

the maximum number in game is 2.147b, and since experiance is counted decimally, the maximum experiance would be 214,7m, which is still level 126 and an odd number... Raising the number cap would be difficult beyond mesure.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Another possibilty is to change the experience needed to get a level, so lets say 26m for lvl 99 instead of 13m, and 162 instead of 81 for lvl 2.

The biggest downside is that loads of people will have barrows armour, whips, dragon or anything else they suddenly can't wear or use, so Jagex needs to redo all the requirements for skills, so people with 740k defence xp (level 70) can still wear barrows, making the requirement 370k xp, level 63.

Level 99 would become ~92 So skills like smithing would not be stuffed and there would be room for epic new armours.

Another downside is that armours and weapons should be made weaker, or the new high level armour and weapons will all be 1-hit Ko weapons.

But if Jagex did thit, the amount of rants from people with 13,034,432 xp in a skill would be insane :s

Raising hitpoints to like 105-110 wouldnt hurt, as it would give them the ability to release some new spiffy gear as you cant 1 hit pplz anymore then

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I think 99 is high enough. It takes enough to get all skills that high.

For the average player yes. Been playing for 7 years and still no 99s. Still though tons of people who'd love to take their levels up higher.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Yes they could put out higher level content for 99-126, but what about content for.. 60-99 first?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I have stated my idea before... What Jagex can do is, once you hit level 99 a new formula kicks in it doesnt follow the same trajectory as 1-99. it levels out much much more so the xp to get from one level to the next isn't an exponentially larger amount. But to counter this each level gained past level 99 gives you less and less xp as your level increases. So lets you need 1.8mil to go from lv 99 to lv 100 but since your past level 99 now you get 10% xp per everything you do in the skill and at lv 100 you get 13% less xp and so no and so forth. Now you can still get levels and still you have the 200mil xp cap but you can make 200mil xp much harder to get to and you can increase the levels beyond 126. Jagex could apply the mathematics to those players that already has 200m xp and lower their xp to the appropriate level. This i doubt would ever happen but its a fairly straight forward way to add more levels into the game and make it so the levels arent insanely hard to reach becuase the amounts of xp needed to go from one level to the next arnt raising as fast as they would in the 1-99 slop.

I have stated my idea before... What Jagex can do is, once you hit level 99 a new formula kicks in it doesnt follow the same trajectory as 1-99. it levels out much much more so the xp to get from one level to the next isn't an exponentially larger amount. But to counter this each level gained past level 99 gives you less and less xp as your level increases. So lets you need 1.8mil to go from lv 99 to lv 100 but since your past level 99 now you get 10% xp per everything you do in the skill and at lv 100 you get 13% less xp and so no and so forth. Now you can still get levels and still you have the 200mil xp cap but you can make 200mil xp much harder to get to and you can increase the levels beyond 126. Jagex could apply the mathematics to those players that already has 200m xp and lower their xp to the appropriate level. This i doubt would ever happen but its a fairly straight forward way to add more levels into the game and make it so the levels arent insanely hard to reach becuase the amounts of xp needed to go from one level to the next arnt raising as fast as they would in the 1-99 slop.

I believe the problem with that and the whole 200 mill exp thing has to do with the limit on Java coding.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.