Dev. blog - RuneTek 5, 26 August

pepijn777

I hope we get top notch skyboxes.

Eg dynamic texture based on what is actually in the distance

some scaling effects etc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*snip image*

A starting arrow has been added to your world map?

Dibs on an 'exploring' skill.

I think it could be now :o It could be a skill requirement for quests and stuff, like you need level 20 to 'find' Aprosandra or something daft like that :lol:

Dark_Jab.png

That starting arrow thing just seems to me like a way to get around the map easily. You open the world map, click a place you want to go to and you'll have an arrow guide taking you there or something? Or maybe an update to those new games items that let you have races and stuff.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

*snip image*

I think it could be now :o It could be a skill requirement for quests and stuff, like you need level 20 to 'find' Aprosandra or something daft like that :lol:

Now all we need is an exploring tune and remove most of it like they do in movies.

Edit: I have no idea why they would need a tab for that ninja.

*snip image*

isn't that one of the things from faruqs tools for games?

I don't care. Didn't care about last year's HD upgrade either. Furthermore, I find many of the graphical updates to be unnecessarily animated i.e. the new finishing move style abyssal whip attack, the ridiculous appearance of scimitars, and HD characters looking... wonky. The only word I can think of to describe it.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Resizable... SD... =P~

What, there was more?

Resizable... SD... =P~

*shrieks in glee* RESIZABLE STANDARD DETAIL! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

... Yeah. I wants me some resizable standard detail. Mostly because small window feels like, well... a window, and a small one to boot. /captainobvious

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I'm intrigued at how Skyboxes will work.

Currently, you load a small square of map when you walk, and each time you get closer to the next square it will load it and remove the one you were standing on. Back in RT3 you could notice the black areas where the game hasn't loaded yet, and when it said Loading on the top of the screen the rest of the land would appear.

So how will Skyboxes work without using Fog? Unless they have completely revamped the system so that it loads a much larger square of land, which I think would make me love this game even more. What if they update it to where you could see from the top of lumbridge castle, all the way to draynor village (However that seems completely unlikely to happen). It would further allow skyboxes.

Stellactic.gif

The current view distance seems so tiny when you're playing in resizable/fs. I'd like to see an option to customize it, though skyboxes may suffice...we'll see.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

I miss RuneTek 3 :(

Why you miss it? It's still there LOL

now... if you mean EARLY RuneTek3...

On topic: I'm afraid they would make us download something, or make the requirements of SD higher... then the game would lose a lot of costumers

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

090826220321.png

clearly not a dragon long or a d scimmy to many straight lines? also he is holding it like a wand like weapon.... somthign to do with a new skill/mini game/quest.

looks like a red night stick. or a batton maybe. the chat box also refers to some start arrow that means you are head to the finish arrow either via race/clue/target a goal of some sort is at the finish arrow.

oh hmm... a odd new weapon, the guy is on some docks where there are boats, *thinks harder* maybe a team symbol for boat racing? OMFG SAILING SKILL!!!

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

The slight graphic changes I noticed were in the mini-map and the water...those were immediately noticeable, as was the blur placed over the tab button. I sure would like to know what features it will have that make it worth a tab.

[hide=]d long

090826222128a.png

d scimmy

090826222135r.png[/hide]

I love that you sought out a solution and took in-game picks like that...it's a skill that will serve you well in life...

I recall talk of particle effects in animating magic spells.

perhaps tht will be part of a future animation pack?

Also speculation of weather intrigues me - it would sit well with skyboxes and improved lighting etc

But also recall the being of the fairy quest series we were employed by mister farmer as the season were all out of whack and ruining crops...the season are out of whack due to the fairies...the fairy quest line is ending soon.

Perhaps the end of their story will bring us weather?

Considering that Uri's always telling me that he thinks it's rainy in Varrock, there must be weather someplace in the RS universe...pity we're always missing it.

I don't think that's coming in an update, but it would be neat to have a graphical option for it.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Inter-level shadow rendering comment intrigues me

If shadows are rendering between levels this would imply npcs/players have the potential to render between levels.

Could this perhaps be a step towards (for thoose who meet the higher specs atleast) being able to see players say in lumbridge courtyard while on the roof?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If shadows are rendering between levels this would imply npcs/players have the potential to render between levels.

Could this perhaps be a step towards (for thoose who meet the higher specs atleast) being able to see players say in lumbridge courtyard while on the roof?

I think it's something learnt from the development of mechscape, it's really emerging front runners of graphical advancements for an mmorpg, for me texture wise its better than WoW, also think this is preperation for consoles.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Sure the pictures don't look all that improved at present, but once again with updates like these, what they are like when they are introduced is very inconsequential. It's what they're capable in the future that's worthwhile.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Sure the pictures don't look all that improved at present, but once again with updates like these, what they are like when they are introduced is very inconsequential. It's what they're capable in the future that's worthwhile.

SD looks pretty different, but HD looks somewhat the same. But you're right, it is about what's to come in the future.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think it's something learnt from the development of mechscape, it's really emerging front runners of graphical advancements for an mmorpg, for me texture wise its better than WoW, also think this is preperation for consoles.

Why to people keep meitoning consoles with this likes its something shocking and hidden when the dev blog clearly says runetek five is designed to support the current graphic methods as well as opengl direct x and various consoles.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Why to people keep meitoning consoles with this likes its something shocking and hidden when the dev blog clearly says runetek five is designed to support the current graphic methods as well as opengl direct x and various consoles.

I think it's the same group of people who watch the History channel to learn about conspiracy theories.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.