Any Hip-Hop/Rap listeners?

Haneet

Some stuff from "Cerberus". They got some amazing stuff up their soundclick.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=111080

Go their, listen to his tracks on HiFi. Not really normal rap, lyric wise, it's really special and very good IMO.

Their lyrics are really something else too.

You can find lyrics of my fav. song here.

part of the lyrcs:

i centre my strength and dismember your men,

tattoo my name on your skin with a venomous pen

my mentalÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a den for hells most malevolent sin,

i strangled a ***** angel and severed his wings,

im deadening kings wit my tenebrous hymns,

I steadily grin as i sever your limbs,

my devilish whim unsettle the most heavenly kin,

ascetic and fatal unleash the devil within

Benevolent when...the cherubim takes us

creates us then makes us creatures with a Stake lust

Your Fates done, I resurrected in Cain's blood

I maim tongues then take lungs look out when the vain come

It's random, ascetic the shaman with his tantrums

we tear the heart from the man..that made Adam..

phantasm's invoke the spirit of the rudest

six elder Buddhists, we the sick souls of Judas

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, mainstream hip hop and rap is mostly uh.. poop. A lot of it has no real meaning, and is all about raking in those dollars. :?

I wholeheartedly agree..

50 Cent featuring Mobb Deep - Outta Control <- that's a good song, but not because of 50.. Mobb Deep is one of the true stars of the genre, always will be.

I like hip-hop artists like Sage Francis, Dilated Peoples, Jurassic 5, Lyrics Born, Ugly Duckling, Lifesavas, Atmosphere, Blackalicious, The Roots..

There are some great UK MC's around too, like Roots Manuva, Ty, Dizzee Rascal.

It may sound funny but we have a great scene here in Aus too, artists like Koolism, Hilltop Hoods, Urthboy, 1200 Techniques, Bliss n Eso.. and alot more.

IMO, these are my more highly liked rappers:

Eminem- My all time favorite, his new album "Encore" definetly did not meet my expectation, but his best album was "The Eminem Show"

Dr. Dre- Some call him the greatest, he definetly is in that catergory, among the best.

Bone Thugs N' Harmony- You dont really hear from them anymore, but the had some of the better songs when they were around like Crossroads and Thug Luv.

50 Cent- DEFINETLY overrated, he has some good songs that arent mainstream like "Gatman and Robin" and "This is 50"

I have a few others but dont feel like typing

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

I'm a big fan of the whole Shady Records Label, I can't wait for Dr. Dre's upcoming album name "Detox", it's gonna be crazy.

Eminem is a favourite of mine too. As for G-Unit... 50's first Album was good, as was G-Unit's album Beg for Mercy and Lloyd Bank's Hunger for More, but it's all gone downhill from there..

Kanye West's lastest album was great, I like laods of the songs, my favourites would have to be Gone and Hey Mama, but they're all prettyg ood 8)

But has anyone heard anything from Saigon? I got his "Greatest Story Never Told" CD, its great, I don't think he's been signed or anything yet, but look out for him, I'm really feeling what hes saying.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

I am a pretty big fan. My fav album would definetly be Chronic 2001 by Dre. Its just such a good album the whole way through.

Kanye is awesome, but i really didnt like Late Registration anywhere near as much as College dropout, infact i dont listen to late registration at all.

Eminem isnt bad but i much prefer some of his new stuff which seems to have alot more meaning behind it, D12 isnt bad either, Proofs new song is pretty cool.

seph54646lrlr.jpg

I've been listening to Hip Hop for years, mainly:

D.I.T.C.

Big L

Lord Finesse

2pac

Nas

Big PUN

Immortal Technique

C.R.E.A.M. Cartel

Wu Tang

Getting more into my RnB at the moment though, its a bit more chilled out, like:

Tyrese

T-Pain

TQ

Craig David :oops:

and then theres the classic mo-town and old school tunes by:

Kool & The Gang

Marvin Gaye

Bill Withers

Ben E. King

Just to name a few..

I doubt too many on these forums will listen to many of the artists i'v listed though :wink:

Go on... prove me wrong :wink:

Wow, Peace, that's a long time ago! :o

TQ still makes music? I remember one or two albums by him that we were into like 9 years ago. :o A couple of years ago he made that duet with the semi-sexy woman with her huge nose, what's her name again? I think the song was called "French Kissing"....

Ah, googled her name, it's Sarah Connor But after that song I haven't heard anything of him.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Its been a while :wink:

Im not sure what the deal with TQ is but he's either recently brought out a new album or the radio stations i listen to have suddenly decided to play some of his songs again lol.

The last song I heard by TQ is called "I Remember" Featuring Jagged Edge.

Oh and 50 cents new album is terrible. (In my opinion) He's so cocky now. I wish he would make more songs that actually have meaning instead of sex, money, and stuff. Thats why I hate G-Unit. They are not gangsters...

The last song I heard by TQ is called "I Remember" Featuring Jagged Edge.

Oh and 50 cents new album is terrible. (In my opinion) He's so cocky now. I wish he would make more songs that actually have meaning instead of sex, money, and stuff. Thats why I hate G-Unit. They are not gangsters...

Excatly :!:

I didn't know he made any songs that meant anything. :roll:

And btw, 50 cent has a bulletproof car, I believe.. how gangsta is that? :o

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Ahahaha! Having a bulletproof car doesn't mean your gangster, it means alot of people hate you.

And I thought maybe one song made sense by 50 cent... but now that I think of it no songs by him mean anything. Guess I was pretty tired last night.

Ahahaha! Having a bulletproof car doesn't mean your gangster, it means alot of people hate you.

And I thought maybe one song made sense by 50 cent... but now that I think of it no songs by him mean anything. Guess I was pretty tired last night.

I hope you recognized the sarcasm in that post...

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

There is it :lol:

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

There is it :lol:

I know he was being sarcastic you [wagon]

Agreed.. Also has anyone heard 300 bars and running by: The Game ?

People who don't like him, give it a chance.. I'm not a Game fan myself, but it's actually 15 minutes of him coming at 50 cent. The beat changes throughout, it's one of my favorite cuts the last few years.

Anyone that wants it will have to download it, it isn't on any album, it was just released to the radio. For all you conservative types that are opposed to file sharing lol.

Oldschool is better: Run-D.M.C., Beastie Boys, etc...

Seriously. The reason is that I like classic rock, and during hip-hop's infancy, everything was experimental; as such, much "borrowing" in instrumental style was done from other genres, most notably rock, which is why you have awesome songs like Rock Box and No Sleep Till Brooklyn, where a guitar or traditional rock instrument provides rhythm and/or does a solo.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

I'm a firm believer in hip hop, and a bit of rap. *looks at avatar*

i like xzibit, ludacris, OUKAST! and a bunch of others, including, but not limited to: 2pac, DMX, l'il john, Eminem, Nelly, Jay-Z, Chingy, P. Diddy, Notorious BIG, LLCoolJ and others. But i dont like 50 cent and g-unit, because as mentioned before they try to be what they arent ("gangstas") and they rap about stuff without rapping about anything in particular, if you get what i mean.

Been listening to alot of Snoop lately.