Any Hip-Hop/Rap listeners?

Haneet

There's alot of rock music topics around, and I don't like it so I thought I'd make a topic about Hip Hop. So what new songs have you been hearing lately. I like these for now:

Grind On Me - Pretty Ricky (The censored version sounds better IMO)

Like A Pimp - David Banner and Lil Flip (Real G music, love it right now)

Im A Pimp - Lil Keke, Mike Jones, Paul Wall (Fast track, like this one)

Thats it for now. What ones do you like?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a silly person? Would that be the wonderful tip.it censor at work again?

Anyway, i'm not much of a rap fan but i'm not going to bash it. If i had to listen to any rap it would probably be 2pac, i liked some of the things he wrote about, it wasn't just about money and girls like it is now.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Anyway, i'm not much of a rap fan but i'm not going to bash it. If i had to listen to any rap it would probably be 2pac, i liked some of the things he wrote about, it wasn't just about money and girls like it is now.

Rizla, i think you'll find Kanye West has more to say than that. You should give him a listen...

I used to be a big Rap fan, but in my opinion, the Game/50 Beef ruined it. It made me see how much of it really is media crap that they invent.

Good luck with this thread not getting ruined, alot of Rap Bashers around here.

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

IMO, mainstream hip hop and rap is mostly uh.. poop. A lot of it has no real meaning, and is all about raking in those dollars. :?

I do listen to some though. Kanye rocks.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

IMO, mainstream hip hop and rap is mostly uh.. poop. A lot of it has no real meaning, and is all about raking in those dollars. :?

I'm more or less in the same boat. After the golden era of Deathrow and so on we've only had individual rap artists who are anywhere near good. First of all Eminem, now Kanye West, who I think has to be one of my favourites of all time. Thing is for Kanye and Eminem, they're the only ones of their era and the rest of the scene is dramatically letting it down.

I listen to rap. And I also listen to rock music , and 'gothic' music, and metal and classics and w/e.

I think rap has got the same problem as mainstream rock bands. They don't sound great and 'they're only in it for the money', with some exceptions of course, there are rap artist that are in it for the money, but make great music too. I love the last Kanye West album, I also like tupac, Xzibit, Talib Kweli (!) and a lot of others.

Also, to people who bash the rap scene with arguements such as "they only steal other peoples melodies", I can't stand those people and they are completely ignorant. People moan about how tupac used "changes", but they never moan about how Clapton used "I shot the Sherif" from Bob Marley, or how Jimi Hendrix covered All Along the Watchtower from Dylan, or how Guns 'n' Roses used Knokin'on Heavens Door from Dylan, and so on, and so on. It's a completely flawed arguement, it happens in EVERY music scene.

[edit] People who start bashin Eminem are lame, you might not like the music, but atleast respect it.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I only really listen to hip hop/rap, and yeh there isn't any really good songs outl lately.

Grind with me is ok I suppose and will be a good club song probably. Hey mama and Gone off Late Registration are good. Drama Setter(yayo, eminem, obie trice) off yayos album is quite good aswell.

Nothing else really worth a mention that i've heard lately.

X1nPw.png

--The Ultimate RuneScape Merchanting Website --

i listen to hip-hop/rap quite a lot ...

this is wut i could think of now :

Kanye West

2-Pac

Pretty Ricky - Grind with me , Your body

Bow Wow - Let me hold you , Like you

Ying Yang Twins - Badd

Will Smith - Party starter

50 Cent featuring Mobb Deep - Outta control

Frankie J - How to deal

All you Kanye West fans out there, explain to me how you can listen to someone who says "George Bush hates black people?" I know it should be about the music and many artists I listen too are [bleep]s in real life, but c'mon. That's the stupidest comment I have ever heard.

~On topic, I liked rap when I was little, but then I grew out of it and was only exposed to the mainstream stuff which just isn't any good.

Literally, the few rap songs I've heard (with some exceptions) seem to be mostly about having a lot of money and getting the '[garden tools]'

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I listen to rap music, 2 Pac, Biggie smalls, T.I, and maybe a few others are the type of artist I listen to. I produce electronic tracks for rappers in my area but I must say, The Neptunes are my favorite producer(s), they are super original and smooth at their work.

Song I've recently heard: Curious/Pimpin by Tony Yayo; Hey, what can I say about? Listen to it for yourself :P

gors2.gif

i have all his albums :D because he rose above the crap most rappers rap about and actually wrote real poetry in his RAP (Rythm and Poetry)

As for 2005, it has been a horrible year in the hip-hop/rap world

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I do listen some rap.

Some rappers I like

Dr Dre - chronic 2001 8)

Snoop Dogg - His music is ok I just watch his videos to have a laugh really

DMX - Has some good songs like Party up :oops:

I really Hate G-UNIT and 50 Cent, their the worst rappers ive ever heard.

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

2pac is/was good but a little too mainstream now.

Kanye is good, i like his songs and the fact that he's so 'different'.

Eminem, in my opinion, used to be great but then started gettin further mainstream and just raps about useless stuff now when he used to make productive music.

G-Unit, in my opinion, are just shyt. They just took the whole gansta/money/etc angle and overplayed it. To those who enjoy G-Unit, try listening to their lyrics - they're really poor. But I did like Outta Control (Mobb Deep / 50 Cent) cause it had a nice beat to it.

If anyone managed to grab the new Cunninlynguists album recently, its worth a listen. I've only really heard "Nothing to Give" and "Love Aint" (and a few others), but they sound pretty good.

few others worth a mention too.

Eminem, in my opinion, used to be great but then started gettin further mainstream and just raps about useless stuff now when he used to make productive music.

G-Unit, in my opinion, are just shyt. They just took the whole gansta/money/etc angle and overplayed it. To those who enjoy G-Unit, try listening to their lyrics - they're really poor. But I did like Outta Control (Mobb Deep / 50 Cent) cause it had a nice beat to it.

Eminem started to rap about MORE serious things the farther he got into his career. You don't see him rapping about ball cancer anymore now, do you?

And yes, I despise G-Unit. They claim to be gangsta, but theyr'e far from it. And I heard 50 cent has a bulletproof car; Oh.. so gangsta.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

[edit] People who start bashin Eminem are lame, you might not like the music, but atleast respect it.

Honestly, I hate 9/10ths of Eminem's music but I like him because he's so funny. I love most of his music videos just because of the zany humor.

As far as the rest of rap goes. I don't like much of it so I only listen to it occasionally. I see that a lot of them are just major gold diggers, riding the wave of fame that other people started. That makes me dislike most rap, some of it is acceptable.

What I really can't stand is "gangster rap" that in any way encourages youth to live that life style. People that promote such horrific behavior and corrupt the thinking of the youth of our world are criminals in my opinion. Because of the things they hear in music their view of the world becomes jaded and they end up thinking things, like for instance that the only way they'll ever get anywhere is to join a gang because no one will hire them at a real job. Also that when they stand up for themselves that they need to do so in a violent way in order to gain respect, or that to survive they have to join a gang so that they arn't just fighting for themselves.

If they're just rapping about various gang related parts of their past in a way that doesn't glamorize it, it's one thing. However promoting all of that just makes me sick to my stomach.

Eminem started to rap about MORE serious things the farther he got into his career. You don't see him rapping about ball cancer anymore now, do you?

And yes, I despise G-Unit. They claim to be gangsta, but theyr'e far from it. And I heard 50 cent has a bulletproof car; Oh.. so gangsta.

actually his car is bombproof :D

I agree about 50 cent tho, ever since he started with G-unit he's gone downhill. I liked his album get rich or die tryin including songs:

Patiently waiting

21 Questions

In da Club

P.I.M.P

Many Men

Now he's just gone 100% into gangsta rap which i loathe. Big difference between hip-hop and gangsta rap

As for Eminem, i think his high-light songs are

Hailey's Song

Mockingbird

Loose Yourself

Sing for the Moment

Sure there are other songs I like, but only because of the beat. Me gusta Hailey's Song and Mockingbird especially because it shows his love of his daughter

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I found "The Way I am" and "Kim" pretty good too, Kim is such a rough song.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Can anyone recommend me any good rap albums? My gf is into rap and I know nothing about it :(

Tell her to get an Audioscrobbler plugin and then look at her reccomended bands ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12