Untrimmed Cape

Gandalf14141

Is there anyway to keep a skill cape untrimmed after you receive a 2nd 99? I heard that you could drop your cape, get 99, telegrab it and it would remain untrimmed. Does this still work or is there something new?

Thanks

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Telegrabbing does not work, but if you die, get the 99, and retrieve the cape from you grave it may work (not sure if they fixed this yet).

Oh, would never have thought about this, thanks

[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Why would you want to keep a cape untrimmed? They have worse stats than a trimmed cape.

Because you can wear an untrimmed hits/slayer cape and make everyone impressed, then pop on a trimmed cape and confuse the hell out of them.

Why would you want to keep a cape untrimmed? They have worse stats than a trimmed cape.

Because you can wear an untrimmed hits/slayer cape and make everyone impressed, then pop on a trimmed cape and confuse the hell out of them.

+1

But I think having an EPIC 99 untrimmed would be cool, but also having the other 99's too.

Like 99 RC untrimmed and then have like 99 WC and stuff.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

If you want to take all possible precautions, die in f2p, get your 99 in f2p, telegrab your untrimmed cape from your grave. If that doesn't work, nothing probably will.

Is it possible to pick up a members object from a grave on a F2P world? You might want to test this first.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Call me dumb, but I'd like to keep my first cape untrimmed. Even if it is fletching, it's got a little sentimental value of having it untrimmed.

If you want to take all possible precautions, die in f2p, get your 99 in f2p, telegrab your untrimmed cape from your grave. If that doesn't work, nothing probably will.

Is it possible to pick up a members object from a grave on a F2P world? You might want to test this first.

I will try this, when firemaking is getting closer to 99

[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png

grammar2gr8dx.png

Yes, you're simply unable to use/wield it. I've had a long long break in f2p due to lacking credit card.. Walked around with full dragon in my inventory for three years as a result.

#-o

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

You don't even have to die, just drop it on a F2P world, get the 99, then telegrab it. I just tried it two days ago.

Oh, alright thanks ::' :thumbsup:

[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png

grammar2gr8dx.png

You don't even have to die, just drop it on a F2P world, get the 99, then telegrab it. I just tried it two days ago.

Oh, alright thanks ::' :thumbsup:

The only requirement would be that your second 99 is one you can get in f2p.

2dvjurb.png

• 9 months later...

Even if it is a bug, it's not harmful to anybody else, just looks appealing to the user. I've kept my constitution cape untrimmed, even with summoning. I just died on a F2P world, hopped onto a P2P world, got 99 summoning, then hopped back to F2P and quickly telegrabbed my untrimmed capes. I had around 3 minutes remaining, with the 6 minute grave.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

• 4 months later...

Second 99 CAN be a P2P skill. You just need to hop worlds.

Though taking into account of the world switching times.. leaves you about 15 seconds to get the second 99.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Though taking into account of the world switching times.. leaves you about 15 seconds to get the second 99.

Don't know how this got bumped, but anyway....

You could have a friend bless your grave couldn't you?

[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png

grammar2gr8dx.png

Don't know how this got bumped, but anyway....

You could have a friend bless your grave couldn't you?

Pretty sure you can. This is what I plan on doing when I get 99 summoning in the next week or so. I like having my untrimmed HP cape, and just standing around the G.E. switching between untrimmed and trimmed and watch all the noobs flock to me spamming with "H0wed u do that??!?!" and "BUG ABUSER!!! REPORTED!!!" Always gives me a good laugh. Then I just explain that they can report me all they want, it's not like Jagex gives a damn if you want to keep a cape with lesser stats that gives you no advantage whatsoever in the game. If they actually cared, they'd have fixed this a LONG time ago.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.