Yet another Jagex interview [30 august]

Bauke

ss_preview_shot5.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

ss_preview_shot6.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

looks pretty cool. if they never make another interesting update in RS again at least MS might be promising. no skills and no experience makes me pretty curious though lol. conquering millions of planets doesn't sound much better but I'll wait to see

and for the record the fact that F2Pers can play for as long as they want to whatever level they want and have access to more than half of the skills in the game removes any question of F2P being a demo

trouble_800x600.jpg

castlewars_800x600.jpg

Do those look like Runescape? No? Point made.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks pretty cool. if they never make another interesting update in RS again at least MS might be promising. no skills and no experience makes me pretty curious though lol. conquering millions of planets doesn't sound much better but I'll wait to see

and for the record the fact that F2Pers can play for as long as they want to whatever level they want and have access to more than half of the skills in the game removes any question of F2P being a demo

trouble_800x600.jpg

castlewars_800x600.jpg

well if you read the second sentence of my post you might have noticed that it's mechscape? no? point made.

it's updated weekly

Was this update done last year? If not then they are lieing out of their [wagon].

It's like saying "I go to school from Monday-Friday". Do you really go to school every weekday? Of course not but most of the time you do during a school year. Jagex updates almost every week; sure they miss a few here and there but for the most part they stand true to weekly updates.

Uh, yes some of us do.

And no, they don't update the game almost every week. Compare their updates to 2 years ago. Behind The Scenes at the beginning of the month and a true weekly update.

trouble_800x600.jpg

castlewars_800x600.jpg

well if you read the second sentence of my post you might have noticed that it's mechscape? no? point made.

No, point not made. I was saying that those are wallpapers made by artists about Runescape. Runescape looks NOTHING like that. The same principle can apply what you posted. So don't assume Mechscape's gonna look anywhere near that good.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Jagex should quit with the BS that "RuneScape is a free game, you can pay to unlock extra content though". The RuneScape F2P world is just a small chunk of the real deal, half of the skills and areas are incomplete, everywhere you can see people, dungeon entrances and interactable objects telling you to upgrade. It's a demo, no matter what they say.

If F2P is a demo, then what would that make Runescape when it was F2P only? P2P is the expansion of the game, since it was an update after all.

Also, do you know of any demos that people will play for years and years without paying for the real deal?

Yes but how is that defined? IP addresses? People change IP addresses over time. And they might just create multiple accounts over time. I don't think there's a precise way to measure individual users, and therefore I wonder what method was used.

I was wondering that too.

I think a lot of the Demo argument boils down to different peoples take on what a demo is,

Define: demo

show: give an exhibition of to an interested audience;"We will demo the new software in Washington"

demonstration: a visual presentation showing how something works; "the lecture was accompanied by dramatic demonstrations";

Not that google is the Lord and Master of definitions, but to me neither of those remind me of Rs f2p.

Historically I think Rs f2p cannot be called a demo, the P2p aspect where built as an expansion. The difference being between the expansion of say FPS multiplayer maps and P2P MMO content being that the P2P MMO content will likely become boring fast and to justify a monthly fee being payed out needs constant expanding. So the P2P elements grew and grew while the F2P game stayed relatively the same. Just because the payed aspects now dwarf the free aspects in some ways does not reduce the free game to being a demo at all, imo.

Anyway I guess it doesnt matter, peoples perceptions of a demo are just different. Personally I dont believe you can call a game with hundreds of hours of content (if not thousands) and no real ending a demo, regardless of how much bigger the P2p aspect is.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

No, point not made. I was saying that those are wallpapers made by artists about Runescape. Runescape looks NOTHING like that. The same principle can apply what you posted. So don't assume Mechscape's gonna look anywhere near that good.

Those pictures were made by MechScape artists (The graphic artists that work for Jagex at MechScape).

trouble_800x600.jpg

castlewars_800x600.jpg

oh sorry, your point would have been better if the links worked :P

I suppose you're right about RS not looking similar to the concept art but it does give a rough idea, and the pictures do lead one to expect exciting (at least for RSers) things like spaceships, and I won't lie the cities look cool too

trouble_800x600.jpg

castlewars_800x600.jpg

oh sorry, your point would have been better if the links worked :P

I suppose you're right about RS not looking similar to the concept art but it does give a rough idea, and the pictures do lead one to expect exciting (at least for RSers) things like spaceships, and I won't lie the cities look cool too

Yes they do look cool, picture 5 intruges me the most though, it looks a lot like the River Lum, so is it a possibility that it is based on the same world but completely different concept, theme and gamplay style?

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

There are plenty of MMOs that are Sci-Fi related. However, none of them are super huge. And some of them probably shouldn't be classified under "MMORPG" and rather under MMO strategy games etc. But there are plenty of Sci-Fi based MMOs. Starwars Galaxies, Eve Online etc.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

There are plenty of MMOs that are Sci-Fi related. However, none of them are super huge. And some of them probably shouldn't be classified under "MMORPG" and rather under MMO strategy games etc. But there are plenty of Sci-Fi based MMOs. Starwars Galaxies, Eve Online etc.

They were'nt there the time someone in jagex said, "let's do an mmo in sci-fi theme."