Onyx (i) vs Warrior (i) vs Berserker (i)

Anon523

I'd say Onyx (i) due to its overall bonuses. It's kind of like a Fury vs Range ammy vs Str ammy debacle. You either get good overall stats, great attack bonus stats, or good strength bonus. I don't remember the thread, but someone did a calculation that the 30 hours spent to get that Berserker (i) is better spent training unless you are planning on getting 156m+ xp in strength.

I would vote Onyx.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Hi.

I'll be doing mostly slayer.

Thanks.

How about save some time and use Ring of Life. It can and does save peoples lives. Hell... Saved mine more than once and tasks where i wander off or get something to drink.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

If you are ONLY getting 1 ring, then get Onyx got the best overall usefulness.

But since you're getting 300 rank, you should have more than enough points to get all 3 a few times over.

But since you're getting 300 rank, you should have more than enough points to get all 3 a few times over.

This, but I would avoid getting Warrior(i) until you have archer and seer. This is because you would use warrior while meleing, and berserker is better for that.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

This, but I would avoid getting Warrior(i) until you have archer and seer. This is because you would use warrior while meleing, and berserker is better for that.

Maybe not Seers ring, but yes to the Archer. Seers ring isn't very useful. There is actually no use for it. You don't typically use magic on slayer, so that's out. For training magic at locations such as Skele Monkeys and Rock lobs, the bonus gives no noticeable difference, since you only need about +100. For boss monsters that you mage, such as Rex, you probably want to run a Ring of Life or use Onyx (i) for the defense bonuses.

I personally took the Warrior ring, because I never really range too much.

Personally, I got both onyx (i) and berserker (i). I felt that the onyx ring was great for when I'm training range or mage while the zerker ring was better for slaying (and melee in general). The other rings I sold on the GE.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Are these really worth the loss of the almighty RoW?

Yes.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Reaassooonnnsssss?

RoW sucks.

And the abilities of the other rings make doing things easier. For slaying i find getting tasks done faster and having time to make money some other way a good option.

Also when grinding you rather have items that increase attack/str/def to increase exp/hr and staying time.

But if you like you can use the RoW. I just don't like it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Reaassooonnnsssss?

RoW sucks.

And the abilities of the other rings make doing things easier. For slaying i find getting tasks done faster and having time to make money some other way a good option.

Also when grinding you rather have items that increase attack/str/def to increase exp/hr and staying time.

But if you like you can use the RoW. I just don't like it.

Anything that gives me a better chance of a drop I'll use, I need the money >.>

But me?

Grinding?

Hah.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Personally I think that it depends on what your doing which one is best,

But Onyx prices are most likely going to skyrocket now that they cost 2.7m tokkul.

Everything dealing with tokkul is now x10.

Example: You can sell fire runes for 10x the previous amount to the rune store.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

I don't remember the thread, but someone did a calculation that the 30 hours spent to get that Berserker (i) is better spent training unless you are planning on getting 156m+ xp in strength.

I would vote Onyx.

I'm really curious to see this thread, does anybody know the link?

Pretty sure that was through torso, not zerker i

Hi.

Thanks.

How about save some time and use Ring of Life. It can and does save peoples lives. Hell... Saved mine more than once and tasks where i wander off or get something to drink.

Because most of us don't die easily at any slayer task.

TBH, if you're going to spend 30+ hours to get the rings, get onxy for most things, but get a zerker as well, and use that for tasks with low defense, such as dusties.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Hi.

Thanks.

Because most of us don't die easily at any slayer task.

TBH, if you're going to spend 30+ hours to get the rings, get onxy for most things, but get a zerker as well, and use that for tasks with low defense, such as dusties.

Why onyx? dragonstone is a hell of a lot cheaper and is only 1 less on everything than the onyx ring and no body can notice that difference.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

For slayer your most then likely to be hitting with great accuraccy on all tasks, which makes the berserker ring more effective. For the higher defense tasks such as Dragons etc. the accuracy would help more then the zerker ring, which would make onyx ring more effective.

If you invest 10k from 1-300 you will have enough to buy 8 fremmy rings and 2 onyx, but if price is the issue you should buy berserker + dragonstone.

Berserker > Onyx for almost all slayer tasks.

Onyx = Berserker for monster hunting/high defense monsters.

randomkcopyq.png

yeah, who needs to be accurate? :roll:

These days it seems everybody wants to hit higher than the next person, so everything that increases it is always higher than anything else, were as if you increase attack you can probably dish out the same amount of damage for alot less money.

Str is very over rated and since people who love str will have there str level above there att level while wearing 30+ mil in stuff to increase there str they wont be very accurate so I bet it is quicker to kill monsters with a high att than str.

Probably quciker still if you have a very high att with a low str then increase your str with items or the other way round.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying