Will the TWR focus ever hop from CWA to PVP?

generaldesor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main reason the clans in twr dont do pvp is because they are mainly smaller clans, and would not rival any of the bigger pvp clans. If more worlds were available so that there would be less of a chance of getting crashed i think there would be more.

PROUD TO BE SE

So, this got bumped but i think it would be a nice topic to make active again. I think with downfall showing that they can have succesful pkri's other smaller clans might see the oppurtuinty ripe and actually step into pvp declaring and making twr's pvp side alot more active. I think downfall set an example for the smaller clans, SO did Illusion but they got bored of cwa clans here on tip.it so they left for bigger oppurtunities, but with downfall holding a respectful spot on TWR i think other clans can see their oppurtuinity good and make the wildy active with smaller clans.

JAGEX MAKE MORE PVP WORLDS!!! (stupid [bleep]s they are)

!!!!FUZZY BEAR! THE NEW DEFINITION OF A FACEPALM HAS ARRIVED TO TIP.IT FORUMS BE READY FOR THE BEAR!!!!

I will go PvP for my TWR clan. I am not scared of losing mithril.

Wish everyone was willing to do the same tho.

LOL ily jimmy

So, this got bumped but i think it would be a nice topic to make active again. I think with downfall showing that they can have succesful pkri's other smaller clans might see the oppurtuinty ripe and actually step into pvp declaring and making twr's pvp side alot more active. I think downfall set an example for the smaller clans, SO did Illusion but they got bored of cwa clans here on tip.it so they left for bigger oppurtunities, but with downfall holding a respectful spot on TWR i think other clans can see their oppurtuinity good and make the wildy active with smaller clans.

I'm very pleased with how Downfall started to step it up in pvp. I think this definatly will encourage others to atleast try it out couple times. As for more worlds aggreed but also for new clans trying out pvp I'm sure New castle, Chaos dwarves and north of bh are possible spots to atleast try it out :P.

lth might pvp soon, we need to sort out some things first though

That'd be awesome :D. GL

6590ew.jpg

pulled 135ish to a 2 day prep in pvp yesterday... Hopefully we will be able to maintain those opts in the near future... And hopefully ni/ph leaves us alone :(

>> DF-RUNE-WILL<<

>> DOWNFALL COUNCIL SINCE OCT 08' <<

Be Part of the Downfall Today!:

Click For Downfall's Site!

#Downfall on swift irc

>>110+ Clan (108+ for Fa) - 85+ Def. - 70+ Mage - 15+ Rune sets - TS3<<

pulled 135ish to a 2 day prep in pvp yesterday... Hopefully we will be able to maintain those opts in the near future... And hopefully ni/ph leaves us alone :(

Good luck with that, NI is NI they've done this since 2004 lol.

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence

More pvp worlds won't solve anything if people aren't going out to pk. And why would people go out to pk when they can recreate a similar experience with no cash loss? It's failed structures like Clan Wars and the Free for All portals that are at the very heart of this issue--not the number of pvp worlds.

EDIT: Though I'm not going to be completely ignorant and say that it doesn't play at least a tiny role in it.

hzvjpwS.gif

More pvp worlds won't solve anything if people aren't going out to pk. And why would people go out to pk when they can recreate a similar experience with no cash loss? It's failed structures like Clan Wars and the Free for All portals that are at the very heart of this issue--not the number of pvp worlds.

EDIT: Though I'm not going to be completely ignorant and say that it doesn't play at least a tiny role in it.

I aggree and disaggree. Many clans end up closing due to being crashed/ not enough room to war etc. Clans will decline simply because oh we may get crashed etc. It has to be playing a decent role not a tiny one :P. But yeah imagine if they got rid of CWA arena then there'd be like no worlds open. So if they were to remove CWA they'd have to add a lot more worlds.

6590ew.jpg

MoD has always been a more PvP based clan, for the majority, whenever we've been able to fight in PvP, we've taken advantage of it. However as of late we've stuck to CWA, simply because we're still re-building and want to prepare ourselves accordingly before we set foot in PvP again.

mod1jv7.jpg

So, this got bumped but i think it would be a nice topic to make active again. I think with downfall showing that they can have succesful pkri's other smaller clans might see the oppurtuinty ripe and actually step into pvp declaring and making twr's pvp side alot more active. I think downfall set an example for the smaller clans, SO did Illusion but they got bored of cwa clans here on tip.it so they left for bigger oppurtunities, but with downfall holding a respectful spot on TWR i think other clans can see their oppurtuinity good and make the wildy active with smaller clans.JAGEX MAKE MORE PVP WORLDS!!! (stupid [bleep]s they are)
More pvp worlds won't solve anything if people aren't going out to pk. And why would people go out to pk when they can recreate a similar experience with no cash loss? It's failed structures like Clan Wars and the Free for All portals that are at the very heart of this issue--not the number of pvp worlds.EDIT: Though I'm not going to be completely ignorant and say that it doesn't play at least a tiny role in it.

Disagree and agree. With more Pvp worlds well i thought people would get this by them selves but guess not. NI CANT BE EVERYWHERE!!!! Ni look to crash fights that are funny and get public, not a mini pvp war. With more worlds itll make it hardewr for ni to be and the many wars going on. With more worlds more clan will see it as worth their time because then there is a smaller chance of getting crashed.

!!!!FUZZY BEAR! THE NEW DEFINITION OF A FACEPALM HAS ARRIVED TO TIP.IT FORUMS BE READY FOR THE BEAR!!!!

Fair enough, power-clans are just as disrespectful when it comes to 'claiming' a world for their fight as any no-honor clan (oh how the times change!) In such a case, that would solve it.

But then suppose they add the worlds yet do nothing to solve the root causes. What will we be left with? Yeah, we'll have more worlds--stark, empty, desolate worlds where only pre-planned fights occur.

People need a reason to go from the no-risk options we have to the wilderness. Loot system right? How often do you get to keep your loot, though? The loot system in itself is not enough, especially if you die to those crashing clans you mentioned.

What is viewed worse by the individual, potential loss with potential gain, or no chance of loss with no chance of gain? It's the former, not the latter. So then something needs to happen with these no-risk structures before things can start going back to normal all across the board.

hzvjpwS.gif

There is a big problem with tipit clans and TWR moving into PvP at this point in time. The move is not an easy move to make and you need all of your members to be 100% dedicated to it. The fact that fights are very rarely clean now that any clans that AC either aren't big enough to deal with the NH that will appear or will get attacked by another clan their size or bigger because of the "crashing war" also make it difficult.

Moving into PvP means a change of tactics if you fight other established PvP clans and the tactics being used would put some clans off the move aswell. PKRI's are now allll about winning, the fun part is pretty much out of the window, if you are on top then you try to end the fight asap by sending all the snipers you possibly can, things that used to be NH are now used by everyone and so I think that PKRI's have evolved and in a very negative way that has put me right off them. BK do have PvP fights occasionally and we have found ourselves very surprised by tactics that other clans used against us and infact walked out of our last PvP fight.

More worlds would make things easier, saying that, there would still be problems and we are unlikely to get more worlds.

I am happy enough with CWA at this point and I think TWR's use of it has protected the clans from the effect that the evolution of PKRI's has had on RSC clans that have closed or slumped. I think that smaller clans are better off sticking to CWA and having the occasional pkri than attempting to go full on into PKRI's because when they are all about winning you find that you lose members to the clans that do all the winning.

my answer to the topic is I hope not.

Do you want to love me?

I think downfall can gradually make the transition into a pvp based clan. As Steeny said the ocassional pkri is fine. So far Downfall has a had 2-3 pvp wars and I think they deserve a week off and do ome cwa but really do hope they continue to seak out compettition for them in the wilderness. If LTH followed into pvp I think they could compete with a few clans possibly downfall in matched atleast. The more clans that go pvp the more reasonable it would be to actually add more worlds. If jagex notices a lot of the pvp worlds fulled for lengthy time periods perhaps they will listen to the players complaints/suggestions and actually resolve some problems.

6590ew.jpg

MoD has done 2 out of the 5 TWR pvp wars I think. Though currently we aren't doing much pvp. You can always hop to foreign worlds to help prevent getting crashed, as people don't look in those at much since they are more of a pain.

ripmod.png

Like I said earlier in the topic, is there a need to switch to PVP? No, of course not. And to be honest, PVP may be more fun and thrilling, but the power gap between small CWA clans and small PVP clans is humungous. Imagine a clan like T0, LGZ, HP, Akel or Eternity fighting Collision or Knights of Order, or even Illusion. We'd get wrecked(no offense to the other clans mentioned btw). So for now the only alternative is CWA for us clans as we can't compete with small PVP clans, and this is the story for many TWR clans. That is why I highly doubt TWR will focus on PVP wars. Love it or hate it, CWA has a big purpose in the clan world, and nothing will ever change that, including TWR.

New account: Jack

While I'd like to see smaller clans be able to pvp more if they want, I think it's a good thing for the Tip.it community that it isn't pvp based.

Look at RSC. It's completely pvp based and what do you end up with? A bunch of clans that hate eachother and argue about crashing and NH. Cwa breeds rivalry, pvp breeds hatred.

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

Like I said earlier in the topic, is there a need to switch to PVP? No, of course not. And to be honest, PVP may be more fun and thrilling, but the power gap between small CWA clans and small PVP clans is humungous. Imagine a clan like T0, LGZ, HP, Akel or Eternity fighting Collision or Knights of Order, or even Illusion. We'd get wrecked(no offense to the other clans mentioned btw). So for now the only alternative is CWA for us clans as we can't compete with small PVP clans, and this is the story for many TWR clans. That is why I highly doubt TWR will focus on PVP wars. Love it or hate it, CWA has a big purpose in the clan world, and nothing will ever change that, including TWR.

It has to be more than one clan moving to pvp that will set a trend. If you guys went and say akel followed and both clans enjoyed it and seeked out for more pvp wars they could possibly get more clans to come even for just one war and say its matched. If the clan enjoyed it they can also go more pvp seeking etc. You don't have to war any of the top 30 pvp clans you just need 2+ clans that are willing to do it. [ Preferably more :P ]

6590ew.jpg

Do you want to keep the "humungous gap"?

And there are enough TWR clans who do PvP actually, eternity did the 2nd PvP war on TWR, so they do pk actually ;D

But back ontopic, cwa only is boring, everyone should do something else, clans should try pking. Introduce PvP to your clan instead of pking with Dk or whatever.

The only diff between cwa and pvp is the area, same callers, same tankers, same binders.

Suggestion; Make a little alliance with some other clans and PK together if you think you wouldn't pull enough.

M on my Chest.

233zm9.png

And there are enough TWR clans who do PvP actually, eternity did the 2nd PvP war on TWR, so they do pk actually ;D

But back ontopic, cwa only is boring, everyone should do something else, clans should try pking. Introduce PvP to your clan instead of pking with Dk or whatever.

The only diff between cwa and pvp is the area, same callers, same tankers, same binders.

Suggestion; Make a little alliance with some other clans and PK together if you think you wouldn't pull enough.

Its different binders different callers and different tanking.

-Binds are limited [ you won't bring 1k nats along with the other runes ]

-FI leaders get targeted so you experience following a lot of leaders through out the war

-Tanking is a lot different due to map/size

But I completly agree with you on the last part. Illusion would pk with Autark when we felt we would struggle with maintaining/keeping good opts + it keeps good alliance between the two clans.

6590ew.jpg

-FI leaders get targeted so you experience following a lot of leaders through out the war

But I completly agree with you on the last part. Illusion would pk with Autark when we felt we would struggle with maintaining/keeping good opts + it keeps good alliance between the two clans.

You wont bring 1k nats, ok. But 200nats are 100 binds, you won't be the only one binding, so that'll be enough.

FI leaders get targeted everywhere.. And I only got pilled once while leading 2M.

You can tank waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better in Pvp tbh, open map, drag as much as you can. Cwa got a smaller map, you'll get binded more and hit more..

M on my Chest.

233zm9.png

You wont bring 1k nats, ok. But 200nats are 100 binds, you won't be the only one binding, so that'll be enough.

FI leaders get targeted everywhere.. And I only got pilled once while leading 2M.

You can tank waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better in Pvp tbh, open map, drag as much as you can. Cwa got a smaller map, you'll get binded more and hit more..

Thank you for proving my point? You said it was the same. It's a lot different ;). If snipers notice you bind a lot you'll get targeted as well. In my pkri's you undergo following atleast 3 people. In cwa for the most part [ for me ] it was like same one person for a long period of time because everyone knew the fi leaders would tank it well. It's a large jump cwa -> Pvp but they way you do it is exactly how you said at the end.

6590ew.jpg