Quests are fun.

KevinsLunchbox

I'm boycotting all quests for now. As you see, I'm quite beyond the max trade limit.

The limited shop & no min GE price update rendered junk hard to make / obsolete. Knowing that, Jagex should have at least expanded the max trade limit for QPs (better idea would be just to double the limit), but they did not. Unless additional QPs give me a higher limit, I will not do any quests (including wgs), since I can get more xp + gps by just training skills/combat.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

People who do quests only to get the reward are the ones that dont like quests.

People who do quests for rewards, storyline and adventuring are the ones who enjoy quests.

I love quests and id do them all even if there were no rewards at all.

Id do every quest again just to see the storyline, if I could. :P

I've never really liked quest and I probably never will. I just don't enjoy them at all. There are some quests that have been alright, like Cold War, that was a pretty good one.

Other than that, there aren't very many that I've enjoyed. I've used the RuneHQ guides for most quest I've ever done, because, well.. The tip.it guides aren't that good, sorry. :?

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I'm boycotting all quests for now. As you see, I'm quite beyond the max trade limit.

The limited shop & no min GE price update rendered junk hard to make / obsolete. Knowing that, Jagex should have at least expanded the max trade limit for QPs (better idea would be just to double the limit), but they did not. Unless additional QPs give me a higher limit, I will not do any quests (including wgs), since I can get more xp + gps by just training skills/combat.

I enjoy the storyline(s) introduced in each quest, however, I'm not changing my attitude.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

I love quests, even though I used a guide for most of them I never spam clicked just to get ahead, I always loved reading the dialouge and interacting with the story. My favorite quest for the sheer lulz factor was and always shall be As a First Resort (Probably because I love many of the essays I've read on the lack of clarity in the english language, and that the best writing is upfront writing). I have been pretty good about doing the quests as soon as they come out, not to get the reward first (Or even to get back my only skill cape :lol: ) but to prove to myself that I am worthy of having max qp and can complete quests by myself.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I have always loved quests. Except for ratcatchers. I HATED that one.

Most of the stories are nice to read (WGS, Mahjarrat series, cave goblins,...).

People who don't like quests aren't probably interested in stories and are just out for reward/new area's.

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Quests are my favorite part of the game. It really makes them so much better if you complete them without a guide. I used to think quests were a chore and boring until I decided to try completing them without a guide.

Thats exactly how I feel, I used to do all my quests with a guide and just saw them as a chore. But recently I've started doing them without a guide (although admittedly I use a guide to check which items I'll need to save time) and its much more enjoyable.

Off topic, my favourite quest was One Small Favour, I found it quite funny and it was fun going all over Runescape.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

[hide=Fremennik Isles, The]Items: Raw tuna, 6 mithril ore or 7 coal ore (dependent on your mining level), 9 ropes, hatchet, knife, thread, needle, hammer, bronze nail[/hide]

You do realize that...

1. Jatizso has loads of harpoon spots for catching tuna,

2. Jatizso has a gigantic mine full of mithrite and adamantite and coal and stuff,

3. Neitiznot has yaks that drop yak hair and a spinning wheel to turn it into rope,

4. Neitiznot has a crafting shop that sells hatchets, knives, needles, thread, hammers, and nails, and

5. There's a bank easily accessible on both islands.

You actually don't need any items to complete the quest other than equipment for the boss fight. And even then, you're provided with food and potions. I view Fremennik Isles as a paragon of good quest design: no items required, plenty of humorous dialogue, epic boss fight, awesome rewards. What's not to like?

There's plenty of bad quests: Catapult Construction, Rat Catchers, In Search/Aid of the Myreque and Underground Pass are all pretty soporific and all-around lame. But the quality of quests has improved lately, for the most part.

Rewards, bah,. I'm fine with only my quest cape as a reward. I play a quest for the story, and such I read every line. And because of that I really liked TCC even though nobody else did. Quests arn't for everyone and if other people don't enjoy the quests then shame for them, i'll get on with my life. I used a guide when I was younger but I haven't used a quest guide for ages. I usually finish them before the guide is out anyway.

The Chosen Commander's story was crap. I didn't like it, too... predictable?

Well I liked the story. and some of the best RS music tracks came in that quest. First quest I had sounds on for, convinced me to have sounds on for every quest after that.

I like quests that are interesting. Quests that consist of teleport, run, talk/get item, repeat, are boring. Most of runescape's quests, especially the older ones, are like this. I always use a guide, simply because banking every minute to grab a required item is not what I call fun. Completing a quest with an interesting story, some kind of puzzle, and a decent reward is.

quit