Summoning. . . Now what?

Cptbaker08

I'd like to see familiars for skills that are lacking in them. Mining in particular comes to mind- the only familiar for it is complete and utterly useful as well as only requiring an eighteen or so level to get it.

Additionally, we desperately need non-combat ways to garner charms. Sure, we have thieving Dorgesh-kahn chests, but those are slow and require a large number of quests first. There's so much potential for good, steady ways for skillers to get charms. Unearthing them while mining ore, finding them embedded in trees, in bird's nests, found in the belly of fishes as well as in caskets, collected from hunter prey, found in the soil while harvesting crops, and that's just off the top of my head...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'd like to see familiars for skills that are lacking in them. Mining in particular comes to mind- the only familiar for it is complete and utterly useful as well as only requiring an eighteen or so level to get it.

The Lava Titan is great for mining. In fact i believe it is the best one to use while mining.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

The Lava Titan is great for mining. In fact i believe it is the best one to use while mining.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

It boosts mining yes, but it doesn't really do anything else. In powermining, that's not very helpful although it may have it's merits when mining rune or adamantite ore...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

It boosts mining yes, but it doesn't really do anything else. In powermining, that's not very helpful although it may have it's merits when mining rune or adamantite ore...

Of course it helps in powermining. Its like the thing people are saying with the Dragon pick. Not that good unless using on higher level ores. It still helps mine the lower ones better then then with the rune. Same applies with the Titan. It increases exp rates by a small amount. Helping you mine ores a little bit faster.

GWD:

Of course it helps in powermining. Its like the thing people are saying with the Dragon pick. Not that good unless using on higher level ores. It still helps mine the lower ones better then then with the rune. Same applies with the Titan. It increases exp rates by a small amount. Helping you mine ores a little bit faster.

GWD:

Don't get me wrong though, other skills are in needs of updates before this. But what about years from now

You pretty much answered your own question here- there's so many skills that need updates that it'll be more than years before they could legitimately get to summoning.

Don't get me wrong though, other skills are in needs of updates before this. But what about years from now

You pretty much answered your own question here- there's so many skills that need updates that it'll be more than years before they could legitimately get to summoning.

Actually, I'd argue that any update given to summoning is an update given to another skill. There are no familiars that only benefit "Summoning" (though one could argue that the Spirit Kyatt fits in with this as the hunter bonus is obtained by the cheaper larupia.)

The Graahk is a (unintentional) update to Runecrafting. The granite lobster is an update to combat and fishing. The lava titan is an update to mining, boss hunting, and just general combat.

Beasts of Burdens are updates to almost all noncombat and combat skills.

The only skill that misses out from Summoning benefits is agility. (yes, yes, terrorbird I know. You can't take him with you to pretty much any agility course though so what's the point.)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Actually, I'd argue that any update given to summoning is an update given to another skill. There are no familiars that only benefit "Summoning" (though one could argue that the Spirit Kyatt fits in with this as the hunter bonus is obtained by the cheaper larupia.)

The Graahk is a (unintentional) update to Runecrafting. The granite lobster is an update to combat and fishing. The lava titan is an update to mining, boss hunting, and just general combat.

Beasts of Burdens are updates to almost all noncombat and combat skills.

The only skill that misses out from Summoning benefits is agility. (yes, yes, terrorbird I know. You can't take him with you to pretty much any agility course though so what's the point.)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I think the others have made some really good points here.

There are plenty of level gaps both at low levels and high levels for more familiars. These could do practicaly anyhting Jagex want them to do from assisting in a new as yet unreleased skill or like someone else suggested about absorbing hits.

There is plenty of room for summoning expansions.

There are also loads of things they can change to allow people to collect charms while skilling, something which I belive runescape lacks. The Dorgeshkaan chests were a good start but got nerfed pretty quickly. I'd like to see things like charms added to treasure trail rewards as well as charms being in fishing caskets, birds nests and the crystal chest for example.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think the others have made some really good points here.

There are plenty of level gaps both at low levels and high levels for more familiars. These could do practicaly anyhting Jagex want them to do from assisting in a new as yet unreleased skill or like someone else suggested about absorbing hits.

There is plenty of room for summoning expansions.

There are also loads of things they can change to allow people to collect charms while skilling, something which I belive runescape lacks. The Dorgeshkaan chests were a good start but got nerfed pretty quickly. I'd like to see things like charms added to treasure trail rewards as well as charms being in fishing caskets, birds nests and the crystal chest for example.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Fix things. Like foragers interrupting your actions, making them useless.

They fixed this a few weeks back.

I'd love to see some more varied abilities.

Say something similar to a forager/healer/BoB cross.

You can fill them up with certain food (the amount depending on the the level) but you can't get it back. The scrolls use the food and they randomly generate food in there pack like a forager. Worse then a unicorn in the long run better in the short run.

Maybe replace the scroll ability with them randomly using the food once you hit less then 50% hp.

I'd love some armour which increases the combat familiars offensiveness and some of the skill boosters cap pretty low too.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Fix things. Like foragers interrupting your actions, making them useless.

They fixed this a few weeks back.

I'd love to see some more varied abilities.

Say something similar to a forager/healer/BoB cross.

You can fill them up with certain food (the amount depending on the the level) but you can't get it back. The scrolls use the food and they randomly generate food in there pack like a forager. Worse then a unicorn in the long run better in the short run.

Maybe replace the scroll ability with them randomly using the food once you hit less then 50% hp.

I'd love some armour which increases the combat familiars offensiveness and some of the skill boosters cap pretty low too.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Obviously, they will release the ability to summon pokemans that know the HM Surf. This allows you to train sailing without the use of a boat!

You mean Pokémon?

But I think Summoning is ok the way it is atm.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Obviously, they will release the ability to summon pokemans that know the HM Surf. This allows you to train sailing without the use of a boat!

You mean Pokémon?

But I think Summoning is ok the way it is atm.

howlin1eeveesig.png

We might see new familiars, but it would be far wiser for Jagex to give them disadvantages as well as advantages compared to familiars of a similar level, like slower attack speed but more accuracy, or super fast fishing but you take damage constantly. The potential for ideas is nearly as big as Magic.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

We might see new familiars, but it would be far wiser for Jagex to give them disadvantages as well as advantages compared to familiars of a similar level, like slower attack speed but more accuracy, or super fast fishing but you take damage constantly. The potential for ideas is nearly as big as Magic.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Isn't this post just a longer version of a questionnaire saying what new familiars would you like in the game?

Anyways I think Jagex have done a great job with summoning, I think it's pretty perfect for the time being. Of course if a new skill was released then you would need an otter to help raise your sailing level temporarily. This also applies with more minor updates (can't think of any atm :oops: if they released a familiar friendly minigame then Jagex may have to think up more summons?)

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Isn't this post just a longer version of a questionnaire saying what new familiars would you like in the game?

Anyways I think Jagex have done a great job with summoning, I think it's pretty perfect for the time being. Of course if a new skill was released then you would need an otter to help raise your sailing level temporarily. This also applies with more minor updates (can't think of any atm :oops: if they released a familiar friendly minigame then Jagex may have to think up more summons?)

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking