Shadow Elves Closes

obfuscator

Shadow Elves,

Today we are closing the clan, and I ask you guys to understand, even though I know right now there will be some or many that will refuse to accept it but soon enough youll understand too. Bear with me..

Nick and I have been planning our retirement ever since February of this year and weve been working on forming a new stable leadership that would continue after our retirement on the 1st of November. Lately things havent been going as we planned due to many other key officials having the same issues as us - real life commitments. As a result, the leadership gathered up last Wednesday on TS so Nick and I could present our decision or rather, suggestion, to close the clan. The officials agreed and mentioned that their time on this game is also limited, so thats when the final decision was reached.

These last couple of days after we took that decision I couldnt help but think of the 3 and a half years worth of memories that Ive had in this clan , and the future, how its gonna be without fighting alongside a group of friends like we were or how I wont get to do penguins with the crew anymore.. crapload of little things like that.

Remember the ride we had and what we went through along these years.

Ill never forget how much spirit this clan had ever since my first war, which we lost, and how it only meant more wars and more practice, and even the day the almighty teamspeak was introduced (lol). Then our pk trips.. how we got hunted and spied on, and how it only meant that we had to strengthen our application process and fight our way up to hold our ground against the clans that hunted us, and later even beat them. We created something only few clans could, a strong family-like bond between us and we all had extremely high morale, and that allowed us to defeat clans or at least do our best against them even when the odds were against us and the numbers werent in our favor.

And when people asked who we were, thats the answer they were given. Thats what we all know Shadow Elves stood for.

The development of the clan wasnt thanks to one person but it was thanks to all of you that did your part in the clan. Events team, thanks for the time you took to host the fun events and keeping the clan tradition alive, and even though there were some that were more interested in PKing, there were many to whom these events meant a lot. Mentors, thanks for the time you took to guide the noobs FEs and making the application process run smoothly. And finally without going any further, thanks to every single Shadow Elf for showing your pride daily. Thanks for refusing to put your rune on even when getting sniped by those mother[bleep]ing snipers and thanks for going that extra late hour to not let your clan mates down, it sure as hell paid off in the end.

There were absolutely no flaws in what we had and we could have kept going on forever, but I guess there had to be something that could bring an end to the clan and thats real life itself. I guess you could call that our Achilles heel.

We reached what we wanted to reached, its safe to say our journey was a success, and its time we leave it at that. Give your thanks to your clan mates for being there for you.

Even though the above mightve sounded as if wed never see each other again, remember that our public channel will always be there and that well keep in touch, whether on IRC or MSN (add me). Our forums and TS will be up for a long time also.

There's so many things we've been through and laughed at together, and even times when we were disappointed after a loss, but they all each filled in an important part in our long history. Share your past favorite moments with us and that way we won't miss anything out.

Its been an amazing time and I sign out with no regrets. Thanks Elves.

Denat

--------------------

Originally posted by Denat555, SE leader.

I was a bit suprised when I heard, but overall I'm glad they made the decision to close. With they way things were going, it wouldn't have been the same and it was better to go out on top.

The majority of SE members are heading to TT/RSD. Many, however, are retiring, myself included.

Don't worry, I'll still be here though!

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti