Health Risk

Bacon2003

Just recieved an email from work, would like everyone to read it, mainly British people as this is where it has been happening.

For your information, a couple of weeks ago, in the odeon cinema,

FestivalPark, a person sat on something sharp in one of the seats. When

she stood up to see what it was, a needle was found poking through the

seat with an attached note saying, "you have been infected with HIV".

The Centres for Disease Control in Birmingham, reports similar events

Have taken place in several other cities recently.

ALL of the needles tested HAVE been found positive for HIV. The CDC also

reports that needles have been found in the coin return areas of pay

phones and coke machines. Everyone is asked to use extreme caution when

confronted with these types of situations.

All public chairs should be thoroughly but safely inspected prior to any

use. A thorough visual inspection is considered the bare minimum.

Further more, they ask that everyone notify their family members and

friends of the potential dangers, as well.

The previous information was sent from Hanley police station to all of

the local councils in the Staffs area and was interdepartmentally

dispersed.

We were all asked to pass this to as many people as possible.

Facilities

Fife Council

New City House

Dunfermline

Fife

KY12 7EP

Tel: 01383 609 219

X1nPw.png

--The Ultimate RuneScape Merchanting Website --

Christ, that's not normal! :? My brother's on a week excursion in London now, better give him a warning. Or it is just in Birmingham?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Christ, that's not normal! :? My brother's on a week excursion in London now, better give him a warning. Or it is just in Birmingham?

It say's that there has been incidents in several other cities, so it would be good to give him a warning. Infact if people have the time, it would be good to send this email to everyone you can.

X1nPw.png

--The Ultimate RuneScape Merchanting Website --

Is there anywhere on this planet where we can still feel safe and surrounded by people who had at least some respect for human life? I guess that ideal vanished long ago but this is just low.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

damn, I hit cancel when Isaw it was the wrong topic, how come my reply got trough. :?

21o4pav.jpg

If there are people that make hoaxes about this then why shouldn't there be people who do these kind of things. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be people doing this. Better safe than sorry if you ask me.

21o4pav.jpg

If there are people that make hoaxes about this then why shouldn't there be people who do these kind of things. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be people doing this. Better safe than sorry if you ask me.

Well totally and I always check my seat anyway, for chewing gum more than anything. So it's definately worth checking in that respect.

But c'mon, this chain letter's been 'round for years. Has no one else stopped to think you wouldn't have noticed a big note on a pin on your seat? :P

Well totally and I always check my seat anyway, for chewing gum more than anything. So it's definately worth checking in that respect.

But c'mon, this chain letter's been 'round for years. Has no one else stopped to think you wouldn't have noticed a big note on a pin on your seat? :P

I never heard of the chainletter, lol. I never get them. :P I never really check my seat. >.<

21o4pav.jpg

I don't know, maybe it's just me... But, hypothetical situation: You go to the movies, sit down in your seat and feel a [puncture]. It's not like a note just pops up, if there was ever a note it was always there. You'd see it when you first sat down. And a note mentioning HIV would certainly be a reason not to sit in that seat huh?

peterstretchfn5.gif

yes the note is always there, but in a dark theater r u going to be able to see it? plus theater chairs r proped up by springs, so even if there was something on it u wouldnt bother looking becuase u know the laws of gravity and think that what ever is on there would have fallen of. so u just pull the seat down sit down with out thinking if anythings on it.

i think everything was planned out very well for the hoax, it is very believable.

the thing that hit me is the way it was sent out. if there were 17 cases of this in 2 months it would be on the news, not some police officer sending "emails".

i dont believe anything that is sent to me. exspecially forwards.

but it is a good plan to look before u sit down.

Being accidently [puncture]ed with a needle doesnt automatically mean you have contracted the disease. It takes weeks for the tests to come through and its highly likely that you would be clear even if this hoax were real.

We get quieries like this at work (i work in local government) all the time and its a load of rubbish. Its annoying the people that forward this crap on without thinking for themselves for a second.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i dont see why people ever forward chain letters. usually its something like this, about some virus that doesnt exist, a really sad story that probably isnt true, something that was halfway funny when you first get it in 1997 but now 500 times later it just pisses you off, something that promises you will fall in love if you send it to 20 people, or something that makes a cartoon pop up on your screen if you send it to 20 people (i fell for that about 8 years ago, i cant believe some people still try that). once i switched to my current email address, i didnt tell anyone except for a few people who knew better than to send them. all the other people lost the right to send me emails as soon as they send a chainletter. i think the only purpose of chain letters is so that someone can get a lot of email addresses and sell them to advertising companies. then people wonder why they get so much spam. and then i get spam too because of others stupidity (of course, not now that i changed). sorry about the rant here but i really hate the people who start these chain letters, and i wouldnt be sorry if they all fell down dead one day.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I personally think that people who start chain letters should be beheaded using a printout of their own chain letter to 'saw' it off :wiggle:

And those that forward it should have a finger or two cut off by the same method.

Yes I'm sick but hey, if it'll stop people from forwarding them, so be it.

Disgusting. It may be a hoax, but this sort of thing does happen, I'm sure. Not often, rarely in fact, but it does happen. People are just so sick these days, I dont even know. What are they thinking to do such stupid things? Its sickening. They are the devil on earth.

It reminds me of last year, maybe the year before, in Toronto parks. Someone was putting blades and broken glass in childrens parks. On monkey bars, in sandboxes, on slides. BLADES. This is just...I cant even find a word to describe it.

:x

signaturecj5.jpg