[Spoilers] Stargate Universe

Howlin0001

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]His mind may have been downloaded into the computer and his body subsequently destroyed. He may have just gained control of the ship. We'll see. [/hide]

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• 2 weeks later...

[hide]This episode was by far the worst of the whole season. Hardly anything happened at all. It moved by too slowly. Next week promises to be exciting. We have Daniel Jackson and Jack Oneill showing up.[/hide]

Oh hell yea. it seems more like an episode we put it to make the series longer because we couldn't think up of any other good episode.

At the end it showed the Stargate dialling to a world but I thought they would still be in the void between galaxies still.

howlin1eeveesig.png

[hide] They were already in the next galaxy, the writers skipped ahead. The people who had ticks had already gone offworld, so they had to be in range of stargates before the episode even began. Also, Chloe made some comment about them being in a new galaxy. [/hide]

With O'Neil and Jackson you really can't go wrong.

On a side note I am working through the entire Stargate catalog again, currently almost done with S2 of SG1. It is going to take a while since I can only watch an episode or two every day.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm wow good ep. I wonder what happened to kill that Lucian Alliance person. I think could possibly be either some sort of internal defence mechanism or it could be some solar radiation.

Also why didn't the Star gate activate when the went out of FTL. I think Eli and Chloe will be saved somehow magically or will kill in the end :D

howlin1eeveesig.png

As good as it was. I felt let down by that episode for some reason.

Did you watch any of SG1 or Atlantis? If you haven't, you might feel differently about the finale. Stargate season finales are usually a little different than most TV series. The season finale is usually part 1 of 2, with the second part being the first episode of the next season. Most TV series will have a two parter be the last two episodes of a season, with a cliffhanger at the end about whats going to be going on next season. With Stargate all you get are many cliffhangers, which only really are about this season. Hard to explain, but if you watch early SG1 you will get what I mean.

Of course it's also possible that you have watched the other series and still think the finale was a let down (there were slightly more cliffhangers than normal), and it's also possible my theory about Stargate finales is just me being crazy.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Also why didn't the Star gate activate when the went out of FTL.

Late reply, but Destiny dropped out of FTL to allow the gate to connect. This wasn't one of its predetermined stops. That's why the gate never connected.

I was let down by the finale, just because I keep going back to the fact that the whole thing could have been avoided by venting the gate room, avoiding all of this drama. Oh well, we'll see where this goes. I think it is going to get more like Voyager next season in that the LA crew and The Destiny crew are going to have to work together once the fighting stops. I think Eli, Greer, and Young are going to find something important on the ship. I'll be disappointed if they don't, and had Eli wandering around just to let those two inside the ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I spent the last four months watching the entire Stargate franchise, then watching it all again with commentaries. I have been keeping up with SGU, just am a little tired of thinking about SG.

But yeah, S2 has been normal Stargate style episodes, so I have been enjoying it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Didn't enjoy the latest episode. I didn't like the whole "dream" world. It was just a waste of time to be honest. Next week looks exciting though.

• 2 weeks later...

Best episode this season. :thumbup:

[hide]I'm mad that they are killing off Ginn though, I like her character. :thumbdown: Now we get to see the whole crew working on the bridge, specifically choosing their destinations. [/hide]

[hide]

Ah no! He can't kill Gin :( Eli would be crushed!

I would bet that Rush's girl will be killed as well, since she is currently in Gin's body. I had hoped that she would actually stay with the crew and would help them out, but it won't be so. Varro will probably be the only Lucien Alliance member to stay with the Destiny crew and perhaps earn his place. Simeon will either be stranded or dead by next episodes end I bet. [/hide]