[Spoilers] Stargate Universe

Howlin0001

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]The first episode was awesome. It was interesting how they brought Rush back. It seems like these aliens ships' are much faster than the Destiny.

The Destiny's main cannon is weak. I was disappointed. [/hide]

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Any chance of some spoiler tags?

Any idea when it starts again in the UK (or has it already?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide]The first episode was awesome. It was interesting how they brought Rush back. It seems like these aliens ships' are much faster than the Destiny.

The Destiny's main cannon is weak. I was disappointed. [/hide]

[hide]

Well what else do you expect from a few million year old cannon? Also it might have been stronger if it hadn't nearly destroyed the ship if they used it once more.

I don't get why don't the aliens just get onto the ship themselves and try use the systems[/hide]

howlin1eeveesig.png

Any chance of some spoiler tags?

Any idea when it starts again in the UK (or has it already?

Generally topics pertaining to a specific TV show always have the most current episode spoilers. It is like this in all of them (24, Lost, South Park, Heroes ect...). It is just too annoying to have every single post in spoiler tags. Spoilers outside of the specific TV show/movie topic in general topics obviously should be in spoiler tags, but in these threads it should be up to the user to avoid until they are caught up.

EDIT: Plus there is not a button to add spoiler tags in the reply box. I always have to go back and check to see if it is "hide]" or "spoiler]". I am adding my comment of this episode in the tags this time, but more discussion and it will happen out in the open.

[hide]Oh and I was actually a little surprised by the way they got Rush back. It was pretty obvious they would, and that it would have something to do with the ship, but I really thought he would get it up and running and catch up. It was an alien ship that we haven't seen before so I shouldn't have been surprised by their reveal but I was.[/hide]

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You have to admit that is epic. The ancients may have created wormholes, but a whole sun and a perfect planet? I think they have been trumped.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Yep, but what are the chances aliens created a perfect planet and a sun and it just so happened to be in Destinies line of flight? I hope we do hear from the aliens in the future!

howlin1eeveesig.png

I'm not seeing the point of creating a planet. The mass vs usable area ratio is just way, way too small. Also did they put stuff in the ground such as metals and oil so they can mine for it later? It just makes no sense to make a planet. It is kind of cool though.

And creating a star is just all out awesome.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Well I don't think they put the stuff in the ground of the planet at all, more like planted the beginnings of the planet and accelerated the planet making process. Granted they probably helped to make it into a habitable planted though.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I doubt that we will find out who built the planet. I'm more interesting in how long it takes Rush to get control of the ship. I also want to see the robot we saw in storage go into action.

[hide]How are all those main characters going to get out from underground now that Denisty is in FTL? Maybe get a ship from the civilisation that was there or somehow use the stargate to connect up with Destiny's again? Pretty curious how they work it out.[/hide]

Mod Edit: Please try to put spoilers for recent episodes/episodes to come in hide tags whenever you can! Not all of us have watched those yet ;)

Edited by lady_ninane
Spoilers go in hide tags ;)

I think the people of that planet was advanced but was killed out for w/e reason and the people trapped in the tunnel will find a way out and find a ship and Eli will figure out how to get it to work and will start to fly to the Destiny, but by that time Rush will have found a way to either stop or turn the ship around. I'm thinking Rush will only be able to stop the ship not turn it around or anything like that just yet.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Mod Edit: Please try to put spoilers for recent episodes/episodes to come in hide tags whenever you can! Not all of us have watched those yet ;)

I'm not seeing the point in this, I stated the reason before. As soon as an episode airs it should be free game to talk about.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm not seeing the point in this, I stated the reason before. As soon as an episode airs it should be free game to talk about.

That as it may be, Stargate Universe airs on a Friday night in the USA but airs in the UK 11 days later. I'm not sure about you but not everyone likes to know spoilers about the next episode. So it's to be respectful to users who haven't seen the episode yet because it hasn't being aired.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I agree with indy. Once it airs in the U.S., it should be fair game to discuss in the thread. If you live somewhere else, just avoid the thread until you see the episode. We shouldn't have to censor ourselves because some people haven't seen the episode yet.

I'll see if Howlin will put a spoilers tag in the title so we don't have to deal with hiding posts.

That as it may be, Stargate Universe airs on a Friday night in the USA but airs in the UK 11 days later. I'm not sure about you but not everyone likes to know spoilers about the next episode. So it's to be respectful to users who haven't seen the episode yet because it hasn't being aired.

I absolutely hate and despise spoilers. But I am also not stupid, I know if an episode has aired that people will talk about it. I don't view topics until I have seen the latest episode.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

[hide]Weird dinosaur = :D

Hmm the next few episodes should be interesting. With Destiny leaving the galaxy, the ship turning off systems, the stranding of Eli and the other two on the planet. Oh and we haven't seen the aliens in a while.

[/hide]

howlin1eeveesig.png

Preview for next week spoiler

The preview showed the alien ships attacking the Destiny, and it looks like an explosion might cause the ships engine to fail before going into FTL.

I knew at the end that it was Rush coming through the gate and not Eli, Scott, and Chloe. I'm interested to see how they get those three back on board.

I like it how on Destiny they have electric shavers, but yet they didn't bring any other food.

I wonder why did the lad go (the person who sat in the chair. I can't remember his name)

howlin1eeveesig.png

First part isn't a spoiler. When they were evacuating the base, they didn't have time to grab specific supplies. They just grabbed random crates, so they missed out on a lot of essential items, but grabbed items like electric razors and the like.

[hide]

My opinion is that he ascended.

[/hide]

I don't think he ascended seeing as that ship was created before the Alternans knew/wanted to ascend. If he did ascend I think it would something the Alternans didn't plan on but if he did ascend I think it would be one of the easiest ascensions ever.

howlin1eeveesig.png