Jagex claims carousel "not a hint at horses" Is this a hint at horses?

NotoriousPSC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are horses...Ragmar go bye-bye.

Ragmar SMASH!

But in all seriousness, it's an anagram:The carousel is not a hint at horses.

Equates to

Sailin Horses At The Centaur Shoot

So the update will introduce centaur, and we will play water polo riding on their backs. See Jagex said horses went extinct years back, said nothing about Centaur. And while Mod MMG said sailing wasn't coming out, he didn't specify on water based activities. SHOOT A GOAL!

Yes that is a real anagram, you may check in and then leave your tokens of worship on my doorstep (Except for Me_Hate_Libs, as I don't want to tell you again that I'm allergic to poisoned cake.)

This thread is so stupid and pointless. Giving what you're going by - that means there's going to be bumper cars, too? And games with lazers? Oh please. Stop the silly attention seeking. :-|

Sulu! Go keep watch on the away team!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

They know full well that had they said nothing the RSOF and probably tip.it (along with other fansites) would be in an uproar about this new hint at horses. The RSOF would start it by drawing conlusions from an irrelivent picture and then pulling some half assed idea out of their [wagon]. The fansites would follow and we would have rumors on the epicly stupid scale of sailing (the last response to that by a jmod, if you read between the lines, said clearly "Its a stupid idea and no one at Jagex can figure out why players would even want this skill, especialy since not a single boat in RS, trawler included, actualy moves"). By putting in this line, they get to laugh at the stupid people in the RSOF who think Jagex is lying again.

Now maybe horses are coming. I honestly don't care. But I don't want to be anticipating an update for 6+ months before its arrival, so I will go ahaead and trust Jagex. If horses come out, I can shrug and say in hindsight it was obviously a hint, and I can be happy that horses are here out of the blue for me to enjoy, it will be an awsome supprise. If horses never come out, I can say I knew it was just them joking about how people react on the RSOF to precived hints that mean nothing, and never be disapointed about the lack of horses because I never expected them in the first place.

Eaither way, I win \:D/

Silly people, new skill is obviously being a carnival carney. :ohnoes:

From the Development Blog:

Mistercleav0 asks:

why cant we have mounts?

Mod Fetzki: Every time we try to get mounts into RuneScape, we run into severe problems that we think would just spoil the fun, such like that we would need to limit the items that you can wear when sitting on a mount or restrict players to certain routes that mounts can be used on. Until we have overcome these problems we wont have any mounts, as much as we want it ourselves.

Source:

http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=30&page=1

The concept of mounts pretty much got killed by the run update anyway. :unsure:

Jagex have said numerous times they would not introduce mounts. They would not work with Rs, the game play is to square driven and slow for mounts to work.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

This thread is so stupid and pointless. Giving what you're going by - that means there's going to be bumper cars, too? And games with lazers? Oh please. Stop the silly attention seeking. :-|

You just don't believe

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

I can see it now- a Riding skill.

At level one we can jump on our friend's backs.

At 82 we can ride dragons.

At 98, the Corporeal Beast.

At 99, we get a girlfriend.

:geek: I like this skill already.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I'm liking how JaGeX has become such a pathetic company to their own community that almost every post is an attack towards them. :lol:

I'm likeing how the RuneScape community is so pathetic that almost every post is an attack on Jagex.

You just don't believe

No, I'm just not an attention seeker. (And not being stupid..)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

AMG TEH SAILING I5 C0M1NG!!!!!111111

Not everything Jagex says is a lie, only the cake. Jagex doesn't want to make mounting a skill because they don't see the point in it. We can ride on boats but there is no sailing skill, it's the same concept. I've played runescape for awhile and Jagex must know by now unless they state otherwise people will jump to conclusions.

Not everything Jagex says is a lie, only the cake. Jagex doesn't want to make mounting a skill because they don't see the point in it. We can ride on boats but there is no sailing skill, it's the same concept. I've played runescape for awhile and Jagex must know by now unless they state otherwise people will jump to conclusions.

No, people will jump to conclusions anyway.

No, people will jump to conclusions anyway.

Hey you changed your avvy...

Anyway, well atleast they try.

Give it a break. How don't you know it's not a hint at carousels? Or perhaps it's a hint that they're (take a deep breath now) not releasing either. :-o

Jagex have said they aren't making mounts and/or horses anyway.

really they said they wouldn't? I seem to have miss this quote, could you find the source of it?

It was quite a long time ago, but I definetly remember it. Can't remember where exactly I read it. :mellow:

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

It could be, remember the twitter hint for MA? Not saying it's definite proof though.

Remember the famous "this month we'll be releasing chairs you can sit down in"? That was the line they used to tell us construction was coming. No one saw it at all. They'd do something like that is they were releasing as big an update as mounting. You know in any game i've played mounting has never been a skill.

Take Shin Megami for example, At level 20 you get a mounting tutorial in shinjuku. (You can get it at any level but the Cerberus is level 20 and you can't summon a demon stronger than yourself) You get a free Cerberus trained to be able to be mounted (demons have to be specially trained and lose some basic skills in training), a ring they lets you mount the demon, and you can use the command to mount it (yes its a command). Those three elements (well four, the ring has durability that decreases over time and max durability can be lost with repair, it kicks you off when you reach 0 and if max durability reaches 0, well use your imagination) make mounting. While mounting your movement speed is increased and you can't be attacked but you have to dismount to attack as well.

That is about the use Jagex sees for mounting. Even if they were to add mounting into the game like that they would either have to make you be able to get attacked while mounting or have mounts unable to be brought into dungeons. In Shin though your demons are your summoned familiars. So you choose between being able to mount or having a stronger or more useful partner in battle. I know I eventually just sold my ring and released my Cerberus because it wasn't good enough when I needed it.

Even with these aspects of mounting it is still not a skill. Just a convenience for others to be able to get around faster without being attacked.

You just don't believe

I'm not trying to be an attention [bleep]. Ever here of a toke jopic?

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

You just don't believe

I'm not trying to be an attention [bleep]. Ever here of a toke jopic?

Joke Topics = Spam. A mod should lock this. Rather confused as to why it wasn't locked sooner. There's really nothing at all to discuss other than stupid "speculation". Give you an inch and you take a yard. The picture was nothing. The carousel means nothing. It was there for entertainment purposes for Jagex staff, that, and only for that reason. And the "group" picture was taken infront of it. End of "discussion".

RIP Michaelangelopolous