Web comic: Chronicles of Elementias

cretureisland

Try using these fonts:

http://www.blambot.com/font_webletterer.shtml

http://www.blambot.com/font_digitalstrip.shtml

Don't really like the font you've chosen BUT it's better than comic sans.

In the 2nd panel, are two guards speaking? It's a little bit hard to tell. You could help make this clear by using a different font or making the speech bubbles tail off into different directions.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say just try and reduce the text size slightly to keep them seperate, or have the second bubble coming from off-screen so it looks as if somebody else is saying it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hey, glad to see you're making good progress.

I'm just posting this to show you a panel from a personal project of mine. I'm no pro when it comes to manga, but maybe this will help you.

p1comp.jpg

As you can see it's a very simple drawing. But looks are deceiving.

Making something smooth and clean always take a great deal of time, this one for example took nearly 2 hours. Staying with only black and white helps you focus on values and shading, and it's also much cheaper to print. That's why mangas are always b/w :wink:

Same goes for screentoning (the dots). It's main purpose was never to look pretty, it's just another method to save ink. However since it's been so widely used, people tend to associate it with classic manga style, so you could always try that.

So, in short: be as clean as possible. The cleaner it is, the more professional it looks. This stands both for shading and line work.

Good luck! Can't wait to see the next page.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Are you 10? That's the only explanation I could find for someone thinking this is actually an achievement of some sort. You can't get the font right, the writing makes my head hurt from how terrible it is (The hell is a 'peep' ?), the art is even worse and is like a bad cross between someone who couldn't draw and someone who just got his copy of photoshop elements and even the website backing it is terrible and barely functional (no back or forward pages, having to go to the archive and get a pre-generated "gallery" feature?) making it a chore to even try and read this thing.

If you actually are 17 like your profile tells me than I really feel for you, I really do.

Nadril never fails to make my day. =D>

We love you Nadril, really, we do.

Why? He is a [bleep] head. The drawing style isnt even that bad. It's not great but it isnt bad.

Get a life Nadril or what ever your name is. Only 10 year olds roam the forums in hopes that they find someone to put down like you did. What? Your life suck so much that you feel the need to make everyone around you feel just as bad as your self.

Hope you have a [cabbage] Christmas mate.

Keep up the work cretureisland, with time you will be able to become a great drawer, don't let guys like Nadril keep you down.

Are you 10? That's the only explanation I could find for someone thinking this is actually an achievement of some sort. You can't get the font right, the writing makes my head hurt from how terrible it is (The hell is a 'peep' ?), the art is even worse and is like a bad cross between someone who couldn't draw and someone who just got his copy of photoshop elements and even the website backing it is terrible and barely functional (no back or forward pages, having to go to the archive and get a pre-generated "gallery" feature?) making it a chore to even try and read this thing.

If you actually are 17 like your profile tells me than I really feel for you, I really do.

Why? He is a [bleep] head. The drawing style isnt even that bad. It's not great but it isnt bad.

Get a life Nadril or what ever your name is. Only 10 year olds roam the forums in hopes that they find someone to put down like you did. What? Your life suck so much that you feel the need to make everyone around you feel just as bad as your self.

Keep up the work cretureisland, with time you will be able to become a great drawer, don't let guys like Nadril keep you down.

Dude... Nadril is one of the only people on this forum that does commissions... and I think the only one that does them frequently. Nad doesn't come to put people down.... he is just blunt. He isn't the one to come in and candy coat his criticism. I know he may sound like he is a jerk, because I used to think that when I first started posting here.

The style is that bad.

Good job making yourself sound like an idiot.... ever gallery member loves it when Nad posts on their topic cause they get a good critic. I mean like Hawk..... his hand drawing was awful with some of his stuff(No offense), Nadril told him that along with other stuff and now look at some of his new work.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

While I also believe that Nad's main intention is to help this guy, a critic that can't come up with a positive comment is a bad critc.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Dude... Nadril is one of the only people on this forum that does commissions... and I think the only one that does them frequently. Nad doesn't come to put people down.... he is just blunt. He isn't the one to come in and candy coat his criticism. I know he may sound like he is a jerk, because I used to think that when I first started posting here.

The style is that bad.

Good job making yourself sound like an idiot.... ever gallery member loves it when Nad posts on their topic cause they get a good critic. I mean like Hawk..... his hand drawing was awful with some of his stuff(No offense), Nadril told him that along with other stuff and now look at some of his new work.

Her. And not to make this thread any more pointless, but in the long run it was only his blatantly blunt ( :razz: ) 'You suck.' that made me want to go do something I'm good at.

As for the [new version] comic..

Comic Sans MS is an awful font for anything.

Art isn't horrible, does he do it in MSPaint or something though? The eye on the second page looks like crap... And the first page had no eyes, so I suggest working on that. And shading, there was no shading at all in the guy in the first panel.

If your artist really is using MSPaint or some program that came with his scanner... http://www.gimp.org or buy PhotoShop.

Why? He is a [bleep] head. The drawing style isn’t even that bad. It's not great but it isn’t bad.

What D: . Come on man, at least be relevant with this -- I posted that a number of months ago. At least it's always good to know I can still stir up some stuff in here, even with such an old post.

Dude... Nadril is one of the only people on this forum that does commissions... and I think the only one that does them frequently

Nah. I haven't done that many commissions. Too lazy...

While I also believe that Nad's main intention is to help this guy, a critic that can't come up with a positive comment is a bad critc.

It's hard sometimes. Considering I'm not the only critic here I leave the positive stuff to other dudes.

lol to the last one...

what are with the team soldier things? You play Battle Field Hero's?

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

lol to the last one...

=D>

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

lol to the last one...

No :wall:

Lol.... Battle field hero's must be the same models... they look almost the same...

Sorry if that offended you...lol

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

lol to the last one...

No :wall:

Lol.... Battle field hero's must be the same models... they look almost the same...

[spoiler=pICS]Battlefield-4.jpg

team-fortress-2-20071002102639539.jpg

I don't see any similarities between the soldier of TF2 and the soldier of BFH. Thanks for failing.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

What D: . Come on man, at least be relevant with this -- I posted that a number of months ago. At least it's always good to know I can still stir up some stuff in here, even with such an old post.

Dude... Nadril is one of the only people on this forum that does commissions... and I think the only one that does them frequently

Nah. I haven't done that many commissions. Too lazy...

It's hard sometimes. Considering I'm not the only critic here I leave the positive stuff to other dudes.

Well sorry. But just comming in here and seeing what you wrote just seemed very, very rude at the time.

When are you going to stop sucking up?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

That not sucking up idiot.... the last part was a joke because of his reaction....

Rachet, notice only one picture in which you cant compare to.... thank YOU for failing..... and now back to the topic at hand.... does this comic even still go on?

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

I'd have to agree, it's getting a little weird. I keep hearing things about myself that I never actually do (commissions, which I did like 1...) haha. But this isn't the topic for that.

Hm... one... I swear you have done more than that, because you have posted at least one, the aion online... or was that a commission. But also, I don't see how what I said was sucking up, honestly I'm not....

and creature.... thats too bad, I think it could have actually become good/better after a few more strips/practice.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Why not see if anybody else would like to help? If you come up with the plot and general storyboard with rough ideas of what you want in the pictures, there may be people who would be willing to do the detailed drawings for you.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^