Web comic: Chronicles of Elementias

cretureisland

A friend and I decided to start a web comic three weeks ago. We update the site every Sunday. http://elementias.webs.com/

In order to view the previous pages click on the archives link on the left. Also if you like it please click the vote button it will make me happy =)

balthasarx.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully its not supposed to be funny.

Some of the font is almost unreadable as well.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I don't quite get it. Am I missing something, or am I supposed to have watched some tv program it's based on?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Are you 10? That's the only explanation I could find for someone thinking this is actually an achievement of some sort. You can't get the font right, the writing makes my head hurt from how terrible it is (The hell is a 'peep' ?), the art is even worse and is like a bad cross between someone who couldn't draw and someone who just got his copy of photoshop elements and even the website backing it is terrible and barely functional (no back or forward pages, having to go to the archive and get a pre-generated "gallery" feature?) making it a chore to even try and read this thing.

If you actually are 17 like your profile tells me than I really feel for you, I really do.

I have gone back and reworked some of the text. I am still working on adjusting the style for the colorings. As for the art expect it to improve as both the artist and I do more of the pages (it would also be better if I had a tablet and fireworks). The bit with the peeps is actually an inside joke which was just going to last the first 2 pages. I really don't care for the host of the site. In a few weeks we will be moving to a pay site which will let me set it up to be more functional than it currently is.

balthasarx.png

From now on whenever I need some laughs I'm just gonna come here and read responses.

:lol:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Are you 10? That's the only explanation I could find for someone thinking this is actually an achievement of some sort. You can't get the font right, the writing makes my head hurt from how terrible it is (The hell is a 'peep' ?), the art is even worse and is like a bad cross between someone who couldn't draw and someone who just got his copy of photoshop elements and even the website backing it is terrible and barely functional (no back or forward pages, having to go to the archive and get a pre-generated "gallery" feature?) making it a chore to even try and read this thing.

If you actually are 17 like your profile tells me than I really feel for you, I really do.

Nadril never fails to make my day. =D>

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

In a few weeks we will be moving to a pay site which will let me set it up to be more functional than it currently is.

If I were you, I wouldn't pay for a host site until I could actually make a comic that people will read and like.

Just sayin'

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Nadril never fails to make my day. =D>

We love you Nadril, really, we do.

Still can't read it well. Inside jokes equal an instant fail when your trying to share them with people not involved because only those on the "inside" understand them and thats probably only like three people and your trying to share this with hopefully more then those three people.

tFtfA.jpg

Still can't read it well. Inside jokes equal an instant fail when your trying to share them with people not involved because only those on the "inside" understand them and thats probably only like three people and your trying to share this with hopefully more then those three people.

I am going to have the artist include less large blocks of text. It wasn't until that page was done that we decided to start to put it online.

balthasarx.png

Wish I could find this link on a bunch of tips on how to fix bad web comics. It really was a great resource and it went in depth into things such as text placement, bubble placement depending on the mood you wish to convey (like frantic and hurried or overbearing) and a lot of other neat things. Of course you probably want to start with the basics such as readability.

I already said a while back (might have been on another site) that the inside joke thing is done.

Also this weeks page will feature a change in my coloring style which will make it look a helluva lot better.

Next week we will begin experimenting with backgrounds.

balthasarx.png

Honestly, I don't really see much improvement.

I don't get if its trying to be serious or what. The story is pretty terrible, even though I don't even really know whats happening.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Why are you so fixated on the idea of a background when your characters still look terrible? Adding in more crap to a pile isn't going to make it any better, it'll just make it more of an eyesore.