Web comic: Chronicles of Elementias

cretureisland

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep we are going to restart the whole comic so we can have the storyline be better (hopefully the art to).

Yay. Are you going to use the same general plot though?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Ok, we have twisted the plot apart and entirely reassembled it, and have written out the first 2 chapters so it has thought put into it just wait till Sunday =)

Good work. Hopefully it pays off :P

14cseg4.gif

Draw what you see, not what you think-you-see. --Carl Purcell

Heh this is funny, he does various small comics to work on his styles. He doesn't really read other web comics and he had never even heard of YOSH, but one of his mini comics basically had exactly the same background only it was a nuclear disaster instead of magic even had a murderous penguin.

balthasarx.png

Well it seems you're headed in the right direction.

The plot is a lot more important than the artwork. Heck, I've seen stick figure comics that were enjoyable to read.

Here's my general tried-and-tested workflow if you're interested

1-Imagine the story without writing/drawing anything

2-Make a general plan

3-Create a script for at least the first episode

4-THUMBNAILS. This is probably the most important step, basically you'll want to draw each panel quickly to figure out the general placement of everything. This can be a real time saver later on.

5-Sketch. Go back to page one and sketch out a final version each panel before going into any detail.

6-Refining. Go over each sketch, making clean artwork, putting color if you want to, etc..

Notice how I put the writing part before the drawing. It's common sense actually, it's much easier to see images in your head when you read a story than to create one from images.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Do i smell a story line? :) Looks pretty good so far.

The dialogue sounds so much better this time around.

This is a good start, and the animation is much better as well.

14cseg4.gif

Draw what you see, not what you think-you-see. --Carl Purcell

Before we started on the comic this time around I had them write up the first 2 chapters now we have the first 3 chapters worth of comic done which really helps organize things.

I found a new way of removing the junk on the scanned page for when I have to trace it using the mouse which makes it flow much better, combined with the way detail is done now is working out quite well.

balthasarx.png

Improving, but I think Comic Sans looks tacky and btw, destiny is spelt incorrectly. Make sure you put things through a word processer first to check for spelling errors. :)

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Anything but Comic Sans. Wingdings would be a more apropriate font than comic sans..

If you can't think of any font to use you can always just use like Ariel or something.

Story is feeling really cheesy right now from the first page, tone it down a bit and try to avoid cliches. Artwork still isn't even close to what the artist can supposedly pull off, I would work on that. I would do it in black and white personally until you get color right.

http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml

There you go, free downloadable fonts that are perfect for comics. Try clicking the dialogue link first, the links with F next to it means it's free to download.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Story is feeling really cheesy right now from the first page, tone it down a bit and try to avoid cliches.

Lol. Most good comics start in a cliche'd way. Wait till he has a couple pages completed before making comments like that.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Thanks I found a pretty good font that I will use if I can figure out an easy way of doing the font bubbles as it is I have to use photobucket's tool for that.

http://www.astahost....bles_t6638.html

Helps if you have photoshop.

Edit; this isn't actually a very nice tut, I might find something better.

http://www.superlame.com/engine.php What about this? I unno.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Story is feeling really cheesy right now from the first page, tone it down a bit and try to avoid cliches.

Lol. Most good comics start in a cliche'd way. Wait till he has a couple pages completed before making comments like that.

I know. Just saying that a lot don't change.

My only problem with the most recent one was the 'Isn't he getting executed today? the human' (something like that) speech bubble. It was a different colour to the other one so appeared to be said by somebody else, but it was joined. Confused me as to who was saying it, and who to.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^