Do you lock your doors? (aka. trust the outside world?)

insane

my house gets locked at night. dotn think anyone would come around here to steal stuff, not very many rich people, and a lot of hicks. liable to get your head blown off if you start rummaging through somebodies house. i keep my katana next to my bed, if some one starts going through my room im cutting them :evil:
Unless you jacki Chan a kantana won't do much to stop a shot gun to the head.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this wierd thing that is annoying to my family - I always lock the doors, even when someone is outside doing something and will be coming back in soon. It's just auto pilot, I've even gotten out of the car, come inside and instantly locked the door and walked off. Then my mom comes 10 second later from the car and is locked out. And whenever I walk by a door and it's unlocked I lock it just out of habit.

As for my family, we normally don't lock the door if we're only gone a few mins, but for an hour or whatever, or more, and at night, all doors are locked.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Mum always locks the front door, at least, when she's home but out the back in the garden or whatever.

I generally just leave everything unlocked during the day but it's all locked during the night.

I don't lock the car when I'm down at the local shops. But I'll locked it when I go elsewhere :-? Which is fair enough since my entire area is pretty much a hole :\

but i am jackie chan :twisted:

isnt jacki chan chinese? or is he japanese? katanas are japanese swords.

i meant use the katana against robbers, not the hicks with shotguns. robber sneaking around wont expect someone lying in bed to slash him with a sword. probably id just freak and let him take all my stuff though :lol: still is cool thinking about what i could do :twisted:

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

yeah i lock my doors !!!!

look at the facts

over 11,000 people killed a year in US

around 35 a year in Aus.

So what if i live here... i can still say its not that nice of a place to live...there is oppurtunity that overweighs other things but other places are better in many more ways

i truly agree with the japanese or other places when they talk bad of us.

our wars are a whole different story that have to do with oppinions and i know people wold contradict me.

only other place id live is france because i speak some

US. is a country that locks its doors

theres actually some documentaray on this subject where they compared canada to america...dont remember if it was bowling for columbine or not...

US. is a country that locks its doors

theres actually some documentaray on this subject where they compared canada to america...dont remember if it was bowling for columbine or not...

Yea it was, and the footage was probably pretty selective ;)

It's pretty funny though, he's walking around Toronto into random people's houses with a camera and saying "just checking"... heheh

summerpngwy6.jpg

Might have been fahrenheit 911

but im thinking it was bowling for columbine

because i havent seen fahrenheit 911

our country should be ashamed yet proud at the same time...i know it sounds dumb

While we're on the subject. Micheal Moore is the biggest moron in the entire world.

Right, even though some (or most) his evidence is fudged, at least he backs up what he says. Unlike you.

summerpngwy6.jpg

isnt jacki chan chinese? or is he japanese?

Jackie Chan's from Hong Kong and unlike Bruce Lee (who is American) a real Asian kick behind martial arts ownage guy! thumbsup.gif

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

isnt jacki chan chinese? or is he japanese? katanas are japanese swords.

i meant use the katana against robbers, not the hicks with shotguns. robber sneaking around wont expect someone lying in bed to slash him with a sword. probably id just freak and let him take all my stuff though :lol: still is cool thinking about what i could do :twisted:

If he is unarmed all you need is to say hi to him and he/she'll run out of the house. Thieves don't generally go in for confrontations, and if they do they'll be armed, so your katana won't be much good.

On top of that we have an alarm.... :roll:

A burglar alarm is just good sense, it would ve VERY unusual if a house here in the UK didn't have one.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I used to live in an apartment and a town house and yes, I lock my doors cuz some dumb az kids sometimes bashes doors and runs away...

But back when I used to live in a sperate house with a back yard, we locked the front doors, but not the backyard one.

And yea, I live in Canada too.

And about Bowling for Columbine, in those "ghettos" they showed us, im pretty SURE they lock doors there.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

A friend of mine who lives close to me got his bike stolen. The bike was locked, but he'd forgotten to lock it to the bike rack.

So, I tend to keep my doors locked. Leaving them open (I can't close the door without 'locking' it - if I close the door, you can't get in from the outside without a key) is just asking to get robbed. If I leave the house for the weekend to visit my parents, I actually also 'really' lock the door.

A burglar alarm is just good sense, it would ve VERY unusual if a house here in the UK didn't have one.

I live in the UK and don't have a burglar alarm...

If I could be arsed, I would walk outside and take a photo of the surroundings of my house. But I can't be arsed so I won't. I live on 30 acres of bushland and my closest neighbour is a loooong way away, so no I do not lock my doors.

However, I have friends that leave their doors unlocked even when they go on vacation.

Srry to say but your friends are really dumd than :lol: .

It's a nightmare if all my stuff are gone and there is nothing left.

So yea we always lock our doors and when I forget one door my mother gets a bit mad at me. :lol:

Ditto.

A liverpudlian without a burglar alarm :shock:

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Ditto.

A liverpudlian without a burglar alarm :shock:

Someone probably just nicked it. :P

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Ditto.

Really? Driving around nowadays in Leeds you hardly see a house without one, and all those new Barrat style houses all come with them as standard.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

However, I have friends that leave their doors unlocked even when they go on vacation.

Srry to say but your friends are really dumd than :lol: .

Nah, they've never been robbed :P I live in quite the crime-free area.

summerpngwy6.jpg