Tip.it Kingdoms

The Dark Lord

So his towers should only have 1 RNG and not 3? cause that would make more sense if Terrain is made to be standard (which it should be)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll vote for a simple Earth map, it's easier to use since you wouldn't need to mark every single thing on the map.

EDIT: so my map fails? I thought there'd be some mistakes. The reason I put farm land seperately is because those are the only spots where they farm, the rest is just regular grass you can walk over, but the farm land has crops and such growing on them, and a lot of irrigation channels and such that are necessary for desert farming. But I can also just count it as grass (or plains), if you want me to.

Thats not the true map. I just finished making the real map, and its a whole lot easier to read.

The reason we're using Pangea is because all the land is joined, we wont have any player seperation, or epicly huge boat journeys.

2Xeo5.png

The problem with a correct and current Earth map is that we were afraid that history would simply repeat itself due to distribution of culture and resource.

What we have now is fine.

You just havn't seen the latest map, since I only just gave it to Sere.

Really, using the true Earth map is kind of irrational now.

could you PM it to me

its just a blown up, blurrier version of the front page one?!

are you going to use a grid less map for filling in land ownage? otherwise borders are going to look stupid, like civilization ones but worse. and good luck filling in coastal squares.

What we have now is fine.

You just havn't seen the latest map, since I only just gave it to Sere.

Really, using the true Earth map is kind of irrational now.

could you PM it to me

its just a blown up, blurrier version of the front page one?!

are you going to use a grid less map for filling in land ownage? otherwise borders are going to look stupid, like civilization ones but worse. and good luck filling in coastal squares.

Note how all the town maps are square. Each one of these maps represents a tile on that map. That is how all battlefield maps are set out.

Pray tell, how would I make borders without it looking exactly the same as that?

2Xeo5.png

and the kingdom version is basically a watered down version of Fire Emblem. The cool part is the community. The interaction. That's why I've stuck around so long, despite obvious flaws in any of these games.

[hide=A Brief History of the Shu Nation]The people and culture of what are known as the Shu descend from an earlier kingdom. It is not known where the Wei was originally from, but local legends attribute their past to migration from forgotten lands. On the fertile terrain at the junction of the Zhu and Song River, the Wei developed into farmers, skilled artisans, and proficient metalworkers. They did not have a large army, but there simply was no need for one; the earth was bountiful and peace had reigned for almost a hundred years.

Everything changed in the fifth year of the rule of the Konggu Emperor. Nomadic horsemen, spurred by an unknown impetus, began raids against frontier towns adjoining the northern grasslands. Striking with near impunity at first, they would swiftly overcome weak Wei resistance before stripping the locale of valuables and destroying what could not be carried off. With pleas for aid coming in from his officials, the Konggu Emperor decided to lead a grand military expedition himself in a bid to crush the barbarians for good.

He marshaled his soldiers and called upon the largest contingent of peasant levies in Wei history. This large military force marched out the capital in early March, with plans to relieve the garrison of a small fortress under threat from the wandering hordes. However, the army was lured into a narrow mountain pass, where the unwieldy bulk of so many units became a deadly disadvantage. The Emperor, his hundred advisors, and the cream of the Wei administration perished on the field of battle that day. Wholesale slaughter of Wei forces followed, as many were trapped between the enemy and impassable terrain.

Following this military catastrophe, there was nothing to stop the waves of nomads from sweeping deep into the heart of the Wei Kingdom. All of the outlying villages were burned, and what was a steady flow of refugees early in the war became a rising flood. The desperate and destitute peasantry flooded into the major cities, but with farmland either abandoned or destroyed, famine gripped the nation. Further defeats in the field led to the sacking of Zongdian and Nanfang.

Into this chaos, one man stepped forward to save his people. Sun Tai, Governor of Shikou, was born the third son of a low-ranked civil administrator. As his father possessed neither great rank or wealth, young Tai was forced to rely on his wits and hard work to succeed. After graduating from the Royal Academy with high marks, he was sent to a post in a border province, from where he rose to become governor.

Sun Tai foresaw the imminent collapse of the Wei Kingdom and took protective measures to safeguard his territory. Since both the Wei society and army were now headless, Governor Tai rallied the remainder of the local militia and began an extensive fortification of his city. Drawing upon his previous military studies at the academy, Tai believed that the only way to break the nomads' strength was to avoid open combat and rely on strong walls to hold back their cavalry until their numbers were depleted by the starvation and disease of a long seige. When the moment was right, he launched an armed sortie that pinned the horsemen against the city walls. Unable to manuveur, their forces were killed or routed.

The governor had won a great victory, but the country he had known was in shambles. Ten of thousands had died, and the survivors would have to deal with critically low supplies of food and other essentials. Almost all the infrastructure would have to be built again from scratch. Yet, Sun Tai was ready to take on the challenge. After cementing his position as the new king, he proclaimed a new nation. One that would be titled as... the Shu.[/hide]

OOC: I'll post the map of Shikou at a later time, along with a general terrain map of the surrounding area with locations of the 2 other (small) towns marked. Also to come will be an overview of Shu society, layout of the new army, and a tech tree.

OOC2: Would it be possible to delegate a new thread specifically for OOC talk? That way, all the questions, comments, and other stuff wouldn't be sandwiched in between in the IC posts, and it would be easier to follow the action.

Tact.gif

[hide=A Brief History of the Han Nation]The people and culture of what are known as the Han descend from an earlier kingdom. It is not known where the Wei was originally from, but local legends attribute their past to migration from forgotten lands. On the fertile terrain at the junction of the Zhu and Song River, the Wei developed into farmers, skilled artisans, and proficient metalworkers. They did not have a large army, but there simply was no need for one; the earth was bountiful and peace had reigned for almost a hundred years.

Everything changed in the fifth year of the rule of the Konggu Emperor. Nomadic horsemen, spurred by an unknown impetus, began raids against frontier towns adjoining the northern grasslands. Striking with near impunity at first, they would swiftly overcome weak Wei resistance before stripping the locale of valuables and destroying what could not be carried off. With pleas for aid coming in from his officials, the Konggu Emperor decided to lead a grand military expedition himself in a bid to crush the barbarians for good.

He marshaled his soldiers and called upon the largest contingent of peasant levies in Wei history. This large military force marched out the capital in early March, with plans to relieve the garrison of a small fortress under threat from the wandering hordes. However, the army was lured into a narrow mountain pass, where the unwieldy bulk of so many units became a deadly disadvantage. The Emperor, his hundred advisors, and the cream of the Wei administration perished on the field of battle that day. Wholesale slaughter of Wei forces followed, as many were trapped between the enemy and impassable terrain.

Following this military catastrophe, there was nothing to stop the waves of nomads from sweeping deep into the heart of the Wei Kingdom. All of the outlying villages were burned, and what was a steady flow of refugees early in the war became a rising flood. The desperate and destitute peasantry flooded into the major cities, but with farmland either abandoned or destroyed, famine gripped the nation. Further defeats in the field led to the sacking of Zongdian and Nanfang.

Into this chaos, one man stepped forward to save his people. Sun Tai, Governor of Shikou, was born the third son of a low-ranked civil administrator. As his father possessed neither great rank or wealth, young Tai was forced to rely on his wits and hard work to succeed. After graduating from the Royal Academy with high marks, he was sent to a post in a border province, from where he rose to become governor.

Sun Tai foresaw the imminent collapse of the Wei Kingdom and took protective measures to safeguard his territory. Since both the Wei society and army were now headless, Governor Tai rallied the remainder of the local militia and began an extensive fortification of his city. Drawing upon his previous military studies at the academy, Tai believed that the only way to break the nomads' strength was to avoid open combat and rely on strong walls to hold back their cavalry until their numbers were depleted by the starvation and disease of a long seige. When the moment was right, he launched an armed sortie that pinned the horsemen against the city walls. Unable to manuveur, their forces were killed or routed.

The governor had won a great victory, but the country he had known was in shambles. Ten of thousands had died, and the survivors would have to deal with critically low supplies of food and other essentials. Almost all the infrastructure would have to be built again from scratch. Yet, Sun Tai was ready to take on the challenge. After cementing his position as the new king, he proclaimed a new nation. One that would be titled as... the Han.[/hide]

OOC: I'll post the map of Shikou at a later time, along with a general terrain map of the surrounding area with locations of the 2 other (small) towns marked. Also to come will be an overview of Han society, layout of the new army, and a tech tree.

... I already took the Han please look before you post.

LNYvk.png

Hm... I didn't see your claim marked in the first post, and I guess I missed your post. I'll rename my tribe to be the Shu then, but I'd still prefer to have a Chinese-based civilization. Hopefully there's no problem with that. :)

Tact.gif

Hm... I didn't see your claim marked in the first post, and I guess I missed your post. I'll rename my tribe to be the Shu then, but I'd still prefer to have a Chinese-based civilization. Hopefully there's no problem with that. :)

No problem as long as you dont decide to invade... (was hoping for a monopoly on silk sigh)

LNYvk.png