Tip.it Kingdoms

The Dark Lord

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paul I had just posted a map fyi.

The map you used is missing sere, use my map and update over that.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I want slot number AE-19 as my "homeland".

*will edit with stat sheet when found*

The Garlons

Home town: Garlond

[hide=history]

The Garlons are a rather secretie society, only recently discovered by the more "civilized" of nations. It seems they have lived in secrecy for numerous years without even trying to contact any more human life. Their language mostly consists of movement and grunting, however there are some distinguishable "words" that sound almost Celtic in nature. Their origins are unknown.[/hide]

[hide=Advantages/Disadvantages/Special Traits]

Special skills:

• Fine tuned with nature (skilled animal domestication). Their lack of human contact has caused them to be very finely intune with nature. This appears to have made the Garlons mimic certain animalistc traits such as home construction, defensive mechanisms and gathering styles. They're town almost resembles a cacoon, or a hive of their native poisonous bee, for example.
  • Resourceful (no wasted resources, excellent in the field of agriculture). The lack of human trade has lead the Garlons to evolve into a nation that doesn't waste a single resource. This is similiar to the Native American behaviour.

Advantages:

• advanced husbandry
  • unified with environment for extra bonus (mostly terrain bonuses TBA)
  • fast units
  • “tribal” herbal healing knowledge/prowess (TBA)
  • excess in food and wood

Disadvantages:

• low industrial tech (no armor)
  • primitive weaponry
  • reliant on nature bonuses
  • lack of man-made transportation
  • lack of mining/blacksmith[/hide]

[hide=Common Weapons]

knives (rock, animal tooth)

daggers (ivory)

short swords (serrated tusks)

non-metal shields (tanned hide over wood)

leather armor

rock-tipped arrow / Bow

Poison berry “spit” (immunity built up from young age, blinds enemies)

Zulu Axe (see picture)

[/hide]

Unit Roster: [subject to change with fluzuating stat caps]

[hide]

Civilian:

DS: 0/7

MS: 4/6

RNG: 2

Value: 4

Soldier(archer):

DS: 3/7

MS: 5/6

RNG: 5/8

Value: 8

Soldier(sword): http://www.chromatrix.com/assets/images/Archetypen-Moha.gif

DS: 4/7

MS: 5/6

RNG: 1/5

Value: 8

Elephant Soldier: http://membres.lycos.fr/frodon9/hpbimg/oliphant.jpg

DS: 6/7

MS: 4/9

RNG: 2/5

Value: 35

Knight: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/thumb/c/c0/Marcus.jpg/250px-Marcus.jpg

DS: 5/7

MS: 8/9

Value: 18

Tiger Soldier: http://media.photobucket.com/image/tiger%20calvary/boba64/TigerCalvaryBlergh.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/tiger%20cavalry/SuperSaiyanBowser2/Motivational%20Posters/MotivationalTigerCavalry.jpg

DS: 2/7

MS: 9/9

Value: 20

Hero:

http://www.whsliberalarts.org/zulu-king-shaka-zulu.jpg

DS: 4/9

MS: 5/7

RNG: 2/5

Value: 40

*Effect: Morale Shout (increases OS/DS by +2/+1 for all adjacent units)

[/hide]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Updated the map to include Garlon. My map will always have the same URL, so it's easy to keep current.

Everyone should make sure they check the first post for changes before they post.

My suggestions/votes for build times

Houses - up to 3 per year

Wall section - up to 2 per year

Towers - 1 per year

Castles/Forts - 1 every 3 years.

PER town.

I.e. if you have 2 towns, you may build 6 houses per year.

@Penguin, welcome aboard :) Glad to see you're taking part.

If you're making a starting army, I think "we" agreed it should be limited to 500 people (50 units) 'for now'... yeah.

Found this randomly: Norway, eh?

is not really a country in Northern Europe

[hide=Definitely not cold..]511px-Satellite_image_of_Norway_in_February_2003.jpg[/hide]

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

After a day of indecisiveness and typing up posts before deleting them, I've finally decided to be the Huns, more or less. I'll probably drag in some traits of other civilizations (Norse or Anglo-Saxon, most likely), but yea, Huns. Fun.

I'll type up the history and description, make my capital, and post a unit roster later.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Dungeonal, it said:

is a country in Northern Europe occupying the western portion of the Scandinavian Peninsula,

You must have rewritten it.

And the pic you found must have been from the ice age, it is not even mouch snow here at winter, I'll post a pic of my neighborhood soon to prove it.

EDIT:

[spoiler=My street at the time of this post]143918.jpg

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Dungeonal, it said:

is a country in Northern Europe occupying the western portion of the Scandinavian Peninsula,

And the pic you found must have been from the ice age, it is not even mouch snow here at winter, I'll post a pic of my neighborhood soon to prove it.

Are you calling me a liar? http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Norway&action=historysubmit&diff=322703371&oldid=322696968

No, I didn't rewrite it. I'm not that sad. I just thought it was funny.

Oh, and, as far as I know, they didn't have cameras in the Ice age.

Dungeonal, it said:

Are you calling me a liar? http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Norway&action=historysubmit&diff=322703371&oldid=322696968

No, I didn't rewrite it. I'm not that sad. I just thought it was funny.

Oh, and, as far as I know, they didn't have cameras in the Ice age.

Ok, misswritten; of the ice age then, not from.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

OOC: It's only the end of October. There's plenty of time left in winter for Scandinavia and all of the northern latitudes to get positively frigid. If not, you can always blame global warming.

Alright, here's the next batch of information on the Shu. A tech tree, with horizontal lines meaning "required for," and vertical lines meaning both technologies must be implemented before anything further down the line can be researched.

[hide=Diagram]TechTree.png[/hide]

[hide=Descriptions]Irrigation (3 days): Boosts food production and population capacity.

Animal Husbandry (3 days): Boosts food production and allows for the recruitment of lancers.

Crop Rotation (4 days): Boosts food production and population capacity beyond that of Irrigation alone.

Artificial Selection (6 days): Further boosts food production and capacity beyond that of Crop Rotation.

Masonry (3 days): Allows for the construction of additional heavy walls and increases building integrity by 10%.

Architecture (4 days): Allows for the construction of additional castles and increases building integrity by another 10% on top of Masonry.

Fortification (6 days): Allows for the construction of fortified camps and further increases building integrity by 10% beyond that of Architecture.

Blast Furnace (5 days): Allows for a larger standing army and the recruitment of long swordsmen.

Mechanics (3 days): Allows for the research of Ballistics and Engineering.

Ballistics (4 days): All missile units receive a +1 bonus to damage and range. Allows for the recruitment of Zhuge crossbowmen.

Engineering (4 days): Allows for the recruitment of engineers.

Siege Warfare (5 days): Allows for the recruitment of siege engines and siege engineers.

Chemistry (6 days): Allows for the recruitment of gunpowder units, and munitions experts.

Civil Administration (4 days): Increases all research speeds by 25% and decreases military recruitment times by 25%. Allows for one additional research to be performed at any given time.

Public Works (4 days): Allows for the efficient construction of roads, canals, and bridges. Cuts down on construction time of all buildings by 20%.

Census (4 days): Allows for Conscription to be researched.

Conscription (5 days): Allows for the recruitment of up to 15% of the total population in military levies. If activated, food production will be cut up to 30%, and a similar proportion of up to 100% of non-military public projects will be halted.

Academy (5 days): Increases all research speeds by an additional 25% beyond that of Civil Administration. Allows for a larger standing army and the improvement of field logistics.

Navigation (6 days): Allows for the construction of galleys and transports.

Dry Dock (6 days): Allows for the construction of large seagoing junks. Cuts down on ship repair times by 50%.[/hide]

I was going to type up more detailed descriptions of each research along with little intros, but that would have taken even longer than it already did. And Im lazy. :mellow:

Next up are unit descriptions and stats (I hope some of the names have intrigued you), followed by an overview of the socio-economic and military situation. Hopefully I can make or find some neat little avatars for my units.

Edit: The Garlons' poisonberry spit reminds me of the veloceraptors in Jurrasic Park. :D

Tact.gif

I don't see why you guys even bother to argue with a Norwegian about how winter is in Norway. I am bound to know that better than you.

Most of Norway has a min temperature of about -13 degrees celsius, at which point you can still be outside in normal clothes for over one hour and still keep your health.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

OOC: Listen, Mather, you're getting far too worked up over this. I was speaking to my Norwegian friend about it, and..

<name removed> says (09:10):

*I can't see why anyone would deny that Norway is and always has been a hellhole.

You can either believe that, or you won't, it doesn't matter. Just drop it, okay. This is a game. Not real life.

Also.. Granzi.. You call yourself lazy?! Everything you've posted so far is very impressive. Makes me feel small!

Mather, modern day technology allows for a lot more agriculture, and agriculture in harsher places. A thousand or more years ago, Norway wasn't a great place for agriculture compared to other parts of the world. Norway is pretty far north. We're not insulting you, just saying that it wasn't always the happy abundant place you're saying it is now.

Alright, I'll start. Here's the updated map. I couldn't remember what font we're suppose to use, so someone will have to fill my Kingdom name in, just write Brazil next to the pink square in the key. There are two people with the same color on the map.

Also, each pixel on the map=7km, at the equator. Further away it equals less.

[hide=map]worldmap.png[/hide]

[hide=town map(Brasilia)]townmap.png[/hide]

Here's my tribe's history:

[hide=History]

The Brazilian people are best known for their ships, and sailing prowess. Being 450km from the closest island, and even further to the mainland has forced them to use ships as their main mode of transportation for trading. The town of Brasilia is located in an extremely temperate area, allowing for several harvests in one year. Though the northern regions of their island have yet to be explored, a possible mine was discovered by an explorer a few dozen km to the north. [/hide]

Currently, we're working on building a second town to the north. It'll be a while though. I'll do a roster later.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Also, each pixel on the map=7km, at the equator. Further away it equals less.

Also, each pixel on the map=7.5km, at the equator. Further away it equals less.

I'll update the key and change Sere's colour now.

Maps updated.