Buying From Shops Profit Guide

Gigatiran

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help guys! I will try to update this guide more later tonight, I'm pretty busy right now. I'll finish checking up the shops I missed, format and organize a little better (maybe give tips for routes and getting around), and try to add some times.

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

It might be useful to mark the closest bank for those items which aren't stackable.

Also, the lunar isle general store stocks 1000 empty vials. It's not very well known, and could also be useful for people training herblore as another source of vials.

Tact.gif

Tough I'm F2P I Like this guide =).

I've been doing Eye of newts for like ages :D.

It sure helps.

if u need help I'm always able to help.

Like track times and stuff. (Only F2P stores tougfh ) =D

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

Last time I checked, Blast furnace sells several hundred ore at a pretty cheap price; though it has been a while since I bought it out. Worth checking though (I'd do it myself but have very little playing time at the moment.) From my experience the best way of buying it out was using a BoB and glorying to Edgeville to bank (as you obviously can't bank at GE with the BoB out); then you can use the GE shortcut from edgeville and get to the keldagrim trapdoor without having to unsummon.

Didn't specifically time it against running to/from Keldagrim bank, but it definitely felt quicker. If you're going to use the Keldagrim bank method, suggest a Terrorbird for the tireless run. You shouldn't need tireless run if you bank at Edgeville as you hardly run at all with the ores in your inventory.

Nice guide; if possible it might be worth giving a rough estimate for the time it takes for each shop to restock.

Be warned that the broad arrow heads take ages (even days) to sell, even at minimum.Runes are are safe bet tho, will sell instant at mid.

Broad arrow heads sell on med easily after a few hours...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Be warned that the broad arrow heads take ages (even days) to sell, even at minimum.Runes are are safe bet tho, will sell instant at mid.

Broad arrow heads sell on med easily after a few hours...

Well, if you say so but it took 8hours+ for mine to sell at min last night. Must just be unlucky.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Well, i didn't see this in your guide, but you can buy 80 seaweed and 40 pineapples per day at Ahreim on Catherby, it's like 30k~ profit on just one run :cool:

btw, nice guide

R_Silkwood.png

@santana_raphael

I'm retired from Runescape due to my really bad connection, maybe coming back soon

Good guide, especially as you are going to add more info.

The best profit is from the unfinished broad bolts. I do this daily.

I can see the other items listed in your guide that are stackable like runes and feathers would be worth doing especially for people without good money making skills.

However for other items like vials, I tried doing this today for my own personal use and it took a long time approximately 30 mins for 1k water-filled vials at Shilo Village. The shop at Lunar Isle is closer but only stocks unfilled water vials and I already have 99 magic. I even purchased some molten glass even though they cost over 500 gp each to make my own glass vials however the glass-blowing animation takes so long, that I couldn't even make a decent amount of vials per hour.

Even unstackable items like raw bird meat and rabbit meat for my own personal use that I gather for slayer from the stores take a fair amount of time to run.

I find this tedious and painful, I wish that the shops would simply sell noted items, as the items are so strictly rationed.

I just don't find it fun to run to and from stores, and a lot of these items barely sell through the GE, I would happily pay higher prices, even 4x current prices. I hope jagex relaxes the price caps on items so that more people have an incentive to do the work of running to stores to purchase items for a profit.

Thank you for making this guide though, perhaps more people will consider running to purchase these items and then they may finally be buyable on the GE.

I'm not sure if you listed the store at the Lighthouse, it does stock some items.

Nice guide!

I made some video-guides for the most profitable shops out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN0_7H4EFJI this one is mostly runes and some 'dailies' like buckets of sand and battle staves. Also 2k feathers, 300 raw bird meat, 3k broad bolt tip and 1.5k broad arrow tips (GE min equals shop price at about 1.5k usually).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqlzY12it0g Guide two, explains bagged plants 1 and yak-hides in Jatiszo (didn't see in your guide, you should add it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIFboSMS9j0 And the last one explains (water filled) vials and eyes of newt, since they recently got updated so you can buy them in boxed sets.

If you want to add my videos to your guide, feel free to do so :).

You've made a very detailed guide here, btw :o.

joukesig.png

Thanks to you, I did about 10 minutes of running around and am now 430K richer. And thats only doing stackables. I think I have found a new favorite daily. Thanks :thumbsup:

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

Honest to god I produced a 1.1m profit today from this guide! Took less than 20 minutes, and I even skipped some shops!

Started with: 4040k (4,040,000 gp)

Ended with: 5115k (5,155,000)

Some picutres! :thumbsup:

30lz1n5.png

2afflsg.png

Give me a few seconds and I'll update this post with what shops I went to and what I bought!

1251842664adamantdragonsignature.png

The update today just made this guide that much more useful.

Item packs!

We've created a handful of item packs for some shops, similar to the box of spirit shards. In certain shops, you can now buy the whole stock of eyes of newt, empty or water-filled vials, raw bird meat, and empty baskets or sacks in one go.
Furia_Deorum.png

Great guide! I will be sure to try this after i get 99 hunter. (only 1 more level to go :D)

The only thing I'm concerned about is the time it takes to run the items back and forth to a bank, and how fast the items sell on the grand exchange. The only reason for this is because lately (I don't know if its just me) but it seems that things are taking extra long to buy and sell over the GE.

Great guide all the same, and I will be sure to try it out soon!

P.S - Any one have any comments on how long its been taking to sell these specific items?

Thanks

metroidsmudge.png