What did you do today?

Ouchy

The weather messed up my running schedule this week, so instead of going to the gym today, I did an improve trail run that took me on the sketchiest path that had me scaling the side of a mountain for a little bit, and then once I made it to the top of the trail, I was welcomed by a fence that seemed to have no openings so I had to jump it.

tFtfA.jpg

I ran a half marathon yesterday then did leg day today. Also, I've got up 3kgs in weight in the last 3 months

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Well, I think I took the start too slow. About 8km's of the run was on the beach and I took it easy because I've never run on the beach before, so I was able to almost sprint the last 2k's which I wouldn't have been able to do if I had run harder earlier.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Did legs yesterday, I made the mistake of doing leg press before squats cos there was no rack free (someone was doing friggen bent over rows in one...)

Turns out that was a big mistake, my quads were so burnt out. I also went for a ten minute run at the end of my workout for the lolz.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Let's rename this thread to: "what leg workout did you do today" :P

Okay, Jose.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

All the squat racks are being used so I have to squat in the smith. Fuuuuu

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I need to buy some running shoes..They're too dam expensive though.

Has anyone here run a marathon?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Neither. I want to though

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Can I really be bothered running for 4 hours though?

I doubt I'm going to get it any less than 10km/h

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It really does take a bit of a time investment to run full marathons. I don't think I would challenge myself to do any faster then 3:30-4. The only people I know who are able to run it with any amount of speed, are basically semi-pro athletes.

tFtfA.jpg

It's ridiculous people can do it in 2 hours

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Starting again with squats and deadlifts. Beginning with really low weight, gonna see how long I can keep adding 5lbs per workout. Squatting 60 deadlifting 85 now. Lol....

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I haven't been making much progress towards my planche goal, sadly. I think this is because despite doing the "grease the groove" method for planches like I did for the one-arm chinup, I'm only increasing my reps w/o increasing the weight. In other words, my endurance is going up, but not necessarily my strength. Going to start doing pseudo planche pushups w/ 20 lbs in my backpack and then add more weight every time I do 5 pushups with that weight. That's basically how I developed the chinup strength so quickly, so theoretically it should be the best way to train my planches too.

Did 3 pseudo planche pushups w/ 20 lbs just now. Next goal: 5 pushups w/ 20 lbs :D

77yLQy8.png

Can you planche?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

No :(

Right now I'm following the progression outlined in this video:

Even though I can do a lot of pseudo planche pushups now (the first progression), I still can't do a single wall planche pushup (the second progression). So I'm just doing weighted pseudos now to train for the wall planche pushups. Then I'll use weights for those too until I can do straddle planche pushups (the third progression). After straddle planche pushups finally comes the full planche pushups, which is my long-term goal. Not sure how long it'll take to get there... I'm shooting for a few months.

77yLQy8.png

I've heard just doing a normal planche is mainly balance (without the pushup), looks awesome when done though

RIP Michaelangelopolous