What did you do today?

Ouchy

What I'm currently doing:

5-10 mins of warm up dancing :D

rope skipping for around half an hour

8 min abs (can find it on youtube)

Leg raises, forearm extensions, push up holds, female pushups, abs bicycle, abs - scissors (all exercises 8-15 reps, 3 sets)

Pretty much! :)

Why female pushups? Everyone can do at least 1-2 regular ones, even females.

Might be that I am a bit ruined with me being able to do 30+ without any regular exercise or anything, but still.

Tim, my road to any public transportation stop or any shop is 2.5 klicks and I can do it in 20 mins without running... If you seriously want to train with walking/jogging, you gotta do more. Walking 10 klicks or so is almost a must for me anytime that I go to any party. And I have done it with partying clothes in 57 minutes. Without running most of the time.

Edit: Just tried those pushups, did 31 in a row without breaking a sweat. Actually I was a bit surprised, since I haven't been to a basketball practice since the start of December and my last time at a gym was more than a year ago.

I think my reason for being able to do so many is in that my BMI is under 20 now, I think and most of my life I have been fighting against being underweight. I even wish right now that I could gain a few (tens) of kilograms, so that I wouldn't be that bony. But I can't seem to add weight, no matter what and no matter how much I eat.

Edited by SaqPrets

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm naturally skinny too, but I generally see trying to gain weight as a waste of time/effort/money. I was 105 lbs at 5'8 when I started lifting (I was a twig), and within a few months I was 125 lbs w/o changing my diet. Just consistent lifting. Four years later, my bodyweight really hasn't gone up yet I can bench like 150lbs more than I could 4 years ago. Similarly, I look really strong nowadays without trying to adjust my bodyweight. My muscles aren't exactly big, but there's a lot of definition and stuff. They're pretty small compared to my friends who have bigger frames than me, but my muscles are pretty big relative to my body size.

So in other words, just work out consistently and make sure you're getting stronger every week and the results will come eventually

77yLQy8.png

I'm naturally skinny too, but I generally see trying to gain weight as a waste of time/effort/money. I was 105 lbs at 5'8 when I started lifting (I was a twig), and within a few months I was 125 lbs w/o changing my diet. Just consistent lifting. Four years later, my bodyweight really hasn't gone up yet I can bench like 150lbs more than I could 4 years ago. Similarly, I look really strong nowadays without trying to adjust my bodyweight. My muscles aren't exactly big, but there's a lot of definition and stuff. They're pretty small compared to my friends who have bigger frames than me, but my muscles are pretty big relative to my body size.

So in other words, just work out consistently and make sure you're getting stronger every week and the results will come eventually

Do you do a lot of lower body exercises? I know all about your planche and chinup activities etc...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Nope, after I finish my planche goal, my next goal will be to run a marathon since I've always neglected cardio and lower-body workouts.

When I was in college I did do squats 1-2 times per week. Just not very hard since I'm afraid of doing squats and deadlifts with really heavy weights and getting injured. So my lower body never got as strong as it could've been.

I figured a shitty leg workout was better than no leg workout :P

77yLQy8.png

That's probably why you don't bulk up then....if you even just did squats and deadlifts 2,3 times a week I imagine you'd put on more weight.

But make sure you use free weights if you do, machines are lame.

polvCwJ.gif

I didn't start gaining weight until I did squats actually. I always do 3 sets of 8-12 reps to warm up, then I do about 3-5 sets of 5 until I can only do two reps. I end up on about 140kg, haven't gone up in a while. You have to squat deep, yo

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I didn't start gaining weight until I did squats actually. I always do 3 sets of 8-12 reps to warm up, then I do about 3-5 sets of 5 until I can only do two reps. I end up on about 140kg, haven't gone up in a while. You have to squat deep, yo

dat deep knee bend, ass to the ground

polvCwJ.gif

FACE DOWN ASS UP

What type of squats do you do bro

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Yesterday, we did the craziest exercises that I somehow have never heard of/done. (Some of them, at least...)

Mountain climbers?

The runner?

Crabs

As well as a bunch of other things I've never heard of. But boys and girls, lemme tell you; they kick the [bleep] out of you.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Today I maxed my bench for the first time since like April 2012. Only 155 lbs ;( I've got work to do. Was at 200 lbs in my prime >_>

you're getting old, stop trying :P

Chinups aren't doing it for me anymore, trying to find a good rope to climb. Seems like every single one I can find is crazy expensive and twice as long as I need. I really only need 4 metres (planning to tie it around an I-beam in my basement and climb it sitting, so it's only about an 8 ft climb....

polvCwJ.gif

Have you tried doing weighted chins? You don't need a fancy weighted vest or anything... Just a backpack full of textbooks works.

When I was shooting for the one-arm chinup, the weighted chins seemed to give me the biggest strength gains

GAINS

I do actually have a weighted vest, but I'm trying to sell it. I may try that...

polvCwJ.gif

About two weeks left until school starts again. Done with work as of now, so I've been going to the gym/exercising more regularly now that I have more time.

I bike 25 miles every other day, which is refreshing. But I went out and bought some expensive running shoes since at school I won't be able to bike at all. So i'll be hitting up the track for cardio now.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |