What did you do today?

Ouchy

I want to buy an Olympic weight set....but it would be such a waste of money given how often I'd actually use it.

The only "planche training" I've done is just doing pushups with my hands lower down.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I've started tracking my daily pushups. But since I do them at random points during the day, I'm only recording my "high score" for each day.

November 09, 2012: 5 pushups, with 22.3 lbs on my back

November 10, 2012: 2 pushups, with 29.7 lbs on my back

November 11, 2012: 5 pushups, with 32.3 lbs on my back

November 12, 2012: 5 pushups, with 35.7 lbs on my back

I increase the weight by ~3 lbs once I can do 5 pushups w/ the previous weight

77yLQy8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Daily "best" sets below. I do a set about every 2-3 hours. Currently trying to develop the proper form for the wall planche pushups. They're really hard to do with socks on since I barely have any traction, so that's what I'm mostly working on now, before I start adding weight and attempting straddle planches.

Pseudo Planche Pushups:

November 09, 2012: 5 pushups, with 22.3 lbs on my back

November 10, 2012: 2 pushups, with 29.7 lbs on my back

November 11, 2012: 5 pushups, with 32.3 lbs on my back

November 12, 2012: 3 pushups, with 41.0 lbs on my back

November 18, 2012: 3 pushups, with 47.4 lbs on my back

Wall Planche Pushups:

November 12, 2012: 3 pushups

November 28, 2012: 3 pushups, with 3.5 lbs on my back

November 30, 2012: 2 pushups

December 01, 2012: 4 pushups

December 02, 2012: 4 pushups

December 03, 2012: 7 pushups

77yLQy8.png

Awesome

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Well, I live in Australia, so you'll have to do with Jeff

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

• 1 month later...

Awesome

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Got some new training equipment - A 69mm hub and a 76mm pinch block.

It's very humbling to try a 20kg lift with the hub, only to find it be a complete struggle. Managed 17.5kg in plates with the loading pin, carabiner and hub itself weighing around 1.5kg, so 19kg total.

Hoping to get some quick gains - 20kg by the end of the month would be nice.

For reference, this is a 'hub': [hide] 1244-11_f.jpg [/hide]

It's okay, I'll visit Jimmy for you. Looking back, my last post here.... was page 1 in 2009. O_o

lately I've been mostly watching what I eat, nom more fruits and the brisk walk/jog around the (2.5km) block to slowly get fit. I cant afford a GYM or ANY equipment, so it'll do until I get a job.

As for marathon discussion last page, I've always wanted to compete in an Iron Man marathon. (it's an aussie thing), consists of rowing, biking and running. sadly im years away from that.

Popoto.~<3

Is that to make your fingers stronger? Are you a rock climber?

I've done a lot of gripwork in the past year or so - it's mainly because my part-time job requires lifting heavy stuff with little to no grip - but I figure that the amount we use our hands during the day, having some extra strength wouldn't hurt.

Plus, doing double overhand deadlifts has become much easier - I've noticed that a lot of people complain that their fingers give out before their bodies do, whereas my body gives out before my hands do.

(The hub and pinch block however aren't for that type of grip - I'm trying to induce some muscle growth for my thumb. I've worked crushing grip a lot, but my thumb is relatively weak.)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not super huge on mass right now.

I also don't take creatine, but I believe that most lifters here do. I just can't rule having crystals in my liver if I don't get enough water. Also, it just makes your muscles bigger with water, no?

I'm doing more toning and cardio right now.

I do some normal super sets I guess.

Example:

bicep curls (basic)

10 @ 25 reps (warm up, get the blood pumping)

20 @ 20 reps (feel the burn, sometimes. Depends how tiring my day was lol)

15 @ ~18 reps

and so on

Not really hat hard, but as I said before, toning is my goal.

I also have a bad right shoulder, so I have to make sure that I'm completely done training with, say, 20 pound weights to move up to 25, you know?

We have a home gym thing at home, but I'm not a fan of it.

I usually go to Retro Fitness; http://www.retrofitness.net/Web/ww/en/home.dhtml

The people are nice, people clean the machines when they're done, and no one is really obnoxious when they lift. I like it :)

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

In the past, I would buy 12lb bags of these weight gain supplements and drink them for breakfast. Decided to order another bag for the first time in several months... sadly they no longer have chocolate so I ordered vanilla. Just tried vanilla and it tastes disgusting. Don't get me wrong-- the chocolate wasn't exactly delicious, but at least it was consumable. Just looking at this 12lb bag of nasty vanilla powder makes my stomach churn lol :(

Lesson learned: taste it before you order 12 lbs of it

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

In the past, I would buy 12lb bags of these weight gain supplements and drink them for breakfast. Decided to order another bag for the first time in several months... sadly they no longer have chocolate so I ordered vanilla. Just tried vanilla and it tastes disgusting. Don't get me wrong-- the chocolate wasn't exactly delicious, but at least it was consumable. Just looking at this 12lb bag of nasty vanilla powder makes my stomach churn lol :(

Lesson learned: taste it before you order 12 lbs of it

Whyyyyyyy...weight gain supplements are dumb. Work out, and eat nutritious food. You don't need chemicals to gain weight.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti