Trance

runescape_rocks

Do any of you guys listen to trance? I really like it because I play piano and some other instruments and I like beat a lot. Some DJs I listen to are DJ Tiesto, DJ Hybrid, DJ Prada, DJ Tinman, DJ Mystik, DJ Sammy, and thereÃâáÃÆÃÂ¥s a bunch more. Sry if this topic just seems stupid to you guys.

mysig31ha.png

Not stupid at all. I'm sure you'll find some big trance fans. :wink:

Though.. I'm not especially fond of trance music. I have a few old songs (my favorite is still Heaven by DJ Sammy, aha), but that's really it.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

I'm not really into trance. I mean, I listen and dance a bit on it when I go out, but it's not like I turn it on when I'm behind the computer.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I seem to have plenty trance style CD's on my computer from my sister's collection, some of it's pretty good. Does Moby count as trance? with all the whale noises? :P Some's better than others, i always liked DJ Sammy and Scooter.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I used to be really into trance..

Artists like Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Blank and Jones.. etc. I also liked UK hardhouse which started out in the early 90's as that cheesy big-bassline sound but evolved into a really hard style of trance.

I actually dabble a little with music production myself, and have made a few trance songs:

.com.au/biox/]http://www[extension not allowed].com.au/biox/

Artists like Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Blank and Jones.. etc. I also liked UK hardhouse which started out in the early 90's as that cheesy big-bassline sound but evolved into a really hard style of trance.

I actually dabble a little with music production myself, and have made a few trance songs:

You have good taste in artists :)

I got my list of trance floating around - just gotta get it :P

@assassin_696: Yes, Moby does count ;)

Well i will come back and edit this once i have had a decent think about my fav artists.

But off the top of my head i love Faithless. Been around for so long and yet still able to create some awesome beats.

seph54646lrlr.jpg

Don't listen to much dance/trance these days but I still like it.

Who I like ... Okenfold, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk for example :)

Bubsa I think Rob produced some harder stuff than trance, like Speedcore :P

sig2ho7.jpg

I can't really get my head around any genre of dance music, trance is no exception. It just feels to repetetive and boring for my liking...

Ah... Ill check it out. The sample you sent me ages ago wasn't too bad...

And I do like some trance every now and then ;)

Vmser.png

I really like the ambient and relaxing trance music - Stuff like Children by Robert miles, but I don't know any artists so I can't get a whole lot of it.

Suggestions? :)

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I really like the ambient and relaxing trance music - Stuff like Children by Robert miles, but I don't know any artists so I can't get a whole lot of it.

DJ Shadow's good at that stuff. He got paid a bomb for samples now found on some older o2 adverts :)

I don't really like trance very much. But alot of my friends which just happen to be chavs like it.

PS. I'm not implying trance is chav music, im just saying some of my chav friends who happen to be chavs like trance.

I'm not a chav btw, quite the opposite.

DJ Shadow's good at that stuff. He got paid a bomb for samples now found on some older o2 adverts :)

Don't forget Dj Tiesto :o

Well i will come back and edit this once i have had a decent think about my fav artists.

But off the top of my head i love Faithless. Been around for so long and yet still able to create some awesome beats.

Ahh yes Faithless are great, although if anyone can explain to me what the random dude is shouting in Salva Mea it would help :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• 2 weeks later...

What kinds of trance do u guys like? House, hardcore, vocal, progressive, breakbeat? I always listen to vocal trance since it gets too boring without a voice. My current favorite songs is all the remixes of castle in the sky by DJs Sammy, Mystik, van [bleep], pulse, and tinman. They all sound the same, but itÃâáÃÆÃÂ¥s really good. Props to the original maker(forgot the name).

mysig31ha.png

dont like electronic music to have any vocals in it. but since most does, i put up with it. id really like hardcore music to have less vocals, since its mostly the f bomb over and over. cant listen to it with anyone around.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Some DJs I listen to are DJ Tiesto, DJ Hybrid, DJ Prada, DJ Tinman, DJ Mystik, DJ Sammy

DJ Sammy is bloody ABYSMAL. Talentless moron who takes decent songs and butchers them. And he looks and talks like a rodent.

I used to like trance, though the only things I'll listen to now are ATB, Chicane and Kai Tracid.

Dan, you'd really love Chicane, most of the stuff they do is sort of ambient, right good chillout music. Get the album "Far From the Maddening Crowd".

Some DJs I listen to are DJ Tiesto, DJ Hybrid, DJ Prada, DJ Tinman, DJ Mystik, DJ Sammy

DJ Sammy is bloody ABYSMAL. Talentless moron who takes decent songs and butchers them. And he looks and talks like a rodent.

I used to like trance, though the only things I'll listen to now are ATB, Chicane and Kai Tracid.

Dan, you'd really love Chicane, most of the stuff they do is sort of ambient, right good chillout music. Get the album "Far From the Maddening Crowd".

I'll be sure to check it out.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Hmm, you should check out some of the "Hed Kandi" lounge/chilled albums, Dan. Winter Chill, the Serve Chilled Series, Nu Cool etc. I'll quote some stuff out of the "Serve Chilled Vol. 2" booklet.

Anyone familiar with Hed Kandi will know about our two previous chill out albums. Serve Chilled and Winter Chill. Both sold extremely well proving that a well thought out compilation doesn't have to ride on the wave of the latest trend. With that in mind we thought it was time to add another Serve Chilled to the collection.

The beaty of not playing by major record company rules mean you are not reliant on major names and can choose by the quality of the tracks instead of what chart position they reached. As the show on jazz and the compilations become more popular we find ourselves receiving more and more material from smaller labels and many of our favourite racks have found their way onto this compilation. We also get the odd exclusive from labels who know that Hed Kandi buyers will go on to buy artist albums if they like what they hear! So take a journey trough our new compilation which is more than a little influenced by the impending summer time.

CD 1: is more suited to extremely late nights with its slightly more downbeat approach. It includes a brand new track by Afterlife that will feature on a newly updated version their album Simplicity Y2K. Chill out favourites Santessa get the remix treatment from 4hero on the track ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅEyes on YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!