Bots making true players look bad

Flamewhisker

It's best not to joke about botting in-game, at all. Remember, sarcasm isn't detected easily on the internet and some may take you seriously.. :wink:

Ya sometimes if im trying to level quickly i ignore people but when they say i bot ill say something then get back to work. If your not botting and someone says you are atleast have the decency to prove ur not.

Someone tought me how to mess some bots up.

Woodcutting:

Figure out which trees they goto then the pattern. Then be 1 step ahead of them so when they get to next tree they dont cut it lol. He said they will get messed up and its funny to watch because sometimes they run in circles...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i have 4 skill cape all melee max melee...

and everyone asks me if i went to bandits and afked them or botting a monster no i camp but no afk or bots

and i just got 94 mage from 86 with alchs i went to gwd so i didnt get any randoms and i could watch people kill sara and get good drop everey world

i was in they ask me if i was botting and i said no which i think botting is like hacking runescape for all kinds even if you auto type in w2 i sill think that is a hack you type it out of click on just do w/e dont bot or w/e come on that make runescape a lame game to play if everyone bots all the dang time....

I am Pure I am True I am all Over You...

I am Fear in the Night I am Bringer of Light

Duality64

Level 134

We are the Nightmare, the Chosen Silence

We are the Night

Someone actually accused for botting my quest cape. :smile:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

99 Hunter is a respectable skill to have if you haven't botted it of course. I think you should just shrug it off because you have earned that cape and your skill and you know it yourself. Anyone who calls you a bot has probably been exposed way too much to the botting world or has done it before. I do agree though that botters are making us look bad especially since there are more and more ways to do it now, and it's so widespread but as you said; just because many people do it, doesn't mean that it's okay!

Someone asked me if I was a bot, AFTER I asked them to change worlds.. I just had to say something about how nonsensical that is. :P You totally deserved your cape, don't worry about it. I can't say I enjoy the way they demean our accomplishments.. but YOU know what you did. It seems to me that if they're jumping to conclusions, they're probably involved in that kind of activity.

Blakdragon39.png

Ah, obviously you never heard of the bot that goes "go away plx" "hop plx" "I'ma 'portin you!" "no, you're the bot!"

Oh my, I wouldn't be surprised. :P My words, though, were "Can you please switch worlds?" After which, they asked, "are u a bot?" and I said "No, I just asked you a question.."

Blakdragon39.png

If I am skilling and I DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY of your idiotic statements or questions, it does not mean I am a bot.

If I had a nickel everytime I got reported for being a bot, i would seriously be able to use that money to pay for my member's fees every month.

Mystik01.gif

Ok, first of, people who uses bots are 1) people that aren't even interested in the game 2) people that are making pures apart from their main or 3) someone desperate to achieve something that never could.

It's easy to recognize accounts that are bots, and they get banned kinda quickly. Other players just accuses someone for botting just because they suck and they blame you for actually don't suck. If I was you, I'd say something really stupid like "M4h l3v3l 1s b3tt3r th4n y0ur5. Phr33 st00f pl0x. l0lz. BAN HAMMAR! =====|B|" or "Go to Karamja and ask for fire" or simply just ignore her. You can say your cool with people who actually cares.

And, if you really like playing runescape, you wouldn't bot. It's like reading the last page of the book before starting it. Apart, the entire new generation of runescape are botters or people who love to say "stfu n00b"

BTW congratz for your skill cape

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

They are probably just jealous that you did somthing they cant nor have the patience to do, a couple people have said I was a bot, i just blew it off and laughed at them. :)

Tirith_Aear.png

jfyat2.jpg

How many RuneScape members does it take to change a lightbulb? 2000. One to change it and 1999 to complain about how the old lightbulb was better.

• 1 month later...

I would hardly call it "a slap in the face" people that started playing after the War on RWT really just don't appreciate how RS used to be.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

• 2 weeks later...

99 Hunter is a respectable skill to have if you haven't botted it of course. I think you should just shrug it off because you have earned that cape and your skill and you know it yourself. Anyone who calls you a bot has probably been exposed way too much to the botting world or has done it before. I do agree though that botters are making us look bad especially since there are more and more ways to do it now, and it's so widespread but as you said; just because many people do it, doesn't mean that it's okay!

actually, people who do bot or have seen how bots work can generally tell who's botting and who isn't botting... most bots do something in a particular pattern that is pretty easy to recognize if you've seen it first hand. Most kids who just throw around the accusation of botter don't have any idea how bots work and just use it as a way to feel better about their accounts because obviously, if someone elses account is better than your own they either botted it or are a nerd. (sarcasm) :roll:

pandapk2.jpg

Speaking of bots, has anyone noticed the increase of mining guild bots lately? :mellow:

I have noticed the increaase of mining guild bots lately :/ i also noticed crafting guild gold bots are increasing

VideoGameSigs4c274971671ba.png

TF2 Quotes

"stabbity stabbity stab" - [tcf] Chaotic Flare

"if life gives you an orange, you must be a mexican" - [tcf] PyrooryP

"will! you! stop! sapping! my! sentry! gun! god! [bleep]it!" - [tcf] g0 di3 sp1e

"he's like a bottle of soda with a skittle at the bottom, it doesn't really do anything it just sits there looking interesting and you can't drink it, so you basically just want to throw it out but you don't" - [tcf] sarrix

What's funny is that sometimes I 1) just dont want to talk at that time, or 2) There's nothing to say, or 3) I'm just standing in a spot for a long period of time either talking or searching these forums, and then someone comes up to me and says "Bot". I reply, and they're like "oh." <_<

Usually when i dont wanna talk, they ask either why or "you could've said something." <_<

I hate it when people call me a bot and then have some stupid thing to say about it <_<

(See a trend with my smileys?)

People just need to mind their own buisness!

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

What's funny is that sometimes I 1) just dont want to talk at that time, or 2) There's nothing to say, or 3) I'm just standing in a spot for a long period of time either talking or searching these forums, and then someone comes up to me and says "Bot". I reply, and they're like "oh." <_<

Usually when i dont wanna talk, they ask either why or "you could've said something." <_<

I hate it when people call me a bot and then have some stupid thing to say about it <_<

(See a trend with my smileys?)

People just need to mind their own buisness!

Most ppl mind their own business its just all those wannabe mods that hope if they report enough ppl they'll be chosen by jagex.

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!