Flamewhisker

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was a game for just bots.

There is. It's called Maple Story. :lol:

Heehee Sooooo true. I went pirate and got sick of it :wall:

I don't have any high levels or any skillcapes, but if someone is dissing you for getting a respectable cape in a legitimate way, they're not even worth your time.

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

can we still throw gnomeballs to bots so they deposit their axes and picks?

I think it might have changed since pkers where doing it to weapons.

^ lol I love that idea, I'll try it sometime.

I used to get accused of auto-clicking on the way to 99 magic because I could type sentences without skipping a beat on my alching. Lots of people think you have to stop alching to type sentences out. I'd never use a bot, just don't want to risk my 137 cb 2000+ total level account. I used to get offended when people accused me of cheating, but now that it's over, I don't care about it at all. It's a good feeling of achievement to never cheat, never use a bot. It feels good to never have to have somebody else get that fire cape for you or do a quest like Summer's End for you. Everything that I have accomplished it pure and I just don't care what other people have said. :)

^ Same here, I just have one hand on the keyboard and the other on a mouse/touch pad.

I have 99 hunter too and It does take a serious amount of time and patience, I too have been called a bot..

But I've been noticing a HUGE increase in the 90~ Hunter level, I use to be about rank 8k, now Im near 12k.

Defining Rune Pure

kisssigg.png

You know whats funny? All these complaints about bots now. There were ALOT more over four years ago. But it does need to be taken care more than it has. It has to be hard for Jagex though, but even more annoying for the player who actually spent the time to level it up right.

Congratulations on 99 Hunter too :D

It's almost as bad now, because people who bot aren't gold farmers, they're just lazy.icon_ugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Late congratulations on 99 hunter!! :thumbsup:

My goal was set on 83 (for dragon implings) and recently took it up again, I can't spend more than 1 hour at it... So quite an achievement in my eyes!

And it's true, alot of bots on the chins spots.

Alot of bots at monkfish too, never seen them there before.

When I was getting 99 Woodcutting on baller, I would sit at the Ivy vines for hours a day on the same world. I got called a bot many times. I was actually playing rs on one screen and watching the first 4 seasons of Stargate on the other.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

That's a great way to pass time while training. Personally, I've been watching The X-Files from the beginning of season 1 while I mine for the last few weeks. (guess who got a most excellent present for Christmas. :grin: )

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I had someone report me the other claiming I was a bot based on the fact I didn't answer them. The truth is the other person was a complete and utter moron trying to push my buttons and didn't deserve the time. I personally don't have a problem with bots, they don't really affect my game play. But I don't condone them, I would never use them and never have. I respect those who get levels without them. It's much more of an achievement.

Congratulations on 99 hunter by the way. :)

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I had someone report me the other claiming I was a bot based on the fact I didn't answer them. The truth is the other person was a complete and utter moron trying to push my buttons and didn't deserve the time.

Don't worry, he's just a wanna-be mod. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 weeks later...

How do we know if these are actually bots?

I thought Jagex took care of the majority a few years ago, but obviously from what I'm hearing, they are still around. Jagex can detect bots now a lot better than they could a few years ago.

Now sure where I'm going with this, but I'll wait for a reply.

i've been around a long time, and i've dabbled in the cheating community off and on a few times throughout my RS career, my original main from 2001 was banned in 05 for botting... and let me tell you from personal experience... alot more people and alot more accounts than you would typically think, are botted. Generally the cheating community will go through cycles. A new bot is developed and used by a small community and very few if any of those people recieve bans... then as the bots are passed along and sold to more and more people , more of said people are eventually reported and many of those reported are eventually banned... but believe you me, many more people get away with botting then you would typically think.

In fact there is a kid who goes to the same college as I do who botted 99 hunter in 2 weeks, I watched him do it and I followed his daily xp gains.... it's been close to 3 months since then and he hasn't recieved any ban... and that isn't the only stat he's botted.

The only reason hunter is botted so often is because it is a relatively quick 99 if you bot it, it earns about as much cash as you need to buy claws for a pure, which many people who do bot only bot a pure because they dont want to risk the hard work they have put into their main... so yeah, theres a little bit of knowledge for the more naive scapers out there =)

pandapk2.jpg

The difference between a true player and a bot is that a botter will eventually do something stupid to get itself banned - the interface will change, and they won't change their code, or jagex will subtly change something like they do every month, and the bot won't be able to handle it.

Also, the big thing about bots is they don't talk to other people- most scapers will be social when they grind, respond to others. Bots don't have "intelligent" conversations, this is somewhere that kiddy scripters will never be able to fully implement, and if they do, 'gratz - they'll have solved the whole AI thing.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The difference between a true player and a bot is that a botter will eventually do something stupid to get itself banned - the interface will change, and they won't change their code, or jagex will subtly change something like they do every month, and the bot won't be able to handle it.

Also, the big thing about bots is they don't talk to other people- most scapers will be social when they grind, respond to others. Bots don't have "intelligent" conversations, this is somewhere that kiddy scripters will never be able to fully implement, and if they do, 'gratz - they'll have solved the whole AI thing.

that's not always true, I know of a few "flawless" bots that have been widely circulated and are being used by alot of people right now. The difference between these bots and some crappty public communities bots is that these bots DON'T mess up, and are updated every week as jagex updates, these bots can literally be run 24/7 and do not mess up, do not fail randoms. What most people probably don't know is that jagex cannot detect every bot like they claimed they could awhile back there are far too many accounts doing far too many things on a day to day basis for jagex to keep track of all of the information being generated by each account everyday. Jagex's bot detection system generally isn't activated until someone reports a bot, then that account is "flagged" and a closer look is taken into their playing patterns. The most general way of describing their detection system is that jagex detects what a person CANNOT do, not what a person WOULDN'T do.

pandapk2.jpg

Something similar happened to me awhile back when I was still playing RS:

I was training my defence to level 75 (or trying to), so I was wearing my firecape, rune armor, and dragon longsword(rofl). Out of nowhere, some level 100 comes in and goes "Lol noobs, jealous of my cape?" (He was wearing a firecape).

Then: "LOL Hubs55.. What a rwt'er.. Nice d long noob.. if u gonna buy your cape off some site, might as well buy a better weapon."

That my friends, is one heck of a LOL moment. The poor noob was so proud of getting his cape at level 100, and then he somehow gets the idea that I RWT'ed mine. Good times, good times..

Anyways, you should just ignore them, or utterly and completely destroy them (verbally). I prefer the latter (far more satisfying), but I run the risk of getting muted :thumbsup: .

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

Something similar happened to me awhile back when I was still playing RS:

I was training my defence to level 75 (or trying to), so I was wearing my firecape, rune armor, and dragon longsword(rofl). Out of nowhere, some level 100 comes in and goes "Lol noobs, jealous of my cape?" (He was wearing a firecape).

Then: "LOL Hubs55.. What a rwt'er.. Nice d long noob.. if u gonna buy your cape off some site, might as well buy a better weapon."

That my friends, is one heck of a LOL moment. The poor noob was so proud of getting his cape at level 100, and then he somehow gets the idea that I RWT'ed mine. Good times, good times..

Anyways, you should just ignore them, or utterly and completely destroy them (verbally). I prefer the latter (far more satisfying), but I run the risk of getting muted :thumbsup: .

It's a lot more fun to play the idiot, and then turn the accusation right around on them.

"lol you probably bought that character"

"I registered this character."

"No, you bought it off of some website."

"You can't buy characters off of websites."

"Yes you can, noob."

"How do you know? You probably bought yours."

"No I didn't!"

"Well you sure know a lot about it for someone who claims to not do it. Cheater"

"OMG I'M NOT A CHEATER!"

"Yes you are. I can't be seen talking to a loser who buys gold online. emot-dogout.gif"

"*string of expletives*

*he logs out*

"emot-chord.gif"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Ok I'm going to say this...The bots dont exactly work, you'd have to....

a: make your own

b: buy a good one

because the cheap ones dont work since runescape uses blended colors now. My friend tried em once and thats what happened, so

I, being curious and what not and looked into it and that's why. No i didnt bot my 71 wc otherwise i would have atleast 90 wc. Bots are for losers

lvl 3's who usually where a weird outfit no hair to avoid

coloration effects to their bots. Thats why all lvl 3 wcers look same while they cut yews cause they are botting it.

How do we know if these are actually bots?

I thought Jagex took care of the majority a few years ago, but obviously from what I'm hearing, they are still around. Jagex can detect bots now a lot better than they could a few years ago.

Now sure where I'm going with this, but I'll wait for a reply.

Uhhh, even Jagex stated something along the lines that even if they double up on bot detection programs, bot scripters can quadruple in terms of bot detection avoidance. From what I've seen, botters are usually smart enough to not get caught.

Back on topic in reply to the OP; What people say doesn't matter. It never matters. You can be a noob for everything. Literally everything, thus you should ignore players that insult/taunt you. "Botter" is used similiar to the term "Nerd" or "Noob". Meaningless mostly because nothing actually implies that you are, a worthless comeback really.

most people on the game conclude that if you don't talk alot or ignore people talking, they just automatically assume you botted.

Can't blame them as Hunter, your pretty much out there all by yourself so you can get away with it, as well not many people get hunter as a first cape so that adds to the thought that "okay, maybe he did bot" though that doesn't you did it.

so if they just say bot ignore them or just be like "yea i botted, i botted all my hunter equipment to catch all these chins manually" (get it, botted = boughted, lame joke i know)

Rucky.png